Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BreakYaBack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him for a 2nd rounder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
If we could pry away Harvin for a 2nd round pick I would be estatic. Is the missing piece to the offense IMO, said it before the season and stick behind it....

Sadly cant invest that much into the WR corps. Hopefully we can get a guy like Austin instead....Im tired of the rag tag bunch of guys that rotate in at slot and the terrible field position because our returners are uncapable.

Lamborghini Percy is my favorite WR in the league, but like BSH said we can't invest that much into the WR position. It's about managing the cap in this league for long continuing success.

Certain positions are more valuable than WR and bigger needs for this team.

I love what the Packers do with WR's. A lot of the production has to do with an MVP QB, but Jordy, Jennings, Jones, Cobb is a great corp and all 2nd rounders. Already re-signed Jordy to a financially friendly deal and have Jones and Cobb cheap for now. Even with Jennings leaving this is a legit WR corp.

I really don't like what ARI and DET are doing paying basically 1 WR all the money. Those teams without a great QB are going to disappoint.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil you hype Freeman's trade value up way to much.

He is not worth a 2nd rounder....and he is not defiantly worth Harvin PLUS a 3rd(I would actually think Bucs would be the ones to have to send the 3rd for a Freeman-Harvin trade)

Calibucsfan do me a favor and go look in the general forum there's a thread about Freeman's value and what other ppl think

Not to mention freeman > ponder

In a trade with the Vikings Freeman's value is increased due to them not having a good QB and Qbs being over valued

Umm...maybe YOU should be the one that goes into that thread and has a look.
All I see is most people talking crap about him(and I agree with most of it). Only people I see saying he is worth anything is Oakland fans.....and no offense to their fan base but I live in Cali and hands down, talking football logic to a Raiders fan is like talking algebra to a 1st grader

What ? I read the whole thing

Most of the ppl in there said hes at least worth a 2nd round pick
Some were saying 1st and 3rd others low 1st others low 2nd others low 3rd

Which all I wanted for freeman anyway was a 2nd

As much as I don't like freeman he isn't that horrible
He has flashes of greatness
But I'm just tired of all the inconsistency
He's hot he's cold he's hot he's cold

When he's hot, damn watch out
When he's cold the entire team plays like utter garbage

My personal opinion
He's just a good QB when he faces prevent defenses and bad defenses
Aka He's never going to win us a game in the playoffs bc GOOD teams are in the playoffs

All I want is a consistant , accurate passer
And I guarantee u we'd have a winning record with the team that we have right now this second

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Sticking with Freeman for another year might be a good thing. It could give us a shot at Teddy Bridgewater. Watch him. Dude is a stud.

Ima have to watch some tape on this guy, if he's as good as u say then I wouldn't mind sticking with freeman til next year and getting that guy

Bc , though i hope I'm wrong , I don't see freeman correcting his problems

Last edited by LazyBoyFil on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. I had us going after a slot WR in the 2nd round or third round so if we can take care of that need with Harvin our offense would be sick.

We can still use our first and third to find a CB and RT.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Sticking with Freeman for another year might be a good thing. It could give us a shot at Teddy Bridgewater. Watch him. Dude is a stud.

Ima have to watch some tape on this guy, if he's as good as u say then I wouldn't mind sticking with freeman til next year and getting that guy

Bc , though u hope I'm wrong , I don't see freeman correcting his problems

I understand how much we all want a new qb but they're going to give him another year unfortunately. Unless someone offers a 1st rounder they're going to hold on to freeman. Thankfully the 2014 qb class is better next year.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I understand how much we all want a new qb but they're going to give him another year unfortunately. Unless someone offers a 1st rounder they're going to hold on to freeman. Thankfully the 2014 qb class is better next year.

I agree that that is most likely what will happen

The only thing I don't want to happen is freeman playing decent next year and us signing him long term to some monster Eric wright type deal and us getting burned

That's TE only reason I want to dump him now
Bc IMO his peak value is now, with not that many good Qbs being in the draft AND alot of Qbs hungry teams being out there this season

I don't think that's too hard of a viewpoint to agree with

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

The only thing I don't want to happen is freeman playing decent next year and us signing him long term to some monster Eric wright type deal and us getting burned

Bc IMO his peak value is now, with not that many good Qbs being in the draft AND alot of Qbs hungry teams being out there this season

Hey if I were mark dominik I'd be shopping him the moment the season ended.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

and take a step backwards next season? Stop it guys. Freeman gives us the best chance to win tomorrow, and next year. The QB stink terribly and no way we would shoot ourselves in the foot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

and take a step backwards next season? Stop it guys. Freeman gives us the best chance to win tomorrow, and next year. The QB stink terribly and no way we would shoot ourselves in the foot

I can honestly question whether Freeman gives us the best chance to win
Any averagely accurate QB can hit wide open receivers with a good pocket
And we've seen time and again freeman miss those throws badly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

THANK YOU!

I can't stand coming on here the last few weeks and reading some of these comments. If guys have a better plan then then giving Freeman more time say it.

Throwing names out like Alex Smith when his own team just dumped him, posters think he will get zero interest from teams at least at a starting job, 9ers would get nothing back in a trade. Yet some want him to push Freeman out the door and for him to lead us. Let's bomb next year so we can draft a new qb the next draft, give him the keys to the franchise and hope he works out. If we happen to be high enough to draft a good prospect after another poor season then fine but to say "let's bomb" another 16 games next season just to maybe have a chance at drafting someone.... ugh

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

THANK YOU!

I can't stand coming on here the last few weeks and reading some of these comments. If guys have a better plan then then giving Freeman more time say it.

Throwing names out like Alex Smith when his own team just dumped him, posters think he will get zero interest from teams at least at a starting job, 9ers would get nothing back in a trade. Yet some want him to push Freeman out the door and for him to lead us. Let's bomb next year so we can draft a new qb the next draft, give him the keys to the franchise and hope he works out. If we happen to be high enough to draft a good prospect after another poor season then fine but to say "let's bomb" another 16 games next season just to maybe have a chance at drafting someone.... ugh

I don't like the idea of bombing next year's draft. But I don't like the idea of keeping Freeman around either. I would much rather have Alex Smith for a year or two until a legitimate QB prospect comes along, trade up for him and then take him. Really, all we need to get into the playoffs (other than a secondary) is a QB who can make accurate throws and doesn't make mistakes. Alex Smith isn't the future Super Bowl MVP, but he can get the team into the playoffs, I believe.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

THANK YOU!

I don't like the idea of bombing next year's draft. But I don't like the idea of keeping Freeman around either. I would much rather have Alex Smith for a year or two until a legitimate QB prospect comes along, trade up for him and then take him. Really, all we need to get into the playoffs (other than a secondary) is a QB who can make accurate throws and doesn't make mistakes. Alex Smith isn't the future Super Bowl MVP, but he can get the team into the playoffs, I believe.

That is exactly how I feel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's not worth a pick or the money. Guy will have 4 great games then go on iR
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care anymore pay 3 wrs. Get Percy, our return game is miserable at best. Also Underwood just doesn't get where to be on the field. I can understand Freeman's frustrations now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: