Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you take this trade?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COCO21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Would you take this trade? Reply with quote

The 3rd pick overall, a 4th and Jeremy Maclin for both of your 1st round pick which would the 16th and 22nd
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

^El Ramster^
Hoj398

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. We'd be getting ripped off.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesnt even deserve a response.

Wouldnt even do it for one.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that ripping us off? The third overall pick, a solid veteran receiver, and a high fourth round pick? It's a good starting point, move that fourth up to a third, and I'd take that deal. Remember guys, the value at the top of the draft has skyrocketed since the rookie wage scale.

We could very well move down, pick up an extra second (maybe a fourth as well) and still have a top 10 pick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
How is that ripping us off? The third overall pick, a solid veteran receiver, and a high fourth round pick? It's a good starting point, move that fourth up to a third, and I'd take that deal. Remember guys, the value at the top of the draft has skyrocketed since the rookie wage scale.

We could very well move down, pick up an extra second (maybe a fourth as well) and still have a top 10 pick.

Because Maclin is injury prone, he isn't a #1 WR IMO. We'd still have a hole at LG, RT, and WR.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Hasnt he had concussion issues? he isn't a #1 WR IMO. We'd still have a hole at LG, RT, and WR.
COCO21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Our 3rd overall pick and a 5th to the Rams for their 16th pick, second round pick and a 4th round pick ?
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COCO21 wrote:
what about Our 3rd overall pick and a 5th to the Rams for their 16th pick, second round pick and a 4th round pick ?

While that trade isn't too one-sided (I still think the Eagles have a slightly better deal), there is no player that I would want to trade up for. If an elite receiver prospect was available then I'd be more for it. Though at this point I am happy with our draft situation.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
COCO21 wrote:

While that trade isn't too one-sided (I still think the Eagles have a slightly better deal), there is no player that I would want to trade up for. If an elite receiver prospect was available then I'd be more for it. Though at this point I am happy with our draft situation.

My thoughts exactly.

The reason you want to trade down is the exact reason we dont want to trade up. There is no elite talent in this class, not even the likes of Joeckel.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused as to why no one would do this. We get a veteran receiver who's a playmaker, something we've all been craving for, and we get the 3rd overall pick in the draft which we would probably have a lot of options with as far as trading down goes.

I mean it would probably take 16 and 22 just to trade up to 3rd overall, AND we get a low-end #1 wideout and an additional 4th round pick?
Hoj398

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to why no one would do this. We get a veteran receiver who's a playmaker, something we've all been craving for, and we get the 3rd overall pick in the draft which we would probably have a lot of options with as far as trading down goes.

I mean it would probably take 16 and 22 just to trade up to 3rd overall, AND we get a low-end #1 wideout and an additional 4th round pick?

why would we bolster a team that's in our confrence when we can stay put and draft what we need?

by the looks of it, we get Warmack at 16 and either Allen, Hunter, or Williams at 22 or we can trade out #22 for a later first and maybe a 3rd
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

It would make more sense if it was ONE of our firsts.. not both

Welcome to St. Louis Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Alexander, Mason, and Sam
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would take this deal in a heart beat. Maclin could return kicks for us and would be the veteran WR that I've been clamoring for, and despite the opinions of some of my comrades to the contrary, I believe it provides good value.

Don't forget, Jeremy is a native of Kirkwood and would likely be happier here than he has been in Philly.

He'd be the best WR this team has had since Torry Holt.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you take this trade? Reply with quote

COCO21 wrote:
The 3rd pick overall, a 4th and Jeremy Maclin for both of your 1st round pick which would the 16th and 22nd

Obviously, I'm not speaking for the rest of them but yes, I would take that trade.

It's a very fair deal. We get a good #2 WR, a 4th and the #3 pick in the draft for our 2 1sts. In this deal, we don't lose any picks(swapping 2 picks for 2 picks) and we managed to pick up a proven contributor at WR.

It's more than worth it to me.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: