Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason? Reply with quote

We have a thread for our soon-to-be-free agents in the offseason and who we'd like to keep and let walk. So, what about who you think the Bills should make a run at in free agency or trade this offseason? Who would you like to acquire? Let's try to be realistic though. Will we really land a Mario-caliber player again this year? Probably not.

For me, I think the Bills have a chance at a couple players, but I don't expect us to get any huge names. That means no Bowe, Grimes, or Jennings no matter how much of a need we have for those positions. However, I think we might be able to land a lesser name but someone still good. To start off, I think the Bills could have an excellent chance at trading for Alex Smith if Nix was open to that idea. As for free agency, I think a guy like Mike Jenkins could be attainable and could help us a lot.

So, let's throw some ideas out there. Who could the Bills realistically land this spring/summer outside of the draft?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free agent class this year I think is rather weak, but these are my thoughts

The one strong position I think out there is TE, I think we should sign another TE and try and utilize it like New England does, you have Gonzo, Heath Miller, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, but I think we should try and nab someone like Delanie Walker.

If we loose Leodis,I think one guy we should look at for #3/#4 CB should be Mike Jenkins, you also have guys like Derek Cox, Sean Smith

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Max on TE need, but would assume Miller stays in Pitt, Gonzo in ATL if they don't win SB, Keller looks decent as a pass catching threat but if Jeff Cumberland keeps playing well, he may not be back. Delanie Walker would be a good bet..

OLB Daryl Smith is a must look even if we select a LB early as well
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LB and future qb will be in the draft. I think WR and CB should be answered in the FA, also TE and Qb would be nice.

Bowe Jennings and possibly wallace will be the answer for the bills wr position. Yes they will have the funds and nix knows it is important for them to get another wr. So i do see them going for a big name at this position.

CB Grimes, Jenkins and DRC would be potential candidates

QB Vick is the only qb that comes to mind as a FA qb and i think fitz will be cut to save money. Alex smith, matt flynn arent answers and more money throwing at mediocrity isnt worth it the bills need a game changer not a clock manager like those guys.

TE not sure on the amount of good ones but I think dustin keller could be cheap and an upgrade to chandler.

Thanks Max
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in the mindset that TE might not be a huge need for us this offseason. I would have said differently a month or two ago, but I think Lee Smith is getting more involved and I don't think Chandler is that bad. Certainly not one of the better TEs but not among the worst like Robert Royal, Michael Gaines, Shawn Nelson, etc. were.

Another QB I'd love to try to trade for (but probably won't happen just because he's a Patriot) is Ryan Mallett. Too bad he's in our division and I doubt the Patriots would pull another Bledsoe-like trade with us. Plus, with Brady getting older now, they might want to keep him. Many think he could be a starter right now though and I bet other teams have called about him in the past couple years.

Flynn is an interesting one too. I was confident he'd be the Seahawks' starter this season but then Wilson came along. Not sure I'd be too confident with him now but he's stuck now behind Wilson just as he was in Green Bay behind Rodgers before. If he wants a chance to start, he could have to do it somewhere else. You never know. If the Seahawks can get something for him in a trade, they very well could shop him and move him.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances you guys don't resign Byrd?

R.I.P. Stylish
Notmyfault

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Probably close to no chance since he will get franchised if a contract can't be reached.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

I think at the very least we will franchise him. I have a hard time not believing he won't be in a Bills jersey next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
We have a thread for our soon-to-be-free agents in the offseason and who we'd like to keep and let walk. So, what about who you think the Bills should make a run at in free agency or trade this offseason? Who would you like to acquire? Let's try to be realistic though. Will we really land a Mario-caliber player again this year? Probably not.

For me, I think the Bills have a chance at a couple players, but I don't expect us to get any huge names. That means no Bowe, Grimes, or Jennings no matter how much of a need we have for those positions. However, I think we might be able to land a lesser name but someone still good. To start off, I think the Bills could have an excellent chance at trading for Alex Smith if Nix was open to that idea. As for free agency, I think a guy like Mike Jenkins could be attainable and could help us a lot.

So, let's throw some ideas out there. Who could the Bills realistically land this spring/summer outside of the draft?

I thought we had a lot of $$ to spend this offseason??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should we pursue in free agency/trade this offseason Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:

We technically dont have to spend a dime, but we can spend up to $49 mil

I thought we had a lot of $$ to spend this offseason??

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to another bills fan on one of these threads he is saying somewhere around 40-50 million with the roll over amount. So if thats true then I dont see why the bills wouldnt land a wr and cb. The bills keep rotating the #2 cb and mcgee is good as gone, mckelvin is a FA and upgrading him would be great. I would like Grimes DRC or Jenkins and bowe and I would be happy.

Byrd and Levitre should be resigned no questions asked.

I also see fitz being cut to save some cap space. Go out and pick up a veteran like Vick while drafting a qb. Flynn, alex smith, and cousins would be available via trade however the bills gave up a draft pick already for TJax. So i dont see that happening plus they would want a new contract worth more.

Thanks Max
SteveJohnson13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build around defense, wait for franchise qb in the draft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
According to another bills fan on one of these threads he is saying somewhere around 40-50 million with the roll over amount. So if thats true then I dont see why the bills wouldnt land a wr and cb. The bills keep rotating the #2 cb and mcgee is good as gone, mckelvin is a FA and upgrading him would be great. I would like Grimes DRC or Jenkins and bowe and I would be happy.

Byrd and Levitre should be resigned no questions asked.

I also see fitz being cut to save some cap space. Go out and pick up a veteran like Vick while drafting a qb. Flynn, alex smith, and cousins would be available via trade however the bills gave up a draft pick already for TJax. So i dont see that happening plus they would want a new contract worth more.

The problem in regards to all of this Cap room is that only 34-35 players are accounted for for next season if I remember correctly. We got a lot of bodies to sign!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I think at the very least we will franchise him. I have a hard time not believing he won't be in a Bills jersey next year.
Agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but majority of those bodies come cheap. The bills need a #2 CB and a #2 WR. Donald Jones, TJ Graham, Nelson and brad smith are not the answer. Aaron Williams and Rogers is not the answer for the #2 CB spot. Mckelvin is a FA and Mcgee needs to be cut. The bills have enough cap space to bring in 1 or 2 top players, resign Levitre and byrd, and fill the roster via FA or Draft.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: