Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the What's Frazier Done Right thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with PCP, I want to see that this year isn't a fluke.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
I want to see that this year isn't a fluke.

i'm not seeing the similarity. but wait a minute, maybe...

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Gordon Bombay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I don't feel like can be debated is how much the players respect Frazier. They like playing for him and they just genuinely like him. And to me what's great is it's not like Frazier is a players coach in the way Mike Tice was. He's not buddy buddy with them. They just respect him. That's just how I've taken various interactions I've seen between players and coach Frazier.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon Bombay wrote:
One thing I don't feel like can be debated is how much the players respect Frazier. They like playing for him and they just genuinely like him. And to me what's great is it's not like Frazier is a players coach in the way Mike Tice was. He's not buddy buddy with them. They just respect him. That's just how I've taken various interactions I've seen between players and coach Frazier.

Yep, I get this to. Night and day contrast from Childress to Frazier but no to the extreme of Tice, who really was not respected given how often his team was struggling off the field. Tice reminds me of Schwartz in Detroit. Ultimately players coach who gets completely walked over by everyone.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mike Mularky is fired in Jacksonville, any chance that Musgrave is "demoted" to QB coach and Mularky is hired as the OC? Much in the same way that Pagac went back to coaching linebackers and Williams was brought in as DC.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier had a moment in the GB game where he was actually animated!

what was that over, McCarthy throwing a challenge flag on an automatically reviewed play?

why was Frazier worked up over that so much?

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it cost the Vikings the ball. In throwing the challenge flag Mike McCarthy should have forfeited his right to have the play challenged automatically due to turnover.

It was the same situation in the Lions v Texans game on Thanksgiving. The ruling on the field in that game was a score, Schwartz threw his challenge flag, and, despite the receiver clearly being down, the play was not challenged despite being a score because he violated the rule of throwing a challenge flag on a play that is automatically reviewed.

Had the refs called it the same way as it was in that game it would have been the Vikings ball at the 20 yard line; instead, it was a Packer touchdown.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Because it cost the Vikings the ball. In throwing the challenge flag Mike McCarthy should have forfeited his right to have the play challenged automatically due to turnover.

It was the same situation in the Lions v Texans game on Thanksgiving. The ruling on the field in that game was a score, Schwartz threw his challenge flag, and, despite the receiver clearly being down, the play was not challenged despite being a score because he violated the rule of throwing a challenge flag on a play that is automatically reviewed.

Had the refs called it the same way as it was in that game it would have been the Vikings ball at the 20 yard line; instead, it was a Packer touchdown.

I think that since the refs already were reviewing it before McCarthy threw the flag, they let it go. In the Lions game, I think Schwartz threw it immediately before the officials had a chance.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know why it wasn't done the same way; I just don't agree with that rule. It shouldn't matter if the play is already under review. In fact, I think that should be punished more severely as it's unsportsmanlike.

I was also just explaining why Frazier was so heated.

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad there isn't a penalty for a player picking up a thrown challenge flag, as Jordy Nelson did.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier getting the team to the playoffs in his second full year as head coach, that is pretty damn impressive.
VikeSince70

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I think that since the refs already were reviewing it before McCarthy threw the flag, they let it go. In the Lions game, I think Schwartz threw it immediately before the officials had a chance.

McCarthy threw the red flag almost immediatly after the call was made it was a turnover here is the rub. Jordy Nelson picked up the red flag and hid it under his shirt !! I beleive the Packers got away with something there ! Now was the call gotten right - yes but I still beleive that red flag should of been the same rule as the Lions game, I will also go further in that there should be an unsportsman conduct flag on Jordy Nelson in picking up the red flag and hiding it!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one, think the rule needs to be changed.

If a coach wants to throw a flag, when it would get automatically reviewed. let them, just make them use a timeout and a challenge to do so.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just have it be a penalty and then go ahead and review the play.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Or just have it be a penalty and then go ahead and review the play.

as long as the call gets corrected, that is what matters in the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: