Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EDS named starting center.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he going to end up in the pro bowl? Laughing
packerfan50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Saturday knows he's been underachieving and he knows EDS is not a secret at center either. Feel bad for him, but this might be where the Packers give Jeff a rest now and get ready for playoffs too? He, in my mind has been a weak link this year, but hope he gets a ring this year here before he is done officially.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Well by fan voting, doesn't the media/coaches have input as well? If they do, he will have to buy a ticket to the pro bowl if he wants to go.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Well by fan voting, doesn't the media/coaches have input as well? If they do, he will have to buy a ticket to the pro bowl if he wants to go.
Fans are 1/3
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Fans are 1/3
Yeah he wont play in the pro bowl then.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
IMO, they are planning on running the ball more entering the playoffs.
Have to think that. Running game has come to life a bit and the passing game hasn't fully clicked all year.

If you look at our last 4 games, i can't remember the last time we had 4 100yard+ games in a row until these last 4.

Different identity this year for sure.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
IMO, they are planning on running the ball more entering the playoffs.
Have to think that. Running game has come to life a bit and the passing game hasn't fully clicked all year.

If you look at our last 4 games, i can't remember the last time we had 4 100yard+ games in a row until these last 4.

Different identity this year for sure.

A slow buildup process all around.

I'm excited to see this team peak. I think they've executed it quite well to this point.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's obvious that the only way we beat NYG or SF if we happen to come up on them in the playoffs is if we run the ball, and run it effectively. After all, they can't pin their ears back in the pass rush if we're gouging them for 6-7 yards on the ground every time they do. I know, we're a passing team built on the arm of Aaron Rodgers, but we have the best QB in the league on a shoddy line. We have to change up our philosophy/identity just so Aaron survives.

Plus, I don't know about you, but I love watching a team pound the rock effectively. That drive against Detroit where it was run run run run TD was absolutely awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
I think it's obvious that the only way we beat NYG or SF if we happen to come up on them in the playoffs is if we run the ball, and run it effectively. After all, they can't pin their ears back in the pass rush if we're gouging them for 6-7 yards on the ground every time they do. I know, we're a passing team built on the arm of Aaron Rodgers, but we have the best QB in the league on a shoddy line. We have to change up our philosophy/identity just so Aaron survives.

Plus, I don't know about you, but I love watching a team pound the rock effectively. That drive against Detroit where it was run run run run TD was absolutely awesome.
Well we can do this against the Giants but the 49ers it would be real tough to get the ground game going. Aaron also has to take what is given against those defenses and work the middle of the field. Can't force the ball down the field, dink and dunk and later on the deep ball will become available.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Win/win situation IMO.

We see what EDS can give us at center fo a few games.

If he plays well we have a center of the future and a big question mark answered going forward.

If he struggles we can put you a fresher Saturday back in for the playoffs, no harm no foul, and we know we need to look elsewhere for a C of the future.

Pretty much this.

If EDS is going to fall on his face at center, let it be:
a) Not in the playoffs
and
b) Before an offseason in which the Center position can be addressed.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest Issue: If EDS fails, he'll still want starter money. Don't think so? Erik Walden.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Biggest Issue: If EDS fails, he'll still want starter money. Don't think so? Erik Walden.

Quote:
4/23/2012: Signed a one-year, $725,000 contract. The deal contains a $25,000 workout bonus. 2012: $700,000, 2013: Free Agent

We could sign like 150 Erik Waldens. I'd be stoked if we had EDS for less than 750k a year
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per PFF, EDS has graded out as our best run blocker this season. Not on a per snap basis either, but for total grade. 2nd best grade is Sitton. 4th best is Barclay. Think they want to run right? Laughing

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Blink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge EDS fan overall, but I like him a hell of a lot more at center than I do guard. He's got a nasty side and two good guards he's playing next to. Hopefully he fits in well, we could use some extra push.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Per PFF, EDS has graded out as our best run blocker this season. Not on a per snap basis either, but for total grade. 2nd best grade is Sitton. 4th best is Barclay. Think they want to run right? Laughing
Where some are seeing this as a test for the future at center, I think this is all about the present. Particularly how they felt Dietrich-Smith performed in a starter's capacity at left guard. Offensive line continuity is someone you really like to have going into the playoffs and with both LG and RT having injuries I don't see making a change as center as any sort of test, we'll try it out thing. This is a Dietrich-Smith is one of the five best linemen available on the Packers and needs to get on the field while Saturday is a player who has clearly struggled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: