Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what about Michael Vick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in love already^^^ Laughing

Jamison.'s Gallery
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

lol Wow, already?

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Moore or Jason Campbell. Then draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. If someone like Glennon is there in the first and you feel that he could be your franchise QB, you take him.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Matt Moore or Jason Campbell. Then draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. If someone like Glennon is there in the first and you feel that he could be your franchise QB, you take him.
Campbell is horrible. Completely washed up.

Jamison.'s Gallery
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Campbell is horrible. Completely washed up.
The last time he started, he put up an 84.5 QB rating and a 13/8 TD:INT ratio. Great? No. But is anyone anticipating the guy as being the starter on the team? Absolutely not. Just a vet to bring in if our young guys aren't producing. Still an upgrade to Sanchez and very cheap.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean what's the worst thing that could happen by moving Vick to the largest media market in North America?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:

Come on Jamison your better than that lol...you think tebow was a circus? You think it would be a great move, but it would just prolong the embarrassment.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

Come on Jamison your better than that lol...you think tebow was a circus? You think it would be a great move, but it would just prolong the embarrassment.
You are crazy if you're telling me the Vick would be a bigger circus than Tebow.

Prolong what embarrassment? I'd love to know who you think would be a better starting QB on this team next year.

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

You are crazy if you're telling me the Vick would be a bigger circus than Tebow.

Prolong what embarrassment? I'd love to know who you think would be a better starting QB on this team next year.

WE ARE NOT CONTENDERS. This team needs to rebuild. You want a rookie QB learning from Mike Vick?! And yes...going from this years fiasco to Michael Vick would further prolong the media attention and the circus that is the NYJ. I would much rather clean house and stay under the radar until were the real deal again. Michael Vick isn't making us much better than we are now plus hes a monumental risk due to injury. Hes played a full season once in his career.

Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

WE ARE NOT CONTENDERS. This team needs to rebuild. You want a rookie QB learning from Mike Vick?! And yes...going from this years fiasco to Michael Vick would further prolong the media attention and the circus that is the NYJ. I would much rather clean house and stay under the radar until were the real deal again. Michael Vick isn't making us much better than we are now plus hes a monumental risk due to injury. Hes played a full season once in his career.

Actually, we could very easily become contenders. The NFL is a league where you can stink one year and the next year be in the playoffs. Did you think we were contenders the year after Mangini got fired? I'd bet you didn't. We are set on the defensive side of the pall. With or without a stud pass rusher.

The media attention will never stop. We play in New York. No matter who our QB is, we will have a lot of attention. Especially if Rex Ryan is our head coach. Let's be serious, the New York Jets will never stay under the radar. Matt Schaub "learned" under Mike Vick, would you say he turned out bad? Mike Vick is an extremely hard worker and I'd love for a rookie to come in and see how Vick prepares. Ask any player on the Eagles. They'll tell you he's a competitor who is one of the hardest workers on the team.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with "cleaning house", look at the Rams. Them "rebuilding" has made them the least competitive team in football in the past 8+ years. Vick is making us better. Much better. If you are going to try and tell me he is barely better than Mark Sanchez you are in denial. Sure, if he's injured for a game or two, throw the rookie in and get some experience. Plus, numbers don't lie: If Vick were to play for the Jets next year, projecting we would have the same exact O-Line starters, that would be the best O-Line Vick has ever played under.

Now back to my question you decided not to answer. Who would be a better option than Michael Vick going into next year?

Jamison.'s Gallery
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Actually, we could very easily become contenders. The NFL is a league where you can stink one year and the next year be in the playoffs. Did you think we were contenders the year after Mangini got fired? I'd bet you didn't. We are set on the defensive side of the pall. With or without a stud pass rusher.

The media attention will never stop. We play in New York. No matter who our QB is, we will have a lot of attention. Especially if Rex Ryan is our head coach. Let's be serious, the New York Jets will never stay under the radar. Matt Schaub "learned" under Mike Vick, would you say he turned out bad? Mike Vick is an extremely hard worker and I'd love for a rookie to come in and see how Vick prepares. Ask any player on the Eagles. They'll tell you he's a competitor who is one of the hardest workers on the team.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with "cleaning house", look at the Rams. Them "rebuilding" has made them the least competitive team in football in the past 8+ years. Vick is making us better. Much better. If you are going to try and tell me he is barely better than Mark Sanchez you are in denial. Sure, if he's injured for a game or two, throw the rookie in and get some experience. Plus, numbers don't lie: If Vick were to play for the Jets next year, projecting we would have the same exact O-Line starters, that would be the best O-Line Vick has ever played under.

Now back to my question you decided not to answer. Who would be a better option than Michael Vick going into next year?

Schaub disagrees
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Schaub disagrees

I'm sure he does, that is when he was a Falcon. He's a completely changed man. Hence why I said,
Quote:
Ask any player on the Eagles. They'll tell you he's a competitor who is one of the hardest workers on the team.

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

I can't refute that theres better options in terms of ceiling, because theres really not, I just dont want him on this team mentoring a rookie.

Although, Holmes, Braylon, Vick, Powell, and a few draft picks and we actually might have an offense. Thing is Vick is going to want a lot of money, and honestly he really hasn't proved hes earned it.

Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

I can't refute that theres better options in terms of ceiling, because theres really not, I just dont want him on this team mentoring a rookie.

Although, Holmes, Braylon, Vick, Powell, and a few draft picks and we actually might have an offense. Thing is Vick is going to want a lot of money, and honestly he really hasn't proved hes earned it.
He doesn't have to mentor a rookie. You really think Farve "mentored" Rodgers? Hell no, Farve hated Rodgers.

Vick is supposed to make 19 Million next year. He will be cut. In free agency, he is probably going to ask for 7-9 Million wherever he signs. I have no problem paying that to a starting QB who has a laser arm, and still has athleticism. Fact of the matter is, there is no better QB option out there for the Jets and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

He doesn't have to mentor a rookie. You really think Farve "mentored" Rodgers? Hell no, Farve hated Rodgers.

Vick is supposed to make 19 Million next year. He will be cut. In free agency, he is probably going to ask for 7-9 Million wherever he signs. I have no problem paying that to a starting QB who has a laser arm, and still has athleticism. Fact of the matter is, there is no better QB option out there for the Jets and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Well if thats the case well have like 18 million tied up in QBs. God I hate Tannenbaum so much for Sanchez's contract. He'll if Vick is the way we get a ring, I'll sell my soul right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: