Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make your prediction for our 2013 starting defensive lineup:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Hankins just doesn't have that explosive first step that pass rushers need and he doesn't use his hands well at all. He gets by on strength and athleticism alone, players like that tend to fail. I don't like Hankins at all.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Yeah, Hankins just doesn't have that explosive first step that pass rushers need and he doesn't use his hands well at all. He gets by on strength and athleticism alone, players like that tend to fail. I don't like Hankins at all.

We see Hankins in the same mold... Personally I feel we should stay away from 1st round DT's to be honest. The only one I'd consider would be Lotulelei but that's me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

We see Hankins in the same mold... Personally I feel we should stay away from 1st round DT's to be honest. The only one I'd consider would be Lotulelei but that's me.

Agreed. I would LOVE for Star to fall to us. That would make me a very happy man.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Agreed. I would LOVE for Star to fall to us. That would make me a very happy man.

Prospects I'd be EXTREMLY happy landing in round 1...

Jarvis Jones
Star Lotulelei
Ziggy Ansah
Dee Milliner
Jake Matthews

I think any of these will be multi pro-bowlers and I'd love having just one of'em.

Ansah will take time but dude is next JPP

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we end up with the 16th overall pick, My top 15 currently looks like this...

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Luke Jockel
3. Star Lotulelei
4. Manti Teo
5. Chance Warmack
6. Dee Milliner
7. Ziggy Ansah
8. Jake Matthews
9. Demontre Moore
10. Sheldon Richardson
11. Barkevious Mingo
12. Bjoern Werner
13. Tylor Lewan
14. Geno Smith
15. Sam Montgomery

A little out of the norm I know but it's early...

Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be upset if we draft Teo. The guy is Curtis Lofton 2.0 IMO plus he's strictly a MLB, and we're set there with Lofton

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I'll be upset if we draft Teo. The guy is Curtis Lofton 2.0 IMO plus he's strictly a MLB, and we're set there with Lofton

Totally agree!

Sure he could play SAM but that position isn't worth such a high pick unless its a dynamic pass rusher like Jarvis Jones.

I think Matthews will be a monster at tackle and will ultimately turn out to be the best tackle in this draft. Ansah is a FREAK athlete who in time will be a nightmare 43 pass rusher. Jones can be just as impactful to an NFL game as Von Miller and Aldon Smith in my opinion while Dee Milliner is Joe Haden 2.0!

Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want is a freak pass rusher, give me that and I'll be a happy little Saints fan this off-season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
All I want is a freak pass rusher, give me that and I'll be a happy little Saints fan this off-season.

Ok... how about this,

Say WIll Smith agrees to a massive pay cut and restructures his deal. Comes back as our RDE. Saints resign Bushrod to a team friendly deal and Mickey gets the cap number down.

Would you be cool with the Saints trading away our 2014 1st round pick if it ment we'd move up and select Jarvis Jones?

Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Ok... how about this,

Say WIll Smith agrees to a massive pay cut and restructures his deal. Comes back as our RDE. Saints resign Bushrod to a team friendly deal and Mickey gets the cap number down.

Would you be cool with the Saints trading away our 2014 1st round pick if it ment we'd move up and select Jarvis Jones?

Depends on what the medical staff says. His spinal injury potentially could only leave him with a 6-8 year NFL career at most, if it is that big of a problem I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd or 3rd round, even with his talent.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Ok... how about this,

Depends on what the medical staff says. His spinal injury potentially could only leave him with a 6-8 year NFL career at most, if it is that big of a problem I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd or 3rd round, even with his talent.

I was thinking the same thing but I see it as this... Yes he has questions surrounding his LONG-TERM health and that could cause him to fall sy between the 6-10 range. I see the Saints picking at either 15 or 16. Jones still is the most dynamic pass rusher and impact defensive player in this draft. He could start day one at SAM for us and have a Von Miller type impact. Even if he's career shelf is say 5-6 years, That is right in line for the remainder of Drew Brees career. At least we give Drew a defensive playmaker throughout the rest of his time here and we chase another championship with the last years we have in Drew.

wow_junky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here we go:

Firstly, draft picks:

Round 1 - Ziggy Ansah, DE
Round 3 - Sean Porter, OLB
Round 4 - Ricky Wagner, OT
Round 5 - Sio Moore, OLB
Round 6 - Lavar Edwards, DE
Round 7 - Tyrann Mathieu, CB

I don't think we make any splashes in free agency, picking up a few backups and possibly a decent tackle. OUr biggest move will be locking up Jimmy Graham long term.

So on to the defensive line up for 2013...

LDE - Cam Jordan
DT - Akiem Hicks
DT - Broderick Bunkley
RDE - Ziggy Ansah (*rookie)

WLB - Chris Chamberlain
MLB - Curtis Lofton
OLB - Sean Porter (*rookie)

FS - Rafael Bush
SS - Roman Harper

CB - Patrick Robinson
CB - Tyrann Mathieu (*rookie)
Porter22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, you would start bush instead of Quddus??

The only big free agency signing I could see, would be kenny philips as a safety. We could trade Harper for a mid round pick and Philips would be perfect for Spags system!
wow_junky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:

The only big free agency signing I could see, would be kenny philips as a safety. We could trade Harper for a mid round pick and Philips would be perfect for Spags system!

Well, the FS spot should read "anyone but Jenkins"!

Harper isn't worth trading, he is a good enough starting SS and has been no worse than any of our other DBs in coverage this year
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

Well, the FS spot should read "anyone but Jenkins"!

Harper isn't worth trading, he is a good enough starting SS and has been no worse than any of our other DBs in coverage this year

Raves put it nicely in a different thread when he said Harper is a great red zone SS. Between the 20's he's a liability... period...point blank. I could definately see Harper parting ways and Kenny Phillips get signed. I'd start grooming Corey White for FS too. Although Spags may like him better at corner.

^NS922 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: