Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what about Michael Vick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't let Mark Sanchez's contract hold you back from improving your team. However, we need to find any way possible to trade him Laughing

Jamison.'s Gallery
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we keep Sanchez & get Vick. lol It has to be one or the other. Out of the two, I would rather have Vick no doubt. At least we have seen him lead a team into victory against good teams. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of Vick, but at this point, our options are ugly. This season was a mess, McCoy only rushed for 750yds so far, and played behind a horrible oline. So I have mixed thoughts as far as how far he could take us. But As long as Tebow & Mark are gone, then its all good for me.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I just want to be amped for jets games again. I can't tell you how unexcited Ive been all season and its ruined my love of the jets. If Vick brings that excitement back...by all means honestly. Thats really all I can ask for.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the FA QBs are long-term answers for us. I'd prefer to sign a guy that would give us the least amount of problems going forward and can keep the seat warm for awhile. Michael Vick would not be that guy.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
No way we keep Sanchez & get Vick. lol It has to be one or the other. Out of the two, I would rather have Vick no doubt. At least we have seen him lead a team into victory against good teams. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of Vick, but at this point, our options are ugly. This season was a mess, McCoy only rushed for 750yds so far, and played behind a horrible oline. So I have mixed thoughts as far as how far he could take us. But As long as Tebow & Mark are gone, then its all good for me.

I agree with this. Plus if we have Vick and a rookie or even a still developing McElroy and he still has injury problems the backup gets experience along the way to boot. In my eyes he is the perfect fit for a stop gap for the exact reason people argue against him
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Honestly I just want to be amped for jets games again. I can't tell you how unexcited Ive been all season and its ruined my love of the jets. If Vick brings that excitement back...by all means honestly. Thats really all I can ask for.

I feel the same way. I want to feel good about my team and be able to wear Jets stuff proudly again. Be excited about a up coming night game against a good team.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
No way we keep Sanchez & get Vick.
We can. Where are you basing this off of?

Jamison.'s Gallery
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I'm looking at it from a locker room/ salary type of thing. We would tie up $18 + if we signed both under a tight cap space. We have to many wholes to fill. Might be odd for the locker room players who defended Mark . But I wouldn't mind if we kept him since Vick has a hard time with injuries. But as a fan, how would you feel about Mark coming on the field if Vick was to get hurt?

To be honest, I want to see Mark get a fresh start some where else like Arizona battling against their next rookie QB.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I'm looking at it from a locker room/ salary type of thing. We would tie up $18 + if we signed both under a tight cap space. We have to many wholes to fill. Might be odd for the locker room players who defended Mark . But I wouldn't mind if we kept him since Vick has a hard time with injuries. But as a fan, how would you feel about Mark coming on the field if Vick was to get hurt?

To be honest, I want to see Mark get a fresh start some where else like Arizona battling against their next rookie QB.
Locker room it would be fine. Salary, you do whatever you have to do to win. If that means keeping Vick & Sanchez, you do it.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Vick and imo he's not a good Qb. Exclude 2010 and his qb rating is under 80 (it's 80.7 with 2010). His biggest intangible has always been his running ability and that has declined, and will continue to decline, with age.

Sure he's better than Sanchez,Campbell, and Moore but I don't see him leading us to the playoffs, especially with the cast we have now on offense (players and coaches)

Before making any decisions on who our Qb will be next year, I want to see what McElroy has to offer and which underclass men declare

In hindsight, we might not even be discussing our Qb situation if we had started last year with Edwards and Cotchery instead of Burress and Mason.
It might be just me projecting but I have to believe Holmes would have been kept in check by those guys.
Butter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith has averaged 7 INT per season for the last 3 seasons. If you take out the game against the Giants, he had 2 INT this year through 9 games. The Niner's were 21-5 in that last two seasons. And Alex Smith has a 104.1 passer rating this season. Finally, his salary for next season is under $8 million.

He can handle the negative press and he's a perfect fit for the system that Ryan likes to run.

I think several teams are going to be interested in the off season, such as:
Jets, Chiefs, Cardinals and maybe the Eagles, Bills, and Chargers.

The Jets could have first crack at him if they made a trade with the Niners. What would the Jets front office realistically offer for Smith? Draft pick, players, combo?
green24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butter wrote:
Alex Smith has averaged 7 INT per season for the last 3 seasons. If you take out the game against the Giants, he had 2 INT this year through 9 games. The Niner's were 21-5 in that last two seasons. And Alex Smith has a 104.1 passer rating this season. Finally, his salary for next season is under $8 million.

He can handle the negative press and he's a perfect fit for the system that Ryan likes to run.

The Jets could have first crack at him if they made a trade with the Niners. What would the Jets front office realistically offer for Smith? Draft pick, players, combo?

The 9ers will probably cut him. A lot of success is a product of the system.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Locker room it would be fine. Salary, you do whatever you have to do to win. If that means keeping Vick & Sanchez, you do it.

Sanchez can't be on this team next year period. I don't care who you bring in Sanchez is broken and the surrounding cast won't respond to him anymore. My gut is telling me Sanchez will restructure his deal so he can be traded to a team he likes. I don't think he wants to stay in NY so I can see him doing that.

I've been saying it for weeks now, I want Alex Smith then if you want to draft a rookie as well in the 2nd or 3rd fine that way we go into next season fresh with Smith, McElroy, and a rookie.

Anyone who thinks we are trading Tebow is out of their mind I don't think anyone will give us a 6th. I think he will be released.

Now back to Vick, I'm not gonna lie if we do sign him there will be an electricity in the air that we have never had. If he's gonna turn the ball over like he did this year I don't want him. Turnovers is what kills us. If we played with a lead we might actually have a pass rush but sing we are always behind our defense is always playing the run.
Butter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Butter wrote:

The 9ers will probably cut him. A lot of success is a product of the system.

No way does Alex Smith sign for less than his current $8 million contract. Whoever wants him will likely save money by trading for him. Also, depending on what was offered, its possible a team receiving Smith might even be able to get a couple of late round picks back as well.

Regarding Smith being a product of a system. The Niners philosophy is to play good defense, cause turn overs, run the ball, and most importantly, don't turn the ball over. How is that different from Rex Ryan's philosophy?
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Wow even you are considering Vick now ? Laughing

Look I know it's no secret that I"m the biggest Vick homer on FootballsFuture but I try to be as objective as a homer could be.

I know people thought I was crazy when I said Vick could even be a starter again but I was basing it off the objective fact that he would finally have a great work ethic and cast around him

And I feel like Im being objective when I say he can have another resurgence because he will have a better offensive line than what he had this year and he will be hungry again now that he won't have a $100 million dollar contract

It's the $100 million dollar contracts that ruin Vick because he can't handle the success. That and of course a porous Oline and no commitment to a running game with that porous Oline

There is a reason why the talented Nick Foles hasn't faired any better in Philly right now

There is a reason why the Falcons were 3-12 in games that Vick didn't play in and the Eagles are about to be 4-11 in games Vick doesn't play in if they dont beat the Giants next week

Vick gives his teams the best chance to win. And a Vick that's still hungry and humbled is a guy who can be an absolute steal for some team in free agency

And Jets are the PERFECT fit because of commitment to defense and the running game.

Vick can just be the guy who stretches the field vertically to complement that running game.

Something that will also significantly cut down on the turnovers as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: