Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects for the Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Most impressed by Robert Woods in the WR drills today. Rodney Smith stood out to me, as did Markus Wheaton, Marquess Wilson and Tavon Austin. Terrence Williams was solid, who knows where he will be drafted. I believe we'll see a run on receivers before pick 45 this season with 5-6 receivers gone.

Justin Hunter is an animal, but safe to say that he will be well off the board.
woods was hurt by Barkley's down year, hes a solid WR who is a great route runner. Barkley was hurt because the OL wasn't as good as it was the previous two years with Tyron Smith and Kalil

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Armstead is a Left Tackle.
so was Compton. If we are taking him mid to Late rounds we can develop him to play either side and be a swing tackle.

Armstead is a likely top 75 pick. Wouldn't surprise me if he's gone in round 2
really? Seems to me he's more Bruce Campbell at the moment. Has a lot of athletic ability but not much on the field just yet. I think he'll go in the mid rounds.

That isn't even close really. Watching film of Armstead you can see his ability. This isn't a workout warrior who just showed up on the scene, he's been on radars and rising for a while now
yea I still think he'll go 3rd/4th. He's climbed up the boards from the 7th to the mid rounds.

The only reason he was a "7th" was because he wasn't someone many people watched or was hyped early on. Watch the cut ups of him, he's going to go earlier than that 3rd/4th

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see people throwing Bacarri Rambos name out there a lot. I watched a good amount of Georgia games this past season and Rambo was a big disappointment. Rambo benefitted from the constant pressure being applied by the front 7. IMO Shawn Williams, the other Georgia safety, was much better than Rambo. I thought Rambo played soft a lot of the time. He shied away from the tackle and will get owned by the physical receivers in the league. I can think of at least 10 safeties I would take over Rambo and that's not an exaggeration.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrann Mathieu confident he could hang with Calvin Johnson nfl.com/news/story/0apů

Mathieu impressed yest. Many scouts believe he's solidified himself as a 3rd round pick and he'll primarily be a slot cb and return man.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWh0UcqIcFs

Who did you last get into a fight with and what was it for? Can't remember the reason - to me that's a telling. I'd have him off my board for that response.

Getting a player like Logan Ryan in the fourth would be better value than spending a third on Tyrann Mathieu.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Who did you last get into a fight with and what was it for? Can't remember the reason - to me that's a telling. I'd have him off my board for that response.

Getting a player like Logan Ryan in the fourth would be better value than spending a third on Tyrann Mathieu.
i totally agree. Just posting what was reported on nfl.com

Monk HOF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Quote:

I agree as well but I don't think Logan Ryan is going to last until our pick in the 4th round.
I think a 3rd round pick would be more in line.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
I see people throwing Bacarri Rambos name out there a lot. I watched a good amount of Georgia games this past season and Rambo was a big disappointment. Rambo benefitted from the constant pressure being applied by the front 7. IMO Shawn Williams, the other Georgia safety, was much better than Rambo. I thought Rambo played soft a lot of the time. He shied away from the tackle and will get owned by the physical receivers in the league. I can think of at least 10 safeties I would take over Rambo and that's not an exaggeration.
i think it was the senior bowl practices and game that everyone was talking down on Williams. I used to feel the same way as you, but the truth I guess is neither one are really a top talented safety for the reasons you said.

I think Rambo is a bit better and that's because he plays FS and is better in coverage than Williams.

If I were a GM, Rambo would get a 3rd round grade and Williams who's more a SS would have a 4/5 round grade.

tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on another forum:
"Heard Marquise Goodwin on Jay Mohr sports. He said he talked to all 32 teams at the combine but the Seahawks, Cowboys and Redskins showed the most interest."

If we can't get Justin Hunter in the 2nd round, I would love for us to grab Goodwin in the 3rd round
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
"Heard Marquise Goodwin on Jay Mohr sports. He said he talked to all 32 teams at the combine but the Seahawks, Cowboys and Redskins showed the most interest."

If we can't get Justin Hunter in the 2nd round, I would love for us to grab Goodwin in the 3rd round

Im not sure Justin Hunter would fit with what we do. I agree he is a great athetele and would be a solid deep threat, but he showed in college not to be very physical and not willing to go across the middle. WRs have to block in our scheme and be physical. Hunter is long and lean and would get man handled by physical corners and safties. Not sure he is what we are looking for.......just an opinion.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

it does make sense because we love our Texas players because Kyle Shahanan played wr there, even though that team hasn't been good since Colt McCoy graduated

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

Im not sure Justin Hunter would fit with what we do. I agree he is a great athetele and would be a solid deep threat, but he showed in college not to be very physical and not willing to go across the middle. WRs have to block in our scheme and be physical. Hunter is long and lean and would get man handled by physical corners and safties. Not sure he is what we are looking for.......just an opinion.
goodwin can't block a lick either. Taking both over fixing our secondary and rt position would be a horrendous decision for this franchise but it wouldn't surprise me if they did it

BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

goodwin can't block a lick either. Taking both over fixing our secondary and rt position would be a horrendous decision for this franchise but it wouldn't surprise me if they did it

As for RT the team is high on Tom Compton. Doesn't mean they wont take one in the later rounds again, but dont expect an early pick on one.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

As for RT the team is high on Tom Compton. Doesn't mean they wont take one in the later rounds again, but dont expect an early pick on one.

I agree with this even though there will be some talent there in the second that will entice. When it comes down to it, I think the FO is pretty happy with the Compton pick and they'll continue with a veteran FA at the minimum until Compton is ready - he's a small school player, so it may take him another year to get acclimated. A full year with pro coaches and pro strength and conditioning coaches can do wonders for a project.

The Redskins have put an emphasis on speed at WR, so it would not shock me in the least if they take one. For me, if Justin Hunter was there in the second, I wouldn't hesitate to take him - he can develop into a very good #1. However, they are probably leaning toward a slot receiver to replace Santana Moss this year, or the next. It may be that they've decided to groom Aldrick Robinson as an outside receiver, like Antonio Brown for instance.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

You just stated in the other thread you have hardly seen Goodwin play, but somehow you keep getting this notion that Goodwin can't block Laughing

He could be considered the best blocking receiver at Texas. These quotes/plays about Goodwin differ greatly from your comment:

"The following game, he had only two more touches against New Mexico, though he did earn Offensive MVP honors for his diligent and successful efforts as a downfield blocker."

"Impactful in more than just the downfield blocking game. Which is nice, because yanno, Goodwin does kinda have world-class speed that helps him a bit when he has the ball in his hands."

"I haven't done a good job of getting the ball down the field to the receivers in the first couple games. And he's been blocking really hard."

This is just from the Oregon State game:
First play in this video he knocks another guy on his butt blocking. Also the play at 2:10 Goodwin makes another great block to seal the edge for the QB. Play at 2:45 Goodwin is blocking a guy downfield/trys to pick up a second block.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nq9emo0hWs

Like I've told you a million times Goodwin is a heck of a blocker. Stop making things up lol. For a slot receiver you won't find a much better blocker out there...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25

Jump to: