Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EDS named starting center.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:
Our O-line next year could be so markedly improved that we could be an entirely different offense. For reals!

Sherrod-Lang-EDS-Sitton-Bulaga
Newhouse-draftadude-Barclay

^^That is seriously pretty good!

A healthy Sherrod alone could make a huge difference IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:
Our O-line next year could be so markedly improved that we could be an entirely different offense. For reals!

I saw him standing next to other players in the 2012 team photo and he is HUGE! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

I saw him standing next to other players in the 2012 team photo and he is HUGE! Shocked

Palmy said it earlier. It'll take an edge rusher an extra half second or so just to get around him. Laughing

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I feel bad for players in Saturday's position...and I do here a little too, except you can tell by listening to him that he has great perspective overall...I've heard him at speaking engagements, and the guy's sharp and all class.
I'm sure he understands the situation and wouldn't want to be out there if there's a better option on the sideline. Sometimes you need guys like that to come and help bridge a gap for a year or two, which is what he's done, hopefully.
I also think this has to do with the teams we'll likely have to go up against this postseason. We'll need to run the ball to slow the rush in Seattle and NY, in particular.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Pugger wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

Palmy said it earlier. It'll take an edge rusher an extra half second or so just to get around him. Laughing

Some play big and some are big, Sherrod is both! I don't doubt his pass pro set one bit. Doubt he ever brings much to the table in the run game though. Sherrod is not a natural knee bender, leverage is not on his side, and it's just not his mindset. That's a big boy with some feet though. I mean, have Bulaga and Sherrod stand side by side. They look about the same on paper but Sherrod looks much bigger. Big difference between built big and born big. Sherrod is long, thick, and big in all areas as it relates to the football field.

I was not a big Sherrod fan on draft day but would be the first to tell ya his all around skill set is VERY high end. More upside than any in this class IMO. Just need to get him there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought EDS played really well today. Held anxhor in the passing game and was much better than Saturday getting push.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I thought EDS played really well today. Held anxhor in the passing game and was much better than Saturday getting push.

This is not the game to judge him. Next week will be a better measuring stick. The Titans are undersized up the middle. I don't think they have a true NT/1T. Seems like they play 2 3Techs.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDS did a great job today, but next week will be a true test in that loud dome in Minny. So far, so good ... he looked like an upgrade over Saturday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: