Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what another anayst said about his Pro Day last month:
"He stood out catching the ball as well with the route quickness and vertical speed to make plays underneath and down the field. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com"

Gil Brandt another respected analyst has Goodwin as one of his top Pro Day performers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156352/article/matt-barkley-matt-scott-montee-ball-boost-stock-at-pro-days

Some results from his Pro Day 11'5" Broad Jump (Fairly certain it is the farthest ever for an NFL prospect), Had a 44 inch vert and a 42 inch vert. Was timed at 4.21/4.27 (low time of 4.17) at the combine depending what site you go by. Had a 1.43 10 yard split during his 40 according to Rotoworld.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/3/26/4149114/texas-pro-day-2013-nfl-draft-kenny-vaccaro-alex-okafor-marquise-goodwin

Another article the came out recently calls him a 3rd round prospect.
http://m.nbcdfw.com/nbcdfw/pm_108125/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9u4Ia7U1

Here's a good article on Goodwin that was posted yesterday. States multiple times he is a legit 3rd round prospect.
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/sports/2013/04/22/marquise-goodwin-offers-speed-and-more-heading-into-draft

So basically he got a new Offensive Coordinator (Major Applewhite) right before the bowl game that made it a priority to feed him the ball. He then because of this went on to have one of the best games of his career against a very good Oregon State team. He then goes to the Senior Bowl, and lights it up there was one of the stars for the week, and even was among the leaders during the game for yards. Then goes to the combine and puts on another display both in the running/jumping drills and WR drills. After that he puts on another awesome display at his pro day showing off his ability.

"You've got to fire all your weapons, if you've got the weapons, use them" Direct quote from Major Applewhite from the bowl game regarding getting Goodwin the ball

Don't you think it's a little strange that he gets a new coordinator for the bowl game this year that wants to utilize his abilities, and he goes out and puts up a huge game against a good team, then goes on to impressibe almost every respected analyst that follows the draft? Makes you think that maybe the Texas offense just never utilized him properly during his time there, and that he would have been much more productive in another offense. There is a reason they fired their offensive coordinator during the football season this year..
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's a track star...

It's been established. Wink

Everyone looks good at pro days, it's set up to make you look your best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I know he's a track star...

It's been established. Wink

Everyone looks good at pro days, it's set up to make you look your best.

If everyone is supposed to look good at pro days...then he must've looked great since he is on lists for top pro day performers...

You're killing me haha. So why did he stand out against many his peers at the Senior Bowl/Combine?!? Might be...gasp...because he is also very talented on the football field as well. Also what about the whole bowl game where he lit it up, and was the player of the game when the offense made him a focal point with Major Applewhite as O-Coordinator???

You don't have to like him as a prospect, but that doesn't change the fact that many analysts and people close to the draft have him slotted as a round 3 prospect.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9206852/2013-nfl-draft-darius-slay-torn-meniscus-sources

Quote:
Mississippi State cornerback Darius Slay, regarded as a potential first-round pick, tore the meniscus in his knee this offseason, raising medical questions with teams, league sources said.

Some Docs say he needs surgery some say he doesnt. I was really hoping we would get this kid in the second if Swearinger is gone. One bright note is he could fall to us in the 3rd if teams are worried about his knee. I would take a shot on him he he falls. I really think he has alot of potential and could be a steal if he falls!!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9206852/2013-nfl-draft-darius-slay-torn-meniscus-sources

Quote:
Mississippi State cornerback Darius Slay, regarded as a potential first-round pick, tore the meniscus in his knee this offseason, raising medical questions with teams, league sources said.

Some Docs say he needs surgery some say he doesnt. I was really hoping we would get this kid in the second if Swearinger is gone. One bright note is he could fall to us in the 3rd if teams are worried about his knee. I would take a shot on him he he falls. I really think he has alot of potential and could be a steal if he falls!!!!!
damn. That really sucks. Shades of Chase Minifield last year...

I wouldn't take him in the 3rd. We'll have to see how he's evaluated by doctors. I imagine that he'd fall a few rounds at the least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Quote:

I wouldn't take him in the 3rd. We'll have to see how he's evaluated by doctors. I imagine that he'd fall a few rounds at the least.

Those two aren't even close though. Minnifield's injury was a lot worse than a meniscus tear

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Quote:

Those two aren't even close though. Minnifield's injury was a lot worse than a meniscus tear
Didn't Gilbert Arenas have a torn meniscus? He was never the same after that injury.

You just never know. Sucks when injuries happen right before the draft, that's more of what I was referring to in comparing Sly and Minifiekd getting injured. The timing, not the injury.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Swearinger raps...

*off the draft board*
daskins

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
DJ Swearinger raps...

*off the draft board*

What does that mean?
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
DJ Swearinger raps...

*off the draft board*

What does that mean?

He has a mixtape.
The last football player/rapper that was a Redskin was Brandon Lloyd.

I'm a huge rap fan, but I don't want a football player/rapper to be a Redskin.
It's too tempting to try to live that 'rapper' life and be in the club/on Twitter/partying, etc. etc.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
daskins wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
DJ Swearinger raps...

*off the draft board*

What does that mean?

He has a mixtape.
The last football player/rapper that was a Redskin was Brandon Lloyd.

I'm a huge rap fan, but I don't want a football player/rapper to be a Redskin.
It's too tempting to try to live that 'rapper' life and be in the club/on Twitter/partying, etc. etc.
Wasn't Malcolm Kelly a rapper also?

That being said, I would not take Swearinger off the board because of that. As long as his priorities are football first, that's what matters most. I trust the Shanahans to know that and to make the correct choices.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man.
I forgot about the existence of Malcolm Kelly.

You're correct.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Man.
I forgot about the existence of Malcolm Kelly.

You're correct.
haha! Laughing Yeah, I think a lot of people by now have blocked out that entire draft class minus Fred Davis.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

Quote:

While this has become news to fans and the media, it is probably well known to most of the teams long before now. It probably won't affect his value much if at all.
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we don't pass on swearinger cause of that. I really hope we get that guy I love the way he plays and his size.

Props to Mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: