Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
I don't think he's a good fit with Moore and DHB. But that's just me.
a bad team will expose Alex into what he really is. If the team isn't dominant then he can't carry them. Those teams that need QBs aren't dominant teams and they need help. Giving them a guy like Alex won't help them.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Alex, I think he can be a good QB for another team and I wish him all the best. It's apparent that this is kaeps team now.

I will always like Alex but I'm so ready for him to move on so we stop having a new Alex thread every other minute. I'm hoping once he moves on, we can start getting back to talking about other parts of the team. All this debating about him and Kaep have divided this forum and made it less fun to come on here, I know old man feels the same way.

This video sums up the QB arguments perfectly:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-fBrHOsw03o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-fBrHOsw03o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
I know old man feels the same way.

Feel pretty much the same. I was looking forward to Alex being gone at the end of 2010.. assuming he would run from SF before our new HC dragged him back in with all his BS... and then no more Alex or needed talk of him here.

I struggle to see this forum ever being the same as it once was. Them was the salad days. The topic of #11 will likely not go away for a few years... and perhaps the fractured camaraderie even longer if ever. Whatever will be will be... not especially concerned anymore.

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Feel pretty much the same. I was looking forward to Alex being gone at the end of 2010.. assuming he would run from SF before our new HC dragged him back in with all his BS... and then no more Alex or needed talk of him here.

I struggle to see this forum ever being the same as it once was. Them was the salad days. The topic of #11 will likely not go away for a few years... and perhaps the fractured camaraderie even longer if ever. Whatever will be will be... not especially concerned anymore.

Winning cures everything.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
LANiner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Oldman your my boy i always enjoye and enjoyed all the info that you post up in this website you and a couple of guys in here have completely raised my football iq. so thank you and rudy z sorry about the whole canada thing i was kidding theres plenty of good things canada has contributed like whiskey in the prohibition, delicious spy hopper honey brow ale.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:

Oldman your my boy i always enjoye and enjoyed all the info that you post up in this website you and a couple of guys in here have completely raised my football iq. so thank you and rudy z sorry about the whole canada thing i was kidding theres plenty of good things canada has contributed like whiskey in the prohibition, delicious spy hopper honey brow ale.

GO NINERS !!!!

___
Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
sbrown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think alex can go to a bad team and help the team. He is not the type of QB you ask to go out an WIN the game, but if you are building and want to invest into a few Olineman or on the defense and have alex come in and manage the team until you have a strong side of the ball, I think he can work. He is not a top 10 QB maybe closer to 15-18 But I think back to the bears team of 06 as a team that had a dominant run game and defense and went to SB with grossman and Alex can fill that same role

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want Alex, he's gonna have to run his hurry up, no huddle, sling it around kind of offense. I believe it was Crabtree's rookie year that he "somewhat" succeeded in doing so. I member because it was Crabs' first start and Alex came in at the half in relief of Shaun Hill. He threw 3 TDs and we only lost by 4, I think. Sure, he'll throw some picks, but he also looked nice just playing backyard football. He can do it, he just needs to believe in himself and his receivers. I wish him the best, nothing but respect to #11. Class act and has not complained about being on the bench.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a swap of 1st round picks be enough to get Alex Smith & Alex Boone?

IE Cleveland's 2012 1st rounder for San Fransisco's 1st rounder plus Alex Smith and Alex Boone?

I figure that Cleveland's pick will be around 5th-7th overall with San Fransisco's being 28-32 (Good Luck on your Play Off run Btw)

The reason I am asking as it looks like another coaching regime change in Cleveland with a possible GM change as well.

So the new folks may no want to go Forward with the QB's on the roster.

Thoughts?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

IE Cleveland's 2012 1st rounder for San Fransisco's 1st rounder plus Alex Smith and Alex Boone?

I figure that Cleveland's pick will be around 5th-7th overall with San Fransisco's being 28-32 (Good Luck on your Play Off run Btw)

The reason I am asking as it looks like another coaching regime change in Cleveland with a possible GM change as well.

Thoughts?

I don't see why we'd want to trade Boone, to be honest. He's playing near probowl-caliber football and has a very cheap contract (that he signed while he was a back-up last year). In my opinion, Boone (and his contract) alone would almost be worthy of the pic swap. I think a straight up trade of Alex for a 2nd rounder would be more likely, if you guys really think it's worth it. Some other guys would tell you not to bother because he will be released, but that's ridiculous to imagine, really. His price won't be determined by his talent or positional worth, but by the trade market. If there are two teams who want him, one team will have to offer more than the other. If there are 3 or more, that offer should increase again. But seconds and firsts might be too high.

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland has a lot of needs and I highly doubt they give up a high second for Smith when they can fill a need.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Cleveland has a lot of needs and I highly doubt they give up a high second for Smith when they can fill a need.

I think they don't have a second anyway. Josh Gordon.

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I think they don't have a second anyway. Josh Gordon.
I think you're right. It might be a third but either way, one of these bottom feeders will not give up a high pick when they have needs.

"Keep choppin' wood"
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Thoughts?

I don't see why we'd want to trade Boone, to be honest. He's playing near probowl-caliber football and has a very cheap contract (that he signed while he was a back-up last year). In my opinion, Boone (and his contract) alone would almost be worthy of the pic swap. I think a straight up trade of Alex for a 2nd rounder would be more likely, if you guys really think it's worth it. Some other guys would tell you not to bother because he will be released, but that's ridiculous to imagine, really. His price won't be determined by his talent or positional worth, but by the trade market. If there are two teams who want him, one team will have to offer more than the other. If there are 3 or more, that offer should increase again. But seconds and firsts might be too high.

I just the thought the trade UP value of the swapped picks would be big enough to grad both. That and the idea of adding someone truely frighting opposite A.Smith like D.Moore D.Jordon or B.Werner would be very attractive JMOT.

And as stated Cleveland already spent it's 2013 2nd rounder this summer on WR Josh Gordon.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: