Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Johnson is a selfish thug, right?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Chris Johnson is a selfish thug, right? Reply with quote

Wrong.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121219/SPORTS01/121219004?nclick_check=1

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Obie09

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT would never run this article though. Scumbags.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he is really nothing like what his "appearance" says he is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work by CJ!

I wonder though if it is possible to understand anything he says on the phone. Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody ever said he's a thug, though? He doesn't get a lot of camera time because nobody can tell what he's saying and he doesn't project the desired image, but I'm not sure anybody (in print or on tv, anyway) has said the guy is a thug.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ does have a bad rep around the league for whatever reason. I guess because he's cocky. But he's never been a bad guy off the field. Stays out of trouble, helps charities, does things like this, etc.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great look by CJ. He doesn't have the desired "look" or talk like a celebrity professional athlete. He is just like Edgerrin James as far as his "image". He rocks his dreads, gold teeth, talks in his Florida twang and doesn't seem to care about endorsements.

The article mentions he just became the father of twins. I bet that put the Sandy Hook tragedy in a different perspective for him. Being a father does that for you, I know it did for me. No matter what happens with his career as a Titan down the line, I like guys like CJ (and Edge). They look like society's image of the "thug", but they are far from it.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
CJ does have a bad rep around the league for whatever reason. I guess because he's cocky. But he's never been a bad guy off the field. Stays out of trouble, helps charities, does things like this, etc.

Really? I've never thought CJ was cocky about anything. Other than trying to hold out for that contract and then underperforming like a braindead RB for 2 seasons I've got nothing against the guy.

He also gained some respect for me in light of the Newton shooting, for wearing shoes with the victims names on it and then scoring a TD.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Has anybody ever said he's a thug, though? He doesn't get a lot of camera time because nobody can tell what he's saying and he doesn't project the desired image, but I'm not sure anybody (in print or on tv, anyway) has said the guy is a thug.

Not in print or tv, I suppose, but plenty of FF members have. It's just judgement based on his dreads, his manner of speech, his teeth, and his (admittedly hilarious) Twitter account, among other things.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
PFT would never run this article though. Scumbags.

"Also Iím actually proud of PFT for posting this. For years you guys have seemed EXTREMELY anti CJ and I had been telling people you would never post a story that shed CJ in a positive light like this. Iím pleasantly surprised."

That's you!!! lol

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
I wonder though if it is possible to understand anything he says on the phone. Laughing

I was really trying not to make that joke myself. Smile

Father: "Uh, huh. Ok. Thanks for calling. Bye."
Mother: "How sweet. Who was that?"
Father: "I have no idea."

The only beef I have with CJ as a person is the cockiness at the end of TD runs. He seems to routinely start celebrating before he crosses the goal line which is humorous right up until he costs us a TD in a big game. I don't care how much you dance or talk - just don't do anything stupid that will hurt the team during a game.

Very nice gesture.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
Obie09

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't done it once in 5 years. Until he does it once I think he can slide there. Not like hes Desean Jackson or something. Wink
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
He hasn't done it once in 5 years. Until he does it once I think he can slide there. Not like hes Desean Jackson or something. Wink

Ehhh, seems he's regularly slowing up or starting to perform a couple yards early. He just hasn't scored as much this year.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:

The only beef I have with CJ as a person is the cockiness at the end of TD runs. He seems to routinely start celebrating before he crosses the goal line which is humorous right up until he costs us a TD in a big game. I don't care how much you dance or talk - just don't do anything stupid that will hurt the team during a game.

As long as he isn't pulling a Trindon Holliday, I like his chances of finishing every score. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Obie09 wrote:

Ehhh, seems he's regularly slowing up or starting to perform a couple yards early. He just hasn't scored as much this year.

Noticed that as well. The TD run against the steelers with Troy nearly swatting the ball remains a firm image for me, and I'm with you on the TR. Thus far he hasn't messed up yet or failed to score... But better safe than sorry.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: