Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the What's Frazier Done Right thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
calipurple


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 233
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A contract extension is likely coming for Frazier with his contract set to expire after next season.



http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulgad_Leslie_Fraziers_consistency_helps_make_him_a_hit_with_players122512
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7313
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Are suggesting Pagano wins COY or the interim guy?


The interim guy. Suppose I should've clarified that Smile

I don't think an interim coach has ever won that award.


That'd be hard to do since the coach of record in all these games is Pagano, not Arians.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
No. I want an offensive coordinator who isn't afraid to run up the score. I want an offensive coordinator who doesn't go into "run the clock out" mode once he gets a 3 point lead.


That's actually Frazier's call, not Musgrave's.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KeystoneViking


Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 129
Location: North Dakota
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Are suggesting Pagano wins COY or the interim guy?


The interim guy. Suppose I should've clarified that :)

I don't think an interim coach has ever won that award.


That'd be hard to do since the coach of record in all these games is Pagano, not Arians.


I read somewhere that the two would share the award, not sure how that works but it makes the most sense. Arians definitely coached himself into some head coaching interviews this offseason and Pagano looks to be an excellent motivator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 6381
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
Klomp wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Are suggesting Pagano wins COY or the interim guy?


The interim guy. Suppose I should've clarified that Smile

I don't think an interim coach has ever won that award.


That'd be hard to do since the coach of record in all these games is Pagano, not Arians.


I read somewhere that the two would share the award, not sure how that works but it makes the most sense. Arians definitely coached himself into some head coaching interviews this offseason and Pagano looks to be an excellent motivator


I just don't see any scenario where Arians doesn't somehow get the award. To give it to someone else on a technicality would be a bit of a travesty. Pagano may be the coach of record, but he was not the guy out there on game day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7313
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a big one...

When asked how the Vikings approached Peterson to inform him of their decision to sign Felton, Frazier said:

"We actually explained to him where his best runs were coming from and the proof is in the pudding. All you've got to do is put the tape on. Some of his best runs were with a guy in front of him. Now, he's had some good runs when there is nobody there as well and even when we haven't blocked the play well he's still had great runs.

"It was consistent that he's had some very good runs with a guy in front of him, going all the way back to Tony Richardson when he was here (during Peterson's rookie season). We looked at all the tape in the offseason and we realized that that would help our football team, help our run game. We made the decision to get Jerome in here."

http://www.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire.php?sPL=notebook_thankless_job_earns_jerome_felton_spot_in_pro_bowl122712

Is it any coincidence that AD's two best seasons have been this one and his rookie season? Can we give Frazier and his staff credit for this, and for not just standing pat because Adrian likes running with no fullback better?

Felton may be one of our most important pending FAs to resign.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bodysuit Man


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 741
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big Frazier fan. I think Adrian Peterson and some good rookies have bailed him out frankly. I would say the smartest thing he's done is hand the ball to AP but what other choice did he have really?
_________________
Confucius Say: To make a long story short, don't tell it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bodysuit Man


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 741
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calipurple wrote:
A contract extension is likely coming for Frazier with his contract set to expire after next season.



http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulgad_Leslie_Fraziers_consistency_helps_make_him_a_hit_with_players122512


He only got a three year contract? Wow, finally a good move on a HC contract. I hope they would just let him walk, as he's done nothing to warrant a new contract (15-22 w/l in three seasons). You could almost throw a dart at a list of coaching candidates and do better than Leslie Frazier. Let's quit aiming low and settling for leftovers for once if we want to win a Super Bowl before we all have grandchildren.
_________________
Confucius Say: To make a long story short, don't tell it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndyJ1134


Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 1375
Location: South Metro
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodysuit Man wrote:
calipurple wrote:
A contract extension is likely coming for Frazier with his contract set to expire after next season.



http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulgad_Leslie_Fraziers_consistency_helps_make_him_a_hit_with_players122512


He only got a three year contract? Wow, finally a good move on a HC contract. I hope they would just let him walk, as he's done nothing to warrant a new contract (15-22 w/l in three seasons). You could almost throw a dart at a list of coaching candidates and do better than Leslie Frazier. Let's quit aiming low and settling for leftovers for once if we want to win a Super Bowl before we all have grandchildren.


I still have to have children first, let alone grandchildren. So I have some time to suffer just like all you old guys have for so long Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSM: . He deserves a contract extension for at least 2-3 more years. He's done more than enough to not go into next season as a lame duck coach.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
BSM: . He deserves a contract extension for at least 2-3 more years. He's done more than enough to not go into next season as a lame duck coach.


I agree. The players seem to respond to him and like playing for him. What this team needs is some drafts like the one we had last year and some consistency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 9327
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has one good year. I'd like to see two before getting an extension. Even Childress had a good year.....
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
He has one good year. I'd like to see two before getting an extension. Even Childress had a good year.....


But, the difference for Childress is that he had also been coach for 4 years prior to his extension. I'd argue that Frazier has done a better job coaching in 2 1/2 years than Childress did in his 4.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 9327
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
He has one good year. I'd like to see two before getting an extension. Even Childress had a good year.....


But, the difference for Childress is that he had also been coach for 4 years prior to his extension. I'd argue that Frazier has done a better job coaching in 2 1/2 years than Childress did in his 4.


He has one good year. The first two were worse than awful. I don't think asking for two good years before committing millions more to him is unreasonable. YMMV.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He only coached 6 games in 2010...and won 3 of them, despite their being pure chaos throughout most of that stretch. I don't know how you can say that was "worse than awful." And last year, yes it was bad, but let's not forget that he had a brand new coaching staff and a lockout to deal with. He didn't get the extra practices that most new coaches get.

Now, he's certainly made mistakes, and needs to make some more progress. But let's consider the situations he's been under. Not many coaches would have done better under the same situations.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group