Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vs. Panthers Gameday Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Raiders Vs. Panthers Gameday Thread Reply with quote

We don't have a GDT up yet and I wanted to do this one because I've never done one before soooo here it goes.

Carolina Panthers

VS.

The Oakland Raiders

Things to think about:

Cam Newton will be a the focal point for both teams, this man has be on fire the past few weeks. He currently has the longest streak of passes without an INT. Thats right Cam Newton, not Manning, not Brady, not even Rodgers. He's also been running the ball all over teams most notably the Atlanta Falcons. The Raider's defense has been one of the most dominated units this year. Last was a positive step in the right direction holding Charles to 10 yards and making the Chiefs convinced that they must take a QB next year. Cam Newton is however an entirely different animal, we will see just how good this defense is this week.

Speaking about running the Raider's run game has come alive (so to speak) as of late. Second string running back Mike Goodson has found much success in the ZBS the Raiders have installed and is set to play in a revenge game against his former team who buried him on the depth chart. To be successful, and keep superman on the bench, the Raiders need to run the ball against one of the weaker run defenses in the NFL.

Now the Elephant in the room, Terrelle Pryor. It's interesting because many in Raider nation have visions of him being like the man across the field, Cam Newton. Last week Raider Nation got to see him in a series that end in typical raider fashion, a three and out. This week OC Knapp has promised to us Pryor in more game situations, red zone and 3rd and short. What will we see? A QBoF or another draft reach?

In closing both teams are out of playoffs, so the only thing people are fighting for are jobs. Panther's are fighting for their coach who may be replaced after this year due to new management coming in this year and the panthers not contending for a playoff spot. The Raiders however are all fighting for their own jobs. With over 20 players set to be free agents at the close of the 2012 season, not to mention possible cuts, this will be one of the last chances they have to make an impression and get resigned.

What will we see?

A Raider Victory?

Or will we be looking at the scoreboard in confusion and disgust?

And because this wouldn't be a GDT without some NSFW

BigMike1b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. Although, it needs more babes Wink

I could see this game going either way. I'm hoping for DMC to have another 100-yard game on the ground.

Raiders 23
Panthers 20

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can pull this one out.

25-22 Raiders. Cool

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lose, baby.

If we win were looking at picking around the 8-12 range compared to the 3-4 range. I don't wan't this crappy season to be a waste because of some meaningless wins at the end of the season. I want Knapp and Allen GONE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Just lose, baby.

If we win were looking at picking around the 8-12 range compared to the 3-4 range. I don't wan't this crappy season to be a waste because of some meaningless wins at the end of the season. I want Knapp and Allen GONE!!!!

Get out. I can't stand these let's lose for draft order crybabies. Just ignorant.

Same crowd that will be asking for McKenzie's/Allen's heads because they are not winning games.

Edit: I see you are already of the ignorant let's not give the coach a chance with additional talent.

Misguided ignorance that has plagued the team for a decade. Same fans who bash Al and want change, don't get in 1 season and want to start over again. Wow......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Just lose, baby.

Get out. I can't stand these let's lose for draft order crybabies. Just ignorant.

Same crowd that will be asking for McKenzie's/Allen's heads because they are not winning games.

Edit: I see you are already of the ignorant let's not give the coach a chance with additional talent.

Misguided ignorance that has plagued the team for a decade. Same fans who bash Al and want change, don't get in 1 season and want to start over again. Wow......

+1. Getting real old, real fast. Just win, baby -- though honestly, I'd be surprised if we win this game, unless DMC and Goodson explode.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doest bc and murph dogg play for CAR?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Just lose, baby.

I'll get out if you can tell me what Dennis Allen did to deserve an NFL head coaching job and what he has done to deserve another year.

I'm not crying for their heads cause they aren't winning games I'm crying for their heads because they are incompetent. Can't think of many good things Reggie or Allen have done, but I can name a whole bunch of negatives..

Just because we finally have a new GM doesn't mean he is better than Al Davis by default. I don't want to waste anymore time with these knuckleheads..

And why wouldn't you want to lose for draft order? how do you improve your franchise? if this was last year and we had a chance to tank for Luck or RGIII who could turn the franchise around with one pick, would you still be singing the same tune? would you rather win a few meaningless games and draft Tannehill? if you would you are an idiot.

Last edited by macklemore on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preacher wrote:
Hopefully we can pull this one out.

25-22 Raiders. Cool

ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

And why wouldn't you want to lose for draft order? how do you improve your franchise? if this was last year and we had a chance to tank for Luck or RGIII who could turn the franchise around with one pick, would you still be singing the same tune? would you rather win a few meaningless games and draft Tannehill? if you would you are an idiot.

I think the major difference is there is no Luck or RGIII in this draft. No player in the top 10 really stands out among the rest.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually pretty excited to see Pryor get some real action. Hopefully Allen sticks to his word and lets him play some. I'm not very hopeful that he will look good, but I hope I'm wrong.

La_Vader wrote:
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
macklemore wrote:

I think the major difference is there is no Luck or RGIII in this draft. No player in the top 10 really stands out among the rest.

I know that, but it is still better to have a higher pick to trade down or get your guy.

I've said it plenty of times the only option I see is to trade down. *ducks while haters say trading down is rare* that was before the new cba.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
macklemore wrote:

I know that, but it is still better to have a higher pick to trade down or get your guy.

I've said it plenty of times the only option I see is to trade down. *ducks while haters say trading down is rare* that was before the new cba.

Its not that rare, it just all hinges on where you are slotted to pick, whos available, and what teams want that player bad enough. I would be all for trading down.

La_Vader wrote:
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
macklemore wrote:

It's rare in most drafts, and it seems even less likely to happen this year, because let's be honest, who is going to want to trade up? There's no "must have" to trade up for.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Just lose, baby.

Allen isn't going anywhere. With such a lack of talent its unrealistic to think we would improve or stay the same as last season. I mean really the stats were better but we couldn't put anybody away. We couldn't score in the 4th quarter either. We're finally seeing last years team for what it really was. Overachieving or Overrated. The personnel have been bad yet Allen has gotten the team to eliminate penalties but you failed to mention that. Keep going with the Al Davis "New coach every year" philosophy.

Team is taking 2 steps back in order to take 2 steps forward. Welcome to rebuilding mode.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: