Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
Offensively, the Redskins can already get vertical. So speed on the wing isn't anything they're going to be looking at, not early anyway. What they don't have is that explosive threat out of the backfield, a down & distance home run hitter. If Andre Ellington is still there at 51 he might be too good to pass on. Although I do think that's very unlikely. I think they'd like to have that sort of weapon, but that they have far more pressing needs. I'm thinking (DE) Jonathan Hankins or more likely (DE-T) Sam Montgomery. I can see (CBs) Amerson or Banks, I will support that selection, but not any of the others. Slay is a reach. They can get Slay later if he's a player they want.
Roy Helu is that player and he's going to be back healthy soon. That being said in the mid rounds like 4 or 5 I could see us taking another RB, but not at 51.

Hankins is a NT, I don't see us taking one that hight in the draft.

I agree they Amerson and Banks in round 2 is an option as is Cyprien, Jamar Taylor, DJ Swearinger, Jordan Poyer, Phillip Thomas, and Rambo.

Slay is likely to be there for us in round 3 because of his torn meniscus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
markrc99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my material on John Cyprien-

Pro Football Draft Guide: 6'0" 210lbs
"... energetic hitter with enough athleticism & range to hold up in coverage... has very good instincts and a knack for getting to a receiver just as the ball is arriving. He's very confident, loud & brash, which will turn some teams off, but he's also a leader."

Lindy's Pro Football Draft: 6'0" 209lbs

Strengths:
"... just the 2nd panther to be invited to the senior bowl... Well built defender who certainly looks the part... Aggressive playing style and active demeanor. ... Enjoys the physical nature of the position. Meets the ballcarrier with a pop and refuses to let up. Good ball skills, shows the ability to extend and snatch the ball out of the air. Has played well against so-called "top" competition over his career..."
Weaknesses:
"Some have concerns about Cyprien's straight line speed. Played a lot of two-deep coverage at FIU, showing the ability to play halves but not necessarily operate as a true centerfielder. Takes highly aggressive angles to the ball & consistently tackles ballbarriers high, two potential areas of concern considering the significant jump in competition."

Pro Football Weekly 2013 Draft Guide: 6' 0 1/4" 209lbs

Strengths:
"Very well built, emotional field general. Very physical hitter, aggressive football temperament. Strong tackler, times the blitz very well."
Weaknesses:
"Can be fooled by play-action. Lacks top end speed & range. Clutches in coverage, zone awareness & route recognition. Long-term durability issues given physical style."
Overall:
"A very physical, underrated box safety who proved himself against better competition at the Senior Bowl & could bring the physicality and leadership to a defense. Has upside to develop."

Lindy lists him as a 2nd RD prospect while PFW (generally the more reliable source) has him going in the 3rd-4th RD. I buy both publications because Lindy's does hit on some players PFW misses, but it's usually the other way around. Okay, so when Cyprien can read what's in front of him, he's coming down the rail and there will be a train wreck! You gotta like that about him. But the other stuff is not unlike the type of players the Redskins have back there now. Guys that are liabilities in coverage, poor recognition and taking bad angles. That he appears to be at his best rolled up into the the short zone doesn't exactly address the most pressing need, which is covering receivers.

If the 2nd RD pick is used to select a safety, I think Swearinger is the better choice. I know the talking heads are all saying a DB for the secondary, but if DE Sam Montgomery is still on the board, I'm going to have to see them pass on him to believe it. Again, I do see the need in the secondary, just not as the priority. A Sam Montgomery then a Cornelius Washington would significantly upgrade this team's pass rush.
Cash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Swearinger to Cyprien as well. I think he is a much better fit for our defense and our needs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the Cowboys take Swearinger...
Just to [inappropriate/removed] off the Skins (and help their secondary)....
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet anyone here a dub the Redskins end up taking a WR

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on taking Swearinger over Cyprien.

Every year the talking heads on every channel fall in love with a prospect and hype that guy up to be a higher pick than he should be. Cyprien is that player this year IMHO.

I think Cyprien is a better fit at SS than at FS but I guess we'll see how it all plays out. No one knows for sure till these guys play for a few years in the NFL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
taylormade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Rankings on who is left....

In Order:

CB Jamar Taylor, Boise St.
S Johnathan Cyprien, FIU
DL Margus Hunt, SMU
CB Johnathan Banks, Miss. St.
ILB Kevin Minter, LSU
CB Dwayne Gratz, UConn
OG Larry Warford, Kentucky
3-4 OLB Alex Okafor

Looks like we'll have a shot at CB Johnathan Banks. I fully expect Jamar Taylor & Cyprien off the board at #51. Think it might come down between CB Banks and ILB Kevin Minter.

Doesn't look like a good round for WR, RT and offense in general. Think we go defense in the second and offense in the third... but who knows.

DJ Swearinger is meh.

"Ryan Torrain has more yards than both Larry Johnson and FWP put together!" - Me, Bold Predictions Thread, May 4th 2010
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN predicting Cyprien to Jaguars.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
ESPN predicting Cyprien to Jaguars.
really not a surprise there. He was the top prospect available on many of the experts board and they lost Dawan Landry to the Jets and I can't name another safety the have. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: