Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the What's Frazier Done Right thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Frazier as being in a Tom Coughlin type situation. From one year to the next, his teams are going to be kind of up and down. I don't think Frazier's offense and defense are conducive to 14-2 or 15-1 seasons. I think he'll spend several years bouncing between 8 and 12 wins a season, but his teams will be dangerous in the playoffs, and may make some deep runs. Also like the Giants, I think our offense will bounce around the standings.

He'll frustrate the fans and the media, and they will alternately sing his praises and call for his head. I don't think we'll ever see Frazier run a New England or Green Bay offense, therefore, I think he'll always be seen as less of a coach than he actually is.

This was a 3-13 team last year. This year it finished one game out of a Division Crown and PLAYED its way into a playoff berth. I think Frazier deserves an extension. I also think the Vikes will be smart enough to sign him to a contract that isn't cost prohibitive if they do end up firing him at some point.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 4th and 1 early took guts.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

I can think of one Vikings fan who loved it...

I'm looking at you PCP
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I'm looking at you PCP

That was the right thing to do when you have the best runner in the league, a fairly well-playing OL and your opponent is a pass-happy team that scores on most drives after adjusting to your defence at halftime. It is a bit of a gamble. But, if you can't make 1 yard when you really need it, you don't deserve to make the playoffs. And what kind of message does that send to your team? It says you have way too little confidence in your offence. It take the momentum and edge away from your team, and gives them to the opponent. That puts you in a hole, from which you must dig out.

Winners go for it and make it. Losers go for it and fail to make it, or they punt it away and pray they can stop the opponents other drives.

I love to see The Vikings starting to play like a winner, after most recent years of playing like a loser, or, at least an also-ran. I want them to play with the confidence of the Packers, Cowboys and Patriots' Dynasty teams.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I was yelling for the punt there.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I love the character the team has developed under Frazier. We have a few physical guys and you never see our guys taking cheap shots or showboating. When we are losing, are guys (aside from Harvin) remain calm and continue to fight.

Frazier has sold the players on what he wants to do. They bought in and now we are seeing the profits.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been alot of progression with Frazier thru this year.
At the beginning of the year it honestly looked like he was coasting.

Now regardless of "who" is actually coming up with the game plans, they have been spot on and happening under his watch.
He is also out there working the refs and demanding respect on the field.
He is doing a good job thus far in these important games managing the clock, managing his player personel, managing big plays and managing the timeouts. Even the practices (from what we hear) are going much better.
He is doing alot of good things right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier has done a great job this year. I like the new, more aggressive, Frazier we saw the last few weeks a lot more than the conservative one from earlier this year. I hope this is a permanent change. And yes, I loved the 4th and 1 call. Punts are turnovers....
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Or just have it be a penalty and then go ahead and review the play.

as long as the call gets corrected, that is what matters in the end.

While yes, that's what matters in the end, I still think calling it a TD was not correct. In my view, he was down at the half-foot line. That wasn't a TD. They should have retained the ball, but it should have been at the 15 1/2 yd line (after the penalty was enforced).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Or just have it be a penalty and then go ahead and review the play.

as long as the call gets corrected, that is what matters in the end.

While yes, that's what matters in the end, I still think calling it a TD was not correct. In my view, he was down at the half-foot line. That wasn't a TD. They should have retained the ball, but it should have been at the 15 1/2 yd line (after the penalty was enforced).

Exactly! His right knee touched the turf while he was reaching his hand forward, but just before the ball crossed the goal line. The Packers should have gotten the ball at the 15 yard line. I can't believe that the judges saw the slow motion and did not rule correctly. The time sequence is very clear.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran Tarkenton: "The Green Bay game was a classic edition of one of the great rivalries in football, and the Vikings played a great game. A lot of credit should go to perhaps the most unsung coach in the league: Leslie Frazier. With so many celebrity coaches out there, he is a welcome change of pace, a coach who makes it all about the team and not about himself. He is a quiet, unassuming leader-by-example, not a brash showman. His leadership played a big role in the team's performance Sunday."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22296629/fran-tarkenton-vikings-super-bowl-each-nfc-team

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
"With so many celebrity coaches out there, he is a welcome change of pace, a coach who makes it all about the team and not about himself. He is a quiet, unassuming leader-by-example, not a brash showman."

Old Man Fran gets it.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I'm looking at you PCP

Even more important was the 4th and something against SF in September. Set the tone for the whole season.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for Pagano/Arians, I'd say Leslie Frazier should be in the running for Coach of the Year.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
If it wasn't for Pagano/Arians, I'd say Leslie Frazier should be in the running for Coach of the Year.

He'll still be in the running. But, like almost everyone, I expect that he'll finish #2 behind Pagano/Arians.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: