Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Source: QB Search Will "Exhaust All Resources"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZCardinalsFan


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 1185
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
What about Kolb?

I assume Lindley is here in 2013 and so is Skelton, as they are cheap backups.

Does Kolb get a third year at a reduced rate?


I think Skelton is gone and Hoyer will be the 2nd/3rd QB next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From mid season to 2/3 on depth chart?

quite a rise.

but i can see your point, Skelton might have played himself out of a job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZCardinalsFan


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 1185
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
From mid season to 2/3 on depth chart?

quite a rise.

but i can see your point, Skelton might have played himself out of a job.


Most likely 3rd but yeah.. I don't see any other reason why they would bring him here mid season besides looking forward to next year. Unless he is activated tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13062
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better be comfortable with Hoyer cause if we cut Kolb and don't get the QB we want in the draft we're pretty thin.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, doesnt PatCat become our starting offense?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15464
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be in favour of trading our first three picks for a Quarterback like Freeman or Rivers.


Obviously less if possible but that's what I think they'd take.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZCardinalsFan


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 1185
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I'd be in favour of trading our first three picks for a Quarterback like Freeman or Rivers.


Obviously less if possible but that's what I think they'd take.


No not 3 firsts for Rivers, Id give a 1st and 3rd for him in a heart beat though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15464
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
x0x wrote:
I'd be in favour of trading our first three picks for a Quarterback like Freeman or Rivers.


Obviously less if possible but that's what I think they'd take.


No not 3 firsts for Rivers, Id give a 1st and 3rd for him in a heart beat though.


I mean first, second and third rounders.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd this year and conditional 1st next year, or 2nd next year.

he is 31 after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4239
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why Rivers keeps coming up in trade talk among Cards fans? I don't see any logical reason why the Chargers would get rid of him. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.
_________________
Favorite 2015 Prospects: Tyler Lockett WR, Tevin Coleman RB, Laken Tomlinson OG, Shaq Thompson LB, Hau'oli Kikaha DE/OLB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My Source: QB Search Will "Exhaust All Resources&am Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
My buddy were talking a little yesterday and a short conversation turned into a longer one, with the main point covering 1 topic: The Quarterback position. According to my buddy, Mike Bidwill still has not decided on what changes (If any) will be made to the front office or the coaching staff but he has instructed Steve Keim (Which my buddy agreed seems to suggest that Keim will be a major part of this team in 2013) to quote "exhaust all resources" in the scouting of 2013 draft eligible players. According to my buddy, Keim has since re-routed damn near every single scout in our department outside of their normal scouting regions (Which is actually pretty expensive to do, from what I'm told) to regions featuring bowl games with highly touted QBs. My buddy's overall take: "Mike wants a franchise quarterback and he'll do anything to get one. I'm talking 'trade every pick we have'. He's fed up. Steve got the marching orders, we're going full court press to find a quarterback we like."

Glad Mikey is as fed up as we are. Kenny doesn't seem fed up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny can go home and cry into the millions they are paying him for 2012 and will have to pay him for 2013.

Maybe next year if he survives this year, he will be a little worried.

If i had $5 mil coming my way no mater what, I wouldnt really care either?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13062
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Is there a reason why Rivers keeps coming up in trade talk among Cards fans? I don't see any logical reason why the Chargers would get rid of him. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.


Our season was over in November so we need things to talk about. Laughing
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4239
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Is there a reason why Rivers keeps coming up in trade talk among Cards fans? I don't see any logical reason why the Chargers would get rid of him. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.


Our season was over in November so we need things to talk about. Laughing


As long as people don't actually start to believe he is obtainable that's fine by me.
_________________
Favorite 2015 Prospects: Tyler Lockett WR, Tevin Coleman RB, Laken Tomlinson OG, Shaq Thompson LB, Hau'oli Kikaha DE/OLB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13062
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Is there a reason why Rivers keeps coming up in trade talk among Cards fans? I don't see any logical reason why the Chargers would get rid of him. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.


Our season was over in November so we need things to talk about. Laughing


As long as people don't actually start to believe he is obtainable that's fine by me.


I think he will be but for a King's Ransom. At the rate he's declining I don't think anyone bites.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group