Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make your prediction for our 2013 starting defensive lineup:
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Make your prediction for our 2013 starting defensive lineup: Reply with quote

Here's my best shot...

LDE: Cameron Jordan
Young stud base end will look to continue his solid play in 2013.

NT: Broderick Bunkley
Big money free agent in 2012 will finally pay off becoming a rock in run defense in 2013.

DT: Akiem Hicks
This 2012 draft steal will make the NFL take notice in 2013 as he becomes one of the league’s most disruptive interior playmakers.

RDE: Sam Montgomery
The Saints 2013 1st round draft pick will look to prove his doubters wrong as he takes over for long time Saint Will Smith in 2013.

SLB: Chris Chamberlin
Underrated 2012 free agent pick up will earn a starting job in training camp and become a solid contributor in 2013.

MLB: Curtis Lofton
The crown jewel of our 2012 free agent coup will take over as the unquestioned leader of Spags defense with Vilma and Smith gone and continue his tackling ways.

WLB: David Hawthorne
Another undervalued 2012 free agent pick up, Hawthorne will finally switch over to the position he signed with the Saints to play and he’ll quickly make fans forget about his subpar play in 2012.

CB: Patrick Robinson
The ultra-talented corner finally realizes his full potential as he develops into one of the league’s best young corners in 2013 under Spags.

FS: Malcolm Jenkins
Jenkins enters 2013 as a make or break year and makes the most of it by earning his 1st probowl invite.

SS: Isa Abdul-Quddus
The playmaking Quddus makes the high priced Harper expendable this offseason and proves the Saints brass right in 2013 by delivering a solid season as a starter opposite Jenkins.

CB: Cary Williams
The Saints prize 2013 free agent from Baltimore becomes a dependable starter for the black and gold and allows Jabari Greer to play in the slot giving the Saints great depth at the position.

Who ya got?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE - Cameron Jordan and Damontre Moore
DT - Akiem Hicks and Brodrick Bunkley

SLB - Chris Chamberlain
MLB - Curtis Lofton
WLB - David Hawthorne

CB - Patrick Robinson and Jabari Greer
SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
FS - Malcolm Jenkins

Unfortunately, I don't see Jenkins going anywhere but him making a Pro Bowl is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, are people aware that his coverage statistically got worse this year? Laughing Malcolm Jenkins is laughably bad

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

SLB - Chris Chamberlain
MLB - Curtis Lofton
WLB - David Hawthorne

SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
FS - Malcolm Jenkins

Unfortunately, I don't see Jenkins going anywhere but him making a Pro Bowl is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, are people aware that his coverage statistically got worse this year? Laughing Malcolm Jenkins is laughably bad

Jenkins to me is going one or two ways in 2013... bust and simply released or he finally turns the corner. I guess I'm simply hoping the latter happens but it wouldent surprise me if R. Bush is starting by seasons end.

Also, If the Saints do target a starting corner in FA Albert Mack could make Greer expendable.

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

SLB - Chris Chamberlain
MLB - Curtis Lofton
WLB - David Hawthorne

SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
FS - Malcolm Jenkins

Jenkins to me is going one or two ways in 2013... bust and simply released or he finally turns the corner. I guess I'm simply hoping the latter happens but it wouldent surprise me if R. Bush is starting by seasons end.

Also, If the Saints do target a starting corner in FA Albert Mack could make Greer expendable.

I don't see anything to make me believe Jenkins is randomly going to figure things out. He's been a massive bust, but I can definitely see Greer getting cut or demoted, I just don't see us spending a lot of cash this off-season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

SLB - Chris Chamberlain
MLB - Curtis Lofton
WLB - David Hawthorne

SS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
FS - Malcolm Jenkins

Truth be told... I realize we need to land a starting RDE with our 1st pick but Harp, How nice would it be to move back up and land Elam in the late 1st or early 2nd! Laughing

DE - Jordan & Moore
DT - Bunkley & Hicks

LB - Chamberlin, Lofton & Hawthorne

S - Quddus & Elam

CB - Robinson & Greer

Shocked

Maybe trade Jenkins for a 2nd rounder... other teams may still see the potential in him and take a shot.

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get Elam as well. That'd be a hell of a haul in one draft, I'm not sure we have the ammo for it though.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harp,

In terms of draft picks what do you think we could realistically snag for the following players...

Chris Ivory
Mark Ingram
Jabari Greer
Roman Harper
Malcolm Jenkins
Brodrick Bunkley

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harp,

In terms of draft picks what do you think we could realistically snag for the following players...

Chris Ivory
Mark Ingram
Jabari Greer
Roman Harper
Malcolm Jenkins
Brodrick Bunkley

Realistically?
Chris Ivory - 4th
Mark Ingram - 4th
Jabari Greer - 5th
Roman Harper - 5th
Malcolm Jenkins - 5th
Brodrick Bunkley - 7th

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harp,

Chris Ivory
Mark Ingram
Jabari Greer
Roman Harper
Malcolm Jenkins
Brodrick Bunkley

Realistically?
Chris Ivory - 4th
Mark Ingram - 4th
Jabari Greer - 5th
Roman Harper - 5th
Malcolm Jenkins - 5th
Brodrick Bunkley - 7th

God bless Drew Brees! Wink

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say we used our 1st rounder on a young RDE.

Would you be willing to trade our 2013 3rd & 2014 1st round picks for a 2013 high 2nd rounder?

If so, which players would have to be available realistically for you to consider it?

Raves

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harp,

Chris Ivory
Mark Ingram
Jabari Greer
Roman Harper
Malcolm Jenkins
Brodrick Bunkley

Realistically?
Chris Ivory - 4th
Mark Ingram - 4th
Jabari Greer - 5th
Roman Harper - 5th
Malcolm Jenkins - 5th
Brodrick Bunkley - 7th

I could realistically see both Ivory and Harper be on the move...

LDE-Cameron Jordan
-Looking a lot better this year, 8 sacks so far and constant pressure, also 4th on the team in tackles, behind Lofton, Harper, and Jenkins.

LDT-Jonathan Hankins
Some have him dropping due to a lack of production at the end of the year due to receiving double and triple teams. Hankins can stuff the run and also provide ridiculous pressure up the middle.

RDT-Akiem Hicks
He takes the spot that Ellis was holding when they don't offer him a new contract, at least not a starters contract if they do. Hicks+Hankins in the middle will be what Suh/Fairley was supposed to be, but better IMO

RDE-Junior Galette/Martez Wilson
Both have been great this season creating pressure, getting sacks, and making plays. I think Will Smith is gone this offseason and they split time at the position.

WLB-David Hawthorne
MLB-Curtis Lofton
SLB-Chris Chamberlain

CB-Patrick Robinson
Starting coming around, becoming a true playmaker in Spags defense as the pressure got better, Robinson should have a standout year coming up.

FS-Malcolm Jenkins
Jenkins has had a few setbacks but he's got the potential, make or break year as Spags loves what he offers, but if he doesn't make it expect this to be Quddus soon.

SS-Kenny Phillips
Phillips was hand picked by Spags to be his SS for the Giants, truthfully I think him and Jenkins have a lot of similar skillsets so I think working together Jenkins can learn what is expected and Phillips will be able to prove he's over his knee injury.

CB-Desmond Trufant
Trufant established himself as a shutdown corner with teams in the PAC-12 throwing away from him as he had such good coverage on his man, will fit in well with Spags defense with good size and speed.

*used 3rd, 4th, and 5th from Ivory and Harper trades to move up and draft Trufant.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Raves

I understand Hankins is your guy but man, I just don't see the dominate interior player in him. Yeah he can stuff the run and clog up space but so can Jesse Williams and Jon Jenkins. With Bunkley likely not going nowhere and Smith on his way out I just don't see the Saints drafting anything but a RDE this year in round 1. Wilson and Galette are good rotational pass rushers but are liabilities in the run game.

I honestly feel the Saints will target a starting RDE who is capable in both the run and pass game.

Demontre Moore
Sam Montgomery
Bjoern Werner
Alex Okafor

All seem like good fits, if they did go DT I see it more as a disruptive interior pass rusher like Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams or they very well could go OT if Matthews, Joeckel or Lewan falls to them or if they fall in love with Fisher.

I just don't see a one trick pony run stuffer high on the need list for Spags...

Raves

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
T-Raves

I understand Hankins is your guy but man, I just don't see the dominate interior player in him. Yeah he can stuff the run and clog up space but so can Jesse Williams and Jon Jenkins. With Bunkley likely not going nowhere and Smith on his way out I just don't see the Saints drafting anything but a RDE this year in round 1. Wilson and Galette are good rotational pass rushers but are liabilities in the run game.

I honestly feel the Saints will target a starting RDE who is capable in both the run and pass game.

Demontre Moore
Sam Montgomery
Bjoern Werner
Alex Okafor

All seem like good fits, if they did go DT I see it more as a disruptive interior pass rusher like Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams or they very well could go OT if Matthews, Joeckel or Lewan falls to them or if they fall in love with Fisher.

I just don't see a one trick pony run stuffer high on the need list for Spags...

Hankins can also rush the passer, he does that better than clogging space. If you look near the end of the year he was getting double and triple teamed keeping his sack/pressures down, everyone else improved.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
T-Raves

Demontre Moore
Sam Montgomery
Bjoern Werner
Alex Okafor

Hankins can also rush the passer, he does that better than clogging space. If you look near the end of the year he was getting double and triple teamed keeping his sack/pressures down, everyone else improved.

Sorry man, I just don't see an explosive player in Hankins...

I do feel he's a good player but maybe better suited as a 34 NT like BJ Raji in Green Bay. We need more explosive players up front in my opinion but hey... if the Saints feel Hank is the BPA when they pick then Im all for it.

Kinda sick of 1st round DT's to be honest with ya though...

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of players that could slip in the draft...

I honestly feel Barkevious Mingo could play SAM linebacker in Spags scheme. While also giving us another pass rusher in passing situations and could pair with Tez as the outside backers in our 34 looks.

PS: Ziggy Ansah of BYU is screaming up my board as well!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: