Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Would you guys want Nnamdi? I think he's likely to get cut or whatever. Kind of interested in your offseason.

Uh, duh.

#JDI
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Would you guys want Nnamdi? I think he's likely to get cut or whatever. Kind of interested in your offseason.

Uh, duh.

Pick up the guy who was playing in unfamilliar waters in Philly, struggled a LITTLE but still played very well, and address a position of one of our biggest needs?

Yes please.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of calls to cut Fitz for cap space, but I am very much against that. First off, I read a report claiming that cutting him only nets us $500k in cap space next year. If you can find a team for him in trade where we can pay part of Fitz's salary for them to take him, it might be worth considering.

But for a mere $500k, Fitz is far to valuable as a backup and mentor to whatever QB we draft. He's very smart, and by all reports a great guy. I'd love to have him around helping out the new QB.

Besides, looking at this draft class, we may not be able to get a QB ready to step in day one. I'd rather have Fitz starting at the beginning of the year than risk ruining the confidence of a QB with potential because we throw him to the wolves.

If we want to save cap money at QB, then simply not re-signing Tarvaris Jackson makes a lot more sense.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:

A secondary of Gilmore, Scrabble, Byrd, Searcy starting with Williams, Brooks, Rogers and hopefully McKelvin would be sick
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
I see a lot of calls to cut Fitz for cap space, but I am very much against that. First off, I read a report claiming that cutting him only nets us $500k in cap space next year. If you can find a team for him in trade where we can pay part of Fitz's salary for them to take him, it might be worth considering.

But for a mere $500k, Fitz is far to valuable as a backup and mentor to whatever QB we draft. He's very smart, and by all reports a great guy. I'd love to have him around helping out the new QB.

Besides, looking at this draft class, we may not be able to get a QB ready to step in day one. I'd rather have Fitz starting at the beginning of the year than risk ruining the confidence of a QB with potential because we throw him to the wolves.

If we want to save cap money at QB, then simply not re-signing Tarvaris Jackson makes a lot more sense.

I must be mistaken, but I thought cutting him would save us $5M.

In any case, I want to keep him as well, and for many of the reasons you mentioned. Great mentor, great backup, and can start until our rookie is ready. I don't want him starting long term, but like you I'm not sure I want to throw a rookie in there from day 1.

On the other hand, we do have a pretty solid OL, so a rookie might do fairly well from the start, and get valuable starting experience early on.

IDK...

Either way, I'd like to keep Fitzy around as well.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:

In any case, I want to keep him as well, and for many of the reasons you mentioned. Great mentor, great backup, and can start until our rookie is ready. I don't want him starting long term, but like you I'm not sure I want to throw a rookie in there from day 1.

On the other hand, we do have a pretty solid OL, so a rookie might do fairly well from the start, and get valuable starting experience early on.

IDK...

Yeah, I found the report again. Can't vouch for its accuracy, but I was basing it off of this. If right, cutting him is actually a $450k savings. Slightly less even than I'd first claimed.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:

IDK...

Yeah, I found the report again. Can't vouch for its accuracy, but I was basing it off of this. If right, cutting him is actually a $450k savings. Slightly less even than I'd first claimed.

You guys are using good logic here. Far too many overly emotional types on this site even who want him out the door ASAP. That's foolish IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

A secondary of Gilmore, Scrabble, Byrd, Searcy starting with Williams, Brooks, Rogers and hopefully McKelvin would be sick

And Vick and CJ SPiller on offense

Dynasty?
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

i don't get everyone's obsession with Vick, he is a very talented but supper inconsistent QB. If we sign him do you really think his play will elevate us to contenders? cause i don't.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

i don't get everyone's obsession with Vick, he is a very talented but supper inconsistent QB. If we sign him do you really think his play will elevate us to contenders? cause i don't.

me neither, I would rather have Fitz then Vick tbh. Fitz knows these offensive players and Vick would come here with this self entitlement bs.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

Not to mention that we'd be going from a, whatever his flaws, likeable QB like Fitz that you want to succeed, to ... Michael Vick. If Vick was the Bills QB, while I would still route for the Bills to win, I would be routing just as strongly for Vick to fail miserably, humiliate himself more than he ever has before, get benched, get cut, and find himself unable to find anyone willing to take him even as a backup.

The only way I would be happy about Vick having come to Buffalo is if Buffalo went down as the place that ended his career in the most embarrassing way possible.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

I was being a bit facetious but honestly it would be a great fit assuming that you actually get a coaching staff that doesn't handcuff him in the west coast offense where he doesn't belong and throws the ball 40 times a game instead of utilizing CJ Spiller

The way I look at it the Bills have an improving defense, a solid offensive line, and a commitment to the running game.

Those are a combination of things that Vick basically hasn't had his whole career

Also the Bills could get the 5 million dollar motivated version of Vick that plays at a Pro Bowl fringe All-Pro level, not the one that rests on his laurels after the $100 million dollar contracts
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

I 100% agree with you. We have some guy coming in the jets forum(BBIB) whose a major vick fan and is trying to convince us to sign him. Then he claims if we dont sign vick, and the bills do they will be better than the jets. Quite honestly i think vick is an aging average veteran. I dont see how he would make your team or any team better. The ideal situation for the bills in my mind would be keep fitzpatrick and draft a wilson or glennon. Then try to improve the line. Thats the next best step in my mind for the bills.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

I 100% agree with you. We have some guy coming in the jets forum(BBIB) whose a major vick fan and is trying to convince us to sign him. Then he claims if we dont sign vick, and the bills do they will be better than the jets. Quite honestly i think vick is an aging average veteran. I dont see how he would make your team or any team better. The ideal situation for the bills in my mind would be keep fitzpatrick and draft a wilson or glennon. Then try to improve the line. Thats the next best step in my mind for the bills.

He's been pushing Vick to the Cardinals as well...couldn't tell you where he really wants Vick to go! Laughing

Glad you mentioned the OL. Most here will sing the praises of our OL, but the truth is the right side could use some help as they definitely took a step backwards from last season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BBIB wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Dynasty?

He's been pushing Vick to the Cardinals as well...couldn't tell you where he really wants Vick to go! Laughing

Glad you mentioned the OL. Most here will sing the praises of our OL, but the truth is the right side could use some help as they definitely took a step backwards from last season.

All 3 of those teams would have been better off if they signed Vick in 2009 when this Vick homer was saying that he would be an upgrade

I was right then and I"m still right today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: