Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
How about Freeman for Harvin?

No I wouldn't do that unless they threw in a 3rd round pick

I agree. We could definitely get a mid-round pick out of them as well.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Only way i would be okay with it is if we come away with Jenkins, Dorsey and maybe Goldson in FA. So when that happens i would go ahead with the trade. We can get a solid slot receiver while it would be an unknown i think someone like Tavon Austin would fill that. I still want Woods in the 2nd but that's just more of the homer in me.

Dude there's no way we are getting all of them in FA

On the other hand.....I've been thinking about Woods round 2 HARD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil you hype Freeman's trade value up way to much.

He is not worth a 2nd rounder....and he is not defiantly worth Harvin PLUS a 3rd(I would actually think Bucs would be the ones to have to send the 3rd for a Freeman-Harvin trade)
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Only way i would be okay with it is if we come away with Jenkins, Dorsey and maybe Goldson in FA. So when that happens i would go ahead with the trade. We can get a solid slot receiver while it would be an unknown i think someone like Tavon Austin would fill that. I still want Woods in the 2nd but that's just more of the homer in me.

Dude there's no way we are getting all of them in FA

On the other hand.....I've been thinking about Woods round 2 HARD

That's my point. IF that 2% chance happens then I have no problem with the trade.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

He is not worth a 2nd rounder....and he is not defiantly worth Harvin PLUS a 3rd(I would actually think Bucs would be the ones to have to send the 3rd for a Freeman-Harvin trade)

Calibucsfan do me a favor and go look in the general forum there's a thread about Freeman's value and what other ppl think

Not to mention freeman > ponder

In a trade with the Vikings Freeman's value is increased due to them not having a good QB and Qbs being over valued

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Percy Harvin or Mike Williams.... yup I choose Percy.

Slot... check, punt returner... check, kickoff... check, speed threat out of the backfield... check. If a choice had to be made between those two, it would be easy. Williams isn't even in the same league as Percy.

I don't think it would happen and see no reason for Minny to move him considering he is still under contract for one more season. Having said that I would move a second for him.

IMO it wouldn't even be Williams vs Harvin anyway. It's about Harvin's underneath skillset.

I thought our offense was complete before the season started but we really don't have any short or intermediate passing threats. Jackson and Williams are probably the best deep duo in the league, but they aren't much with the ball in their hands when there are still defenders to beat. Despite having Stroughter, Preston Parker and Tiquan Underwood at different times, we still don't have a solid underneath threat. Harvin would bring that and then some.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Slot... check, punt returner... check, kickoff... check, speed threat out of the backfield... check. If a choice had to be made between those two, it would be easy. Williams isn't even in the same league as Percy.

I don't think it would happen and see no reason for Minny to move him considering he is still under contract for one more season. Having said that I would move a second for him.

IMO it wouldn't even be Williams vs Harvin anyway. It's about Harvin's underneath skillset.

I thought our offense was complete before the season started but we really don't have any short or intermediate passing threats. Jackson and Williams are probably the best deep duo in the league, but they aren't much with the ball in their hands when there are still defenders to beat. Despite having Stroughter, Preston Parker and Tiquan Underwood at different times, we still don't have a solid underneath threat. Harvin would bring that and then some.

I was just commenting on both Williams and Harvin because someone mentioned that a "problem" with getting Percy is then you'd have to sign him long term when mike Williams contract is up. I was just trying to say that if we had to choose between the two guys who to sign or who to kick out the door then Mike would have a sore back end. Harvin is elite at what he does and he is also versatile. We have a deep/jump ball threat and one of the best at it in Vincent already.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I was just commenting on both Williams and Harvin because someone mentioned that a "problem" with getting Percy is then you'd have to sign him long term when mike Williams contract is up. I was just trying to say that if we had to choose between the two guys who to sign or who to kick out the door then Mike would have a sore back end. Harvin is elite at what he does and he is also versatile. We have a deep/jump ball threat and one of the best at it in Vincent already.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with anything you wrote, just adding to the discussion.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Calibucsfan do me a favor and go look in the general forum there's a thread about Freeman's value and what other ppl think

In a trade with the Vikings Freeman's value is increased due to them not having a good QB and Qbs being over valued

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=507938

I shook my head reading Smith and that Freeman is worth nothing, Flacco swap etc., etc. So I posted, I was wondering others thoughts on him and the response was what I thought it would be!

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with anything you wrote, just adding to the discussion.

Oh ya I didn't think you were, just thought you thought I was trying to compare them as players when I was just really talking about there contract situation Very Happy

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Umm...maybe YOU should be the one that goes into that thread and has a look.
All I see is most people talking crap about him(and I agree with most of it). Only people I see saying he is worth anything is Oakland fans.....and no offense to their fan base but I live in Cali and hands down, talking football logic to a Raiders fan is like talking algebra to a 1st grader
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticking with Freeman for another year might be a good thing. It could give us a shot at Teddy Bridgewater. Watch him. Dude is a stud.
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
How about Freeman for Harvin?

haha I love it!
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could pry away Harvin for a 2nd round pick I would be estatic. Is the missing piece to the offense IMO, said it before the season and stick behind it....

Sadly cant invest that much into the WR corps. Hopefully we can get a guy like Austin instead....Im tired of the rag tag bunch of guys that rotate in at slot and the terrible field position because our returners are uncapable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Is the missing piece to the offense IMO

Stud TE like Graham, Gates, Gonzales,Witten,Davis,Gronkowski>>>>>>>>> Another WR.

A TE that is consistently good like the guys I mentioned above would help our offense a TON and more, than what Harvin can bring. Plus Williams is not all that bad.

And our offense can also use a good QB but that debate is for another thread..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: