Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the What's Frazier Done Right thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calipurple

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A contract extension is likely coming for Frazier with his contract set to expire after next season.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulgad_Leslie_Fraziers_consistency_helps_make_him_a_hit_with_players122512

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Are suggesting Pagano wins COY or the interim guy?

The interim guy. Suppose I should've clarified that Smile

I don't think an interim coach has ever won that award.

That'd be hard to do since the coach of record in all these games is Pagano, not Arians.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
No. I want an offensive coordinator who isn't afraid to run up the score. I want an offensive coordinator who doesn't go into "run the clock out" mode once he gets a 3 point lead.

That's actually Frazier's call, not Musgrave's.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

The interim guy. Suppose I should've clarified that :)

That'd be hard to do since the coach of record in all these games is Pagano, not Arians.

I read somewhere that the two would share the award, not sure how that works but it makes the most sense. Arians definitely coached himself into some head coaching interviews this offseason and Pagano looks to be an excellent motivator
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
Klomp wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

The interim guy. Suppose I should've clarified that Smile

I read somewhere that the two would share the award, not sure how that works but it makes the most sense. Arians definitely coached himself into some head coaching interviews this offseason and Pagano looks to be an excellent motivator

I just don't see any scenario where Arians doesn't somehow get the award. To give it to someone else on a technicality would be a bit of a travesty. Pagano may be the coach of record, but he was not the guy out there on game day.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a big one...

When asked how the Vikings approached Peterson to inform him of their decision to sign Felton, Frazier said:

"We actually explained to him where his best runs were coming from and the proof is in the pudding. All you've got to do is put the tape on. Some of his best runs were with a guy in front of him. Now, he's had some good runs when there is nobody there as well and even when we haven't blocked the play well he's still had great runs.

"It was consistent that he's had some very good runs with a guy in front of him, going all the way back to Tony Richardson when he was here (during Peterson's rookie season). We looked at all the tape in the offseason and we realized that that would help our football team, help our run game. We made the decision to get Jerome in here."

http://www.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire.php?sPL=notebook_thankless_job_earns_jerome_felton_spot_in_pro_bowl122712

Is it any coincidence that AD's two best seasons have been this one and his rookie season? Can we give Frazier and his staff credit for this, and for not just standing pat because Adrian likes running with no fullback better?

Felton may be one of our most important pending FAs to resign.
Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big Frazier fan. I think Adrian Peterson and some good rookies have bailed him out frankly. I would say the smartest thing he's done is hand the ball to AP but what other choice did he have really?
Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calipurple wrote:
A contract extension is likely coming for Frazier with his contract set to expire after next season.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulgad_Leslie_Fraziers_consistency_helps_make_him_a_hit_with_players122512

He only got a three year contract? Wow, finally a good move on a HC contract. I hope they would just let him walk, as he's done nothing to warrant a new contract (15-22 w/l in three seasons). You could almost throw a dart at a list of coaching candidates and do better than Leslie Frazier. Let's quit aiming low and settling for leftovers for once if we want to win a Super Bowl before we all have grandchildren.
AndyJ1134

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodysuit Man wrote:
calipurple wrote:

He only got a three year contract? Wow, finally a good move on a HC contract. I hope they would just let him walk, as he's done nothing to warrant a new contract (15-22 w/l in three seasons). You could almost throw a dart at a list of coaching candidates and do better than Leslie Frazier. Let's quit aiming low and settling for leftovers for once if we want to win a Super Bowl before we all have grandchildren.

I still have to have children first, let alone grandchildren. So I have some time to suffer just like all you old guys have for so long Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSM: . He deserves a contract extension for at least 2-3 more years. He's done more than enough to not go into next season as a lame duck coach.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
BSM: . He deserves a contract extension for at least 2-3 more years. He's done more than enough to not go into next season as a lame duck coach.

I agree. The players seem to respond to him and like playing for him. What this team needs is some drafts like the one we had last year and some consistency.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has one good year. I'd like to see two before getting an extension. Even Childress had a good year.....
disaacs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
He has one good year. I'd like to see two before getting an extension. Even Childress had a good year.....

But, the difference for Childress is that he had also been coach for 4 years prior to his extension. I'd argue that Frazier has done a better job coaching in 2 1/2 years than Childress did in his 4.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

But, the difference for Childress is that he had also been coach for 4 years prior to his extension. I'd argue that Frazier has done a better job coaching in 2 1/2 years than Childress did in his 4.

He has one good year. The first two were worse than awful. I don't think asking for two good years before committing millions more to him is unreasonable. YMMV.
disaacs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He only coached 6 games in 2010...and won 3 of them, despite their being pure chaos throughout most of that stretch. I don't know how you can say that was "worse than awful." And last year, yes it was bad, but let's not forget that he had a brand new coaching staff and a lockout to deal with. He didn't get the extra practices that most new coaches get.

Now, he's certainly made mistakes, and needs to make some more progress. But let's consider the situations he's been under. Not many coaches would have done better under the same situations.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: