Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Would you guys want Nnamdi? I think he's likely to get cut or whatever. Kind of interested in your offseason.

A secondary of Gilmore, Scrabble, Byrd, Searcy starting with Williams, Brooks, Rogers and hopefully McKelvin would be sick

And Vick and CJ SPiller on offense

Dynasty?

i don't get everyone's obsession with Vick, he is a very talented but supper inconsistent QB. If we sign him do you really think his play will elevate us to contenders? cause i don't.

I 100% agree with you. We have some guy coming in the jets forum(BBIB) whose a major vick fan and is trying to convince us to sign him. Then he claims if we dont sign vick, and the bills do they will be better than the jets. Quite honestly i think vick is an aging average veteran. I dont see how he would make your team or any team better. The ideal situation for the bills in my mind would be keep fitzpatrick and draft a wilson or glennon. Then try to improve the line. Thats the next best step in my mind for the bills.

He's been pushing Vick to the Cardinals as well...couldn't tell you where he really wants Vick to go! Laughing

Glad you mentioned the OL. Most here will sing the praises of our OL, but the truth is the right side could use some help as they definitely took a step backwards from last season.

All 3 of those teams would have been better off if they signed Vick in 2009 when this Vick homer was saying that he would be an upgrade

I was right then and I"m still right today

If We'd signed Vick in 09' instead of the iggle's he would have been destroyed like he was this year, just three years earlier.

We had one of the worst O-lines ever.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Would you guys want Nnamdi? I think he's likely to get cut or whatever. Kind of interested in your offseason.

A secondary of Gilmore, Scrabble, Byrd, Searcy starting with Williams, Brooks, Rogers and hopefully McKelvin would be sick

And Vick and CJ SPiller on offense

Dynasty?

i don't get everyone's obsession with Vick, he is a very talented but supper inconsistent QB. If we sign him do you really think his play will elevate us to contenders? cause i don't.

I 100% agree with you. We have some guy coming in the jets forum(BBIB) whose a major vick fan and is trying to convince us to sign him. Then he claims if we dont sign vick, and the bills do they will be better than the jets. Quite honestly i think vick is an aging average veteran. I dont see how he would make your team or any team better. The ideal situation for the bills in my mind would be keep fitzpatrick and draft a wilson or glennon. Then try to improve the line. Thats the next best step in my mind for the bills.

He's been pushing Vick to the Cardinals as well...couldn't tell you where he really wants Vick to go! Laughing

Glad you mentioned the OL. Most here will sing the praises of our OL, but the truth is the right side could use some help as they definitely took a step backwards from last season.

All 3 of those teams would have been better off if they signed Vick in 2009 when this Vick homer was saying that he would be an upgrade

I was right then and I"m still right today

Any others? How about the St. Louis, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Oakland? I wonder if teams will be tripping over each other trying to sign him, since you're "still right"?!? I'm gonna say, "Nope.", but I guess I could be wrong. (Doubt it though.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

Any others? How about the St. Louis, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Oakland? I wonder if teams will be tripping over each other trying to sign him, since you're "still right"?!? I'm gonna say, "Nope.", but I guess I could be wrong. (Doubt it though.)

The Vikings or the Rams would have been perfect fits especially with the running game compliment and the added factor of playing in the Dome

I may be a Vick homer but I"m not going to say that Vick is some all-pro that would guarantee those teams a Super bowl but he would have given them a significantly better chance of contending than they previously had

And the same goes for the Bills. Vick would give the Bills a more legit shot at contending for an AFC East title and a playoff spot over the next 4 years than they will realistically ever have without him.

And it's not because Vick is an all-pro it's just an honest assessment of the QB situation right now in the NFL. There are no Peyton Mannings right now in free agency that are considering the Bills
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

The Vikings or the Rams would have been perfect fits especially with the running game compliment and the added factor of playing in the Dome

I may be a Vick homer but I"m not going to say that Vick is some all-pro that would guarantee those teams a Super bowl but he would have given them a significantly better chance of contending than they previously had

And the same goes for the Bills. Vick would give the Bills a more legit shot at contending for an AFC East title and a playoff spot over the next 4 years than they will realistically ever have without him.

And it's not because Vick is an all-pro it's just an honest assessment of the QB situation right now in the NFL. There are no Peyton Mannings right now in free agency that are considering the Bills

and you think Vick is considering Buffalo? HA! He didn't want to come here in 09 and he wont do it now. Zero chance.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

and you think Vick is considering Buffalo? HA! He didn't want to come here in 09 and he wont do it now. Zero chance.

Actually, he would have rather signed with the Bills than with the Eagles.

http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openmike/story/Vick-Wanted-to-be-a-Buffalo-Bill/mrwLAmi8qkiDXPCF4jH_UQ.cspx

Quote:
The now Eagles star quarterback says that when he was being let back into the league, he thought he had a good chance to step in and start for the Bills or the Bengals. But Vick says Commissioner Roger Goodell steered him to the Eagles and told him not to sign with Buffalo or Cincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openmike/story/Vick-Wanted-to-be-a-Buffalo-Bill/mrwLAmi8qkiDXPCF4jH_UQ.cspx

Quote:
The now Eagles star quarterback says that when he was being let back into the league, he thought he had a good chance to step in and start for the Bills or the Bengals. But Vick says Commissioner Roger Goodell steered him to the Eagles and told him not to sign with Buffalo or Cincinnati

Beat me to it. And although Vick will have options he won't have THAT many where he can thumb his nose at just any team

Nor should he. The Bills should be a destination for some of the same reasons they would have been in 2009 and that is a team where he has a legit shot to claim the starting job. That's unlike the uncertainty of the Jets with all that money they owe Sanchez

Although I agree that it's much more viable now in 2012 than it was then in terms of an improved Oline and defense at that.

It actually may be the BEST fit in terms of combination of talent and a division that's not exactly loaded

The AFC East is far less competitive than the NFC East. Bills could be in position to be the clear cut 2nd best team in that division to the most consistent franchise in the NFL

And in terms of matchups they could have a legit shot at winning the AFC East if they beat the Pats head to head which their chances would be as high in doing that than they've been in over a decade.

Vick's mobility could give the Patriots D the same fits they had in their two meetings vs the Seahawks and 49ers this year
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Quote:

Goodell may have "steered" him but he didn't hold a gun to his head saying he must go to Philly. If he really wanted to come here he could have. Also with Gailey and possibly even Nix leaving who knows whether the next regime will even want the injury prone Vick.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

Goodell may have "steered" him but he didn't hold a gun to his head saying he must go to Philly. If he really wanted to come here he could have. Also with Gailey and possibly even Nix leaving who knows whether the next regime will even want the injury prone Vick.

With all the alternative options considered between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith, I like Vick's chances of being near the top of the list

But regime will be important. If it's a regime that runs the west coast offense Vick needs to avoid it like the plague.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

With all the alternative options considered between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith, I like Vick's chances of being near the top of the list

But regime will be important. If it's a regime that runs the west coast offense Vick needs to avoid it like the plague.

Guy, The bills are not the team thats going to go after Vick. Im atleast 99% sure at some point in the draft, the bills will select a quarterback. The ideal situation is to groom him into a starter. Having Vick come in on a one year deal for 5 mill and Vick having to learn a new offense would be absolutely worthless. Keep a guy that knows the offense and can groom the young kid into it. This draft has no quarterbacks that jump out at you but they do have quarterbacks that if groomed the right way can become something special.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Guy, The bills are not the team thats going to go after Vick. Im atleast 99% sure at some point in the draft, the bills will select a quarterback. The ideal situation is to groom him into a starter. Having Vick come in on a one year deal for 5 mill and Vick having to learn a new offense would be absolutely worthless. Keep a guy that knows the offense and can groom the young kid into it. This draft has no quarterbacks that jump out at you but they do have quarterbacks that if groomed the right way can become something special.

First Vick won't sign a 1 yr contract, like 2 year and even if we draft a QB non really should be starting immediately. No matter which way its dissected he is a upgrade and that initially is the objective
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone that says bring in Nnamdi watched him today. The guy is a bottom feeder. You're living in the past. He's worse than Aaron Williams. Reuben Randle and Domenik Hixon tap danced on his face today. Just like everyone else has.

TommyC376^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I hope everyone that says bring in Nnamdi watched him today. The guy is a bottom feeder. You're living in the past. He's worse than Aaron Williams. Reuben Randle and Domenik Hixon tap danced on his face today. Just like everyone else has.

Yeah I watched this game due to blackout, Scrabble is no longer top 5 CB but yet will likely get a 1st round pick, PASS !!
BBIB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

First Vick won't sign a 1 yr contract, like 2 year and even if we draft a QB non really should be starting immediately. No matter which way its dissected he is a upgrade and that initially is the objective

I think RDawg realized that if the Bills get Vick that the Jets really could be in the cellar of the AFC East

On a serious note, Vick could be a key piece for the Bills to land a coach like Chip Kelly.

Other than Cam Newton the most ideal of ideal quarterbacks that Chip Kelly could have, Vick is at the top of the list for a fit in Kelly's system

Then you add CJ Spiller in the mix and the Bills could run all over that division literally and figuratively
don4593

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what people are fail to realize in this thread is that a lot of these players people are throwing out there are productive because of the system they are playing in. We do not know what system we are going to have considering we do not know our coach and coordinators.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody remember Glen Dorsey? The DT from LSU? He is a FA now and i think putting him back in a 4-3 surrounded by other talent would be a great move for us. This guy was a top draft choice when he came out and has been misplaced in Kansas City's 3-4. Why not take a chance on this guy as our 4th DT?

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: