Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
First off, I dont that any team should ever draft a kicker/punter. They can be had as UDFA.

Look, about Tony Jefferson. Just because he is 5'11 that really doesnt mean squat. Polamalu is only 5'10. Bob Sanders was 5'9. Ed Reed is only 5'11. Jefferson has good play recognition and can cover the field.

I would be ecstatic if he is there in the 2nd. I feel there is going to be a run on S's. I think there are 2 teams that are going to go S which would be Matt Elam and Kenny Vaccaro.

Eric Reid did have a hard time without key personnel in the game to help him so his stock is going down, IMO.

But if the Skins decide to go in a different direction in the 2nd, I would not be opposed to drafting Baccari Rambo or Shawn Williams from Georgia at the S spot.

It's early, but do you know where Matt Elam is currently projected?
My friend raves over him, but I've been working weekends the past year and half and haven't seen much college football; definitely zero Gator games.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
mike23md wrote:
First off, I dont that any team should ever draft a kicker/punter. They can be had as UDFA.

Look, about Tony Jefferson. Just because he is 5'11 that really doesnt mean squat. Polamalu is only 5'10. Bob Sanders was 5'9. Ed Reed is only 5'11. Jefferson has good play recognition and can cover the field.

I would be ecstatic if he is there in the 2nd. I feel there is going to be a run on S's. I think there are 2 teams that are going to go S which would be Matt Elam and Kenny Vaccaro.

Eric Reid did have a hard time without key personnel in the game to help him so his stock is going down, IMO.

But if the Skins decide to go in a different direction in the 2nd, I would not be opposed to drafting Baccari Rambo or Shawn Williams from Georgia at the S spot.

My friend raves over him, but I've been working weekends the past year and half and haven't seen much college football; definitely zero Gator games.
Matt Elam is a great prospect that Blknite01 talked about in this topic or another one. He's worked his way up to a late 1st or early 2nd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:

And actual opinion on his play.
You know when some players are surrounded buy such good talent it makes them look better than they are?
Elam is the flip side of that. Floridas front 7 was so dominate it actually held back Elams talent from being showcased sometimes instead.
Kinda like Berry was in the sense he can deliver massive hits, while actually knowing how to tackle. Hes everywhere on the field. Whenever the play ends. Hes usually right there in the picture, be it pass or run. Super solid at the college level in both aspects.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the page of what blknite01 said on Matt Elam and he's a huge Florida fan:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=503913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Blknite01 wrote:
I'd really really love to get Elam. He isn't build like him, but in all honestly, he plays like Sean Taylor to me. Not to say he'll be as good of course, just his play style reminds me so much of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ue7wlWAhgg

He lines up all over the field.

But out of those 3, I'd probably rank them Kenny, Bacarri, Tony. But they are all 3 very good prospects and we should end up with a good prospect at S, hope we get the right one.

... Just going of their prospects, that's where I have. Obviously production matters, but Kenny still has the highest ceiling imo.

... If we wait till round 3 or 4 to take a S I wouldn't mind taking a look at
Shamarko Thomas, Duke Williams or Micah Hyde ( most;y for the Iowa S Pedigree).

Ray Ray Armstrong would also be a great pick up in the 6th or 7th

... He (Elam) honestly could play free safety just as well. The distinction between the too is becoming more and more thing every year. I really just want intelligent play-makers. Which is what he is.
Laughing I love the going to sleep celebration after he knocked the crap out of the LSU return man on the punt return.

You are right. He reminds of Sean in the way they move his around all over the place in different formations and he hits like a tone of bricks. He also has great ball skills.

I like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twCw37L7oM8

where he slammed Thomas of FSU last year. Cool

There are also guys like D.J. Swearinger of South Carolina 5'11 210 lbs, runs 4.43 to 4.56 40 time and was All Sec 2nd team. Then, Kenny Tate of Umd who is 6'4, 220 lbs and played FS at Umd before Edsall came to Umd and moved him to a rover lb type position. I think Swearinger has developed into a good FS prospect whos climbing up thr draft boards and Tate could be a steal as a SS prospect in the late rounds.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1409066-stock-up-stock-down-for-2013-nfl-draft-prospects-week-x-edition/page/8

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/483193/dj-swearinger

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=91031&draftyear=2013&genpos=FS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664373/dj-swearinger

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1664373

Other good safety prospects are Josh Evans (FS- Florida) Good size 6'2, 200 lbs but he's been overshadowed by Elam. Then, Phillip Thomas from Fresno State (6'1, 215 with 8 ints this year) They should also go in the mid rounds. Some think they're 3rd rounders, some 4th they were big playmakers this year.

Touching story on Evans here:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/florida-gators-josh-evans-continues-stellar-play-as-family-tries-to/1260771

Quote:
The senior was torn between the need to give everything he had to the Gators and his concern for family and friends struggling to recover in the aftermath of the devastation from Hurricane Sandy.

"It was very scary," said Evans, a native of Irvington, N.J. "I think that I kind of had a chip on my shoulder (last) weekend to go out there and play harder for my family, the struggle they're going through, and the lives we lost back in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut. It had me a little emotional to go out there and just play my heart out. It's been tough."

... Evans is 18th in the SEC and leads the No. 7 Gators with 62 tackles this season, 30 solo. He has had five or more tackles in every game this season. And against Missouri last week, Evans had a career-high 12 tackles and an interception in the end zone with five seconds remaining to seal the win.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we take a look at Margus Hunt in this draft. He's a one-man wrecking crew for SMU, absolute monster.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I really hope we take a look at Margus Hunt in this draft. He's a one-man wrecking crew for SMU, absolute monster.
i know! It wouldn't surprise me if he's our 3rd round pick if he falls to us, especially because he plays for June Jones at SMU.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

Here is a sleeper we can get as a free agent. Has great height-6.4 and can be a hybrid for us like Paul. Plus, gotta love the name. Would give us three Shanahan's to go along with our two Griffins.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84346&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Here is a sleeper we can get as a free agent. Has great height-6.4 and can be a hybrid for us like Paul. Plus, gotta love the name. Would give us three Shanahan's to go along with our two Griffins.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84346&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR
i like him also. IMO that all depends on what happens with Fred Davis.if we re-sign Fred we probably won't be looking @ TEs to draft.

By the way, please re-size your avatar. It's way, way too big! Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 200 prospects done by national football post.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-Version-20.html&page=2
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Top 200 prospects done by national football post.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-Version-20.html&page=2

Please have our saftey tandem in there! Pray

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info on Elam.
I'll take a look at the YouTube clips when I get home.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

i like him also. IMO that all depends on what happens with Fred Davis.if we re-sign Fred we probably won't be looking @ TEs to draft.

You never know!
The Skins drafted Davis when we thought Cooley was the main guy.

Cooley will likely be gone and the Skins will probably look for a 3rd guy. Logan Paulsen has proven to be a good backup, so I hope they don't reach on a TE.

Ideally, an undrafted guy will suffice.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

You never know!

Cooley will likely be gone and the Skins will probably look for a 3rd guy. Logan Paulsen has proven to be a good backup, so I hope they don't reach on a TE.

oh I agree they will probably shock us on a few selections... They always do. Laughing If Davis is re-signed they do have Paulsen but also Paul. Paul won't be gone Imo. He offers versatility and is a great special teams player. Paul definitely needs more work in receiving and blocking as a TE but I believe he'll be a lot better next year after having another offseason to develop as aTE.
big44dog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

You never know!

Didn't Shanny get Shannon Sharpe undrafted? At the time i believe Denver had Clarence Kay, who was a decent TE in his day. I remember last offseason I was one of the few saying they'd take an RB at some point in the draft how'd that work out?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Shanahan WR Pitt Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

You never know!

Didn't Shanny get Shannon Sharpe undrafted? At the time i believe Denver had Clarence Kay, who was a decent TE in his day. I remember last offseason I was one of the few saying they'd take an RB at some point in the draft how'd that work out?
yeah they did. I think it worked out well when we took a 6th round rb last year... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 5 of 25

Jump to: