Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 AZ Cardinal Free Agent List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: 2013 AZ Cardinal Free Agent List Reply with quote

Michael Adams CB UFA
D'Anthony Batiste T UFA
Nick Eason DE UFA
Mike Gibson G UFA
Vonnie Holliday DT UFA
Brian Hoyer QB UFA
Rashad Johnson S UFA
Paris Lenon LB UFA

Pat McQuistan T UFA
William Powell RB RFA
James Sanders S UFA *edit for boldness
Alfonso Smith RB UFA
LaRod Stephens-Howling RB UFA

Ronald Talley DE RFA
Greg Toler CB UFA

According to: http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/arizona-cardinals/

If you see, we're pretty thin at Safety if Rashad does leave and A-Dub is let go. Also, Powell is a RFA but we have two RB's to be UFA and I would expect LSH to be extended.

Toler will likely get another year to prove he can return from injury but who knows.

Last edited by iRobot on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 AZ Cardinal Free Agent List Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
If you see, we're pretty thin at Safety if Rashad does leave and A-Dub is let go.

Been stressing this for quite some time. James Sanders is an UFA as well.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 AZ Cardinal Free Agent List Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
If you see, we're pretty thin at Safety if Rashad does leave and A-Dub is let go.

Been stressing this for quite some time. James Sanders is an UFA as well.

Yes he is, I missed him in the list.
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't afford to let ADub leave... its simple as that. I dont think he will and LSH needs to get signed also
Cusi10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
We can't afford to let ADub leave... its simple as that. I dont think he will and LSH needs to get signed also

I really dont see why people are freaking out.

Adub is under contract and we would be foolish to let him leave. And there is no excuse for rashad johnson not to be back.

It would take our FO being complete morons for these two to not be in a cardinals uniform.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
AZCardinalsFan wrote:

I really dont see why people are freaking out.

Adub is under contract and we would be foolish to let him leave. And there is no excuse for rashad johnson not to be back.

It would take our FO being complete morons for these two to not be in a cardinals uniform.

Players do get hurt and there are very few bodies to man either of the S positions. Bethel is a little small for may tastes to play back there...I'm really hoping he can continue to improve and solidify his presence as a CB. Also, ADub has had a terrific career here, but it did seem like maybe he had lost a step this past season. He just wasn't playing up to his typically good standards. There's definitely a need to resign Johnson and to find another body...more nature of the business as opposed to us fans freaking out IMO. And I think there just might be some interest in Rashad...for example, if the Bills are unable to resign or choose not to franchise FS Byrd for some reason, I'd hope they'd go after Rashad! He's got a fairly significant amount of experience, has ballhawking skills, and is still young enough where you'd expect him to have a several solid years left.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rashad has ball hawking skills? He's got like 2 picks in 4 years and the 1 was a tipped Brett Favre pass 2 years ago. Rashad's playmaking skills are near non-existant.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Rashad has ball hawking skills? He's got like 2 picks in 4 years and the 1 was a tipped Brett Favre pass 2 years ago. Rashad's playmaking skills are near non-existant.

Well, to be fair, he has 2 picks this season and has looked better. But to be really fair, calling him a ball hawk is still far fetched.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

He really hasn't gotten that many minutes, though...certainly not a lot of starts. (Now that I look closer, except for last year.) Huh, I guess it's possible that I'm giving him too much credit for this season... Decent ballhawking skills, maybe? Wink Nevertheless, I'd still seriously consider him if the Bills screwed up epically and failed to keep Byrd. Which they better not do!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, he has 3 picks for his career, forgot about the 1 in the Falcons game (Also a tipped ball...). Thanks for the correction iRobot.

I'm not saying Rashad wouldn't have value to this or any other team, I'm just saying he's not going to make impact plays defensively.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Ah, he has 3 picks for his career, forgot about the 1 in the Falcons game (Also a tipped ball...). Thanks for the correction iRobot.

I'm not saying Rashad wouldn't have value to this or any other team, I'm just saying he's not going to make impact plays defensively.

Agreed. He has value as a back-up and that's about it to me. He's younger than A-Dub but I think A-Dub is still a better option than Rashad at this point and with our roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: