Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what about Michael Vick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swi7ch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: what about Michael Vick? Reply with quote

He could waste away here for 1-2 years while we look for another future QB either via the trade or the draft.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it. It beats drafting a QB in this year's class. I'm pretty sure most people are against it, but I actually understand how hard it is to get a Franchise QB.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's old,expensive and my cousins, who live in Philly wish someone would take him off their hands, sort of like our feelings for Sanchez and tebow so I'll pass
mikemart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want him. I'm OK with finding that 1 or 2 year substitute while we wait for a franchise guy to come around, but I don't what that substitute to be Vick.

Credit to Jamison

Jets, Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, Syracuse
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick would still be a huge upgrade over what we've had, but I don't think he's worth what he'll be asking for. At this point I think the best plan would be to sign a free agent like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell to pave the way for Mike Glennon.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honesty prefer Sanchez over Vick. Pass.
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Why...

N E W Y O R K J E T S
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Vick as a stop gap because he can do some things to spark our offense. And I do not want to reach on any QB I want to know the QB we draft is franchise material when we draft him.

These guy's who are brought up right now there is noone I look at at go That Man is a Franchise QB. We need a stop gap for a couple years so why not assuming the price isnt too high.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i love my QB fumbling as much as the next guy, but we really shouldn't hog all the fumbling fun
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

So thats why you have Jim Carey as an avatar, you're a liar

I'd take Vick 100x over Sanchez but I want Alex Smith not Vick.

so NO.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Vick, but I can see the move happening. If we are keeping Rex, we are not going to blow up and rebuild, he is aiming for playoffs to save his job. So in a panic, I can see us looking at someone like Vick, Smith or any other vet who has looked good at one point. I really doubt Rex puts his job in the hands of a rookie. If we do sign him, I just pray we get a OC & QB coach who can teach him how to read defenses.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:

Why...

I want no part either. Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, and probably even Matt Moore would be better IMO. Vick is over the hill and not the personality that we need at this time.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:

Why...

For the same reason many members of the media are trying to write Vick out of football completely despite the fact that he's obviously the most talented and accomplished QB that will legitimately be available in free agency. (Flacco isn't going anywhere)

People haven't gotten over what Vick has done off the field so they overstate how much of a case they have for him being done on the field

The bottom line is despite how "ancient" people try to make Vick, he's only 6 months older than Eli Manning, he's younger than a Tony Romo, only a year older than Schaub and within a couple years of guys like Philip Rivers and another guy who has had his troubles staying healthy in Big Ben Roethlisbeger

Speaking of health, new technology will vastly improve Vick's chances of staying healthy. All 6 games that Vick missed in 2010 and 2011 were because of a rib injury. Well Vick now wears a military grade kevlar vest that pretty much takes that out of the equation. Same thing that allowed Tony Romo to play with a serious rib injury recently as well
http://gizmodo.com/5939117/a-kevlar+armored-vest-will-protect-nfl-players-from-getting-hurt

And Vick's now been fitted for a helmet that should dramatically decrease the risk of a concussion
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8685063/michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-being-fitted-extra-helmet-protection

So with age and injury not as big of a factor what about level of motivation?

The one thing that hurt Vick in Atlanta was he had a Jamarcus Russell level work ethic. And getting $100 million dollar contract didn't help. Didn't help in Philly either. Even though he didn't totally return to his ATlanta ways, it has to on some level add some complacency considering where Vick came from just a few years earlier in prison.

Well now that motivation is fueled again without that 9 figure deal and with everyone doubting again if he can make a comeback

Add a team that may actually have a competent offensive line and a team that may actually run the ball on a consistent basis, and it's a perfect recipe for Vick to play like the comeback player of the year again in 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: