Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will we lose Rob Jackson in FA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will rob Jackson leave in FA?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
couldn't we place a tender on him?

Yes, we can make a tender off ( 110% of last years salary ) BUT--That doesn't lock him in if he's UNrestricted. He can still sign with anyone through the first day of the first training camp-- If he doesn't sign by then , his rights revert to his old team.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe so. This is his first, and probably only, stint as a free agent. He has some talent and another team will outbid the Skins due to the cap penalties.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really will hurt to lose him and get ZIP in return,,but that's the rule.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
I believe so. This is his first, and probably only, stint as a free agent. He has some talent and another team will outbid the Skins due to the cap penalties.
other teams would outbid us regardless of the cap penalties. Rob is a reserve Olb for us when Orakpo and Kerrigan are healthy.

He could go somewhere else and compete for a starting position at OLB or DE and get paid as such. We can't afford to pay our back ups like other teams pay starters. He will get offered better money than we would be able to pay him regardless of the cap penalty or not. We aren't going to offer Rob Jackson a multi year deal paying him several million a year to be a back up OlB and primarily special teams player.

That would be a horrible use of our salary cap room.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
other teams would outbid us regardless of the cap penalties. Rob is a reserve Olb for us when Orakpo and Kerrigan are healthy.

He could go somewhere else and compete for a starting position at OLB or DE and get paid as such. We can't afford to pay our back ups like other teams pay starters. He will get offered better money than we would be able to pay him regardless of the cap penalty or not. We aren't going to offer Rob Jackson a multi year deal paying him several million a year to be a back up OlB and primarily special teams player.

So let's trade Rak .. Cool Oh, nevermind.. I didn't mean that Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Laughing I know you are kidding, good one. Wink Umm yeah, let me know when Rob Jackson gets to the pro bowl, puts up a double digit sack year followed by two years where he gets 8.5 sacks and 9 sacks back to back. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Laughing I know you are kidding, good one. Wink Umm yeah, let me know when Rob Jackson gets to the pro bowl, puts up a double digit sack year followed by two years where he gets 8.5 sacks and 9 sacks back to back. Wink

OK,,and you let me know when Rak intercepts , not one ,,but TWO game changing passes..AND Jackson has 4.5 sacks on the season and only recently started playing with regularity on 3rd downs.. Not hard to see 8 or 9 if he's full time. Just saying ..
AND chew on this this,,, Rak = 49 starts , ZERO intercepts
Jackson-- I guess what -14 starts and FOUR !! intercepts.. wow.
Former tight end -- nice hands
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

OK,,and you let me know when Rak intercepts , not one ,,but TWO game changing passes..AND Jackson has 4.5 sacks on the season and only recently started playing with regularity on 3rd downs.. Not hard to see 8 or 9 if he's full time. Just saying ..
i hear ya but if Rak is healthy, robs still a back up.

Also about us not getting compensation, that "might" not be true. It depends on what kind of deal Jackson signs with another team and how many free agents we sign this year vs how many we lose.

We may end up with a compensatory pick from Rob Jackson being signed away. Wink
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can never have too many good players like Jackson depending on how much he gets I would be comfortable with them paying him. Just because he doesn't fit into the standard package doesn't mean we can't create packages to get Rak/Kerrigan/Jackson on the field at the same time.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
You can never have too many good players like Jackson depending on how much he gets I would be comfortable with them paying him. Just because he doesn't fit into the standard package doesn't mean we can't create packages to get Rak/Kerrigan/Jackson on the field at the same time.
oh I agree but I have a feeling someone will pay him and he'll be out of our price range, especially since he's been such a catalyst on our 7 game win streak and on us winning the division.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Also about us not getting compensation, that "might" not be true. It depends on what kind of deal Jackson signs with another team and how many free agents we sign this year vs how many we lose.

Given how much or defensive linemen stink, I don't see why they can't get Rob Jackson, Orakpo, and Kerrigan on the same play. Just rotate out Coefield, Jenkins, Carriker, and the other NT.
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
rizzy wrote:
oh I agree but I have a feeling someone will pay him and he'll be out of our price range, especially since he's been such a catalyst on our 7 game win streak and on us winning the division.

True any chance he could move to the middle with how well he has been covering?
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Given how much or defensive linemen stink, I don't see why they can't get Rob Jackson, Orakpo, and Kerrigan on the same play. Just rotate out Coefield, Jenkins, Carriker, and the other NT.
what? Our DL don't stink, you clearly still don't understand the 3-4 scheme eventhogh we've ran it now for 3 years. Confused we run a 3-4 with 3 Down lineman. 3, 310 lb + DL to stop the run.

Jackson, Orakpo and Kerrigan are 3-4 OLBs, the best pass rushers in our scheme, they are not DE in this scheme.

What you are proposing would never work in our base defense, in packages yes, but still Rob is going to likely get starter $ and we can't afford to pay him starting pass rusher $ because we pay others that.

Then on top of that, if you are Rob Jackson- wouldn't you want to go somewhere as a free agent signing, where you are going to be a starter and get paid? He's going to want that, he's not going to want to stay here and be a back up to Orakpo and Kerrigan. It sucks, I like Rob also but that's just what is going to happen.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
rizzy wrote:

True any chance he could move to the middle with how well he has been covering?
I think he could but again, currently we have London Fletcher and Perry Riley in the middle. I think London will be back for at least one more season depending on how far we go in the playoffs I guess. I don't think Rob is going to sign on here to be a back up, If... "IF" he gets starting offers for other teams.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

what? Our DL don't stink, you clearly still don't understand the 3-4 scheme eventhogh we've ran it now for 3 years. Confused we run a 3-4 with 3 Down lineman. 3, 310 lb + DL to stop the run.

Jackson, Orakpo and Kerrigan are 3-4 OLBs, the best pass rushers in our scheme, they are not DE in this scheme.

What you are proposing would never work in our base defense, in packages yes, but still Rob is going to likely get starter $ and we can't afford to pay him starting pass rusher $ because we pay others that.

Then on top of that, if you are Rob Jackson- wouldn't you want to go somewhere as a free agent signing, where you are going to be a starter and get paid? He's going to want that, he's not going to want to stay here and be a back up to Orakpo and Kerrigan. It sucks, I like Rob also but that's just what is going to happen.

We do we need run stopping linemen when it's 3rd and 12?

More pass rushers = more gooder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: