Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Opinion on Giants Offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diehl changes the game plan and it was evident today. One intriguing FA option is Jake Long, but their flexibility cap wise in FA really hinges on the decision with Will Beatty.

Oday Aboushi is a real draft option, quite similar prospect to Beatty. Not as long, which JR puts credence in during the evaluation.

We cannot take for granted Eli's health on a yearly basis. It's time to protect him.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Long is one of the best OTs by far in the game, but the money he is going to command as an FA will be sky high, dont think we can toss the dollars at him he wants with the pending FAs will utlimately to resign. Its an outside chance but were calling things really close and thin if we try to sew him up.

Couple guys good as gone is Osi, Diehl and honestly Andre Brown is a goner sorry another leg injury hes toast and TT is gone too. This may free up some cap space but Jake Long is gonna command a boatload.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:
Jake Long is one of the best OTs by far in the game, but the money he is going to command as an FA will be sky high, dont think we can toss the dollars at him he wants with the pending FAs will utlimately to resign. Its an outside chance but were calling things really close and thin if we try to sew him up.

Couple guys good as gone is Osi, Diehl and honestly Andre Brown is a goner sorry another leg injury hes toast and TT is gone too. This may free up some cap space but Jake Long is gonna command a boatload.

andre brown should be back. he'a a RFA, costs next to nothing and there isn't another back on the roster with the power/ physicality he brings.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

andre brown should be back. he'a a RFA, costs next to nothing and there isn't another back on the roster with the power/ physicality he brings.

Yea broken bones are completely different from ligament damage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of potential FA OTs out there, although most like Ryan Clady and Jermon Bushrod will resign. For discussion purposes, Long, Phil Loadholt, Gosder Cherilus, Andre Smith, Sebastion Vollmer, Sam Baker, Branden Albert, King Dunlap, and former Eagle Winston Justice. A type of player who might be a solid bargain for a possible 1-year prove-it contract like Martellus Bennett is Will Svitek who played well in 2011 alternating with Baker, but missed 2012 with an upper arm injury in camp. He'll be ready for 2012 and could give a buffer with a 2nd Round or so OT. It's possible that one of the others may slip through the cracks. Obviously Beatty at LT is key as he has played well and is a known quantity in the Giants system.
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need another running back to step up and evenly split carries with Ahmad Bradshaw as he's proven that he can't make it through a whole season. Andre Brown needs to come back and needs more opportunities between the 20s given his short-lived success.

And I agree with us needing interior help on the offensive line because we get absolutely zero push for our running backs to have room. Many times Ahmad Bradshaw has to bounce to the outside to try and make a play. We NEED to get back to that north-south running style to wear down defenses. It will also help Cruz and Nick go over the top more.

Diehl needs to be gone. He is not the same player he used to be. I wouldn't mind Locklear coming back on another one-year/one-year with an option. Reese should seriously use some early draft picks to build up that o-line for some long-term talent however. Beatty and Snee have become our central cogs in our o-line, both who are former second-round picks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ if by need you suggest trading/drafting that would be a poor move on our part. Depending on the player we "get" that would influence cap room. I hope we move Brown and Wilson up to "back to back" backs. And leave Ahmad on 3rd down scenarios.

Not a Knicks fan
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
^^ if by need you suggest trading/drafting that would be a poor move on our part. Depending on the player we "get" that would influence cap room. I hope we move Brown and Wilson up to "back to back" backs. And leave Ahmad on 3rd down scenarios.

doesn't this defeat half the reason why we went after Wilson? one of the aspects that makes him dangerous is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. hell, grab an athletic lineman or two and we might even be able to see that play named a "screen" called once in a while.

Wilson was already a willing blocker; now with a full season under him ans shedding the dreaded "rook" scarlet letter, I would expect him to be a coaches option for the backfield next year.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Wilson was already a willing blocker; now with a full season under him ans shedding the dreaded "rook" scarlet letter, I would expect him to be a coaches option for the backfield next year.

Did you SEE him get blown up in pass protection the last two weeks?! Awesome weapon but needs atleast another year before being the full-time starter. If Taylor Lewan is available at our pick in the 1st round, give me him in a heartbeat to shore up the RT position. Otherwise, look for one of the DEs in the 1st since Osi is gone.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

doesn't this defeat half the reason why we went after Wilson? one of the aspects that makes him dangerous is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. hell, grab an athletic lineman or two and we might even be able to see that play named a "screen" called once in a while.

I think Wilson will steal Bradshaw's starting job next season. I think he's gonna make a big jump.

There are a lot of concerns for our football team moving forward. More than I initially thought. DE is now becoming a big concern, with Osi being let go and Tuck turning 65 overnight. CB is always a hotspot and Webster looks shot, and we need a competent RT that can get some push a la McKenzie in his prime.

We can probably find a decent to good RT in free agency, draft a corner or passrusher in the first, then target whichever position doesnt get addressed in the first.

Also, does Martellus Bennett come back? I hope so. I think he was a little up and down but he did enough good things to show he can be a big time weapon.
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:

I'm not suggesting drafting/signing/trading for another running back. Bradshaw needs help and it's essential for Brown and Wilson to step up. I don't think Bradshaw is an every down back.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justinsgiants wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

I'm not suggesting drafting/signing/trading for another running back. Bradshaw needs help and it's essential for Brown and Wilson to step up. I don't think Bradshaw is an every down back.

I agree with you ... but both Brown and Wislon have stepped up. Unfortunately injuries have plagued Brown, and Coughlins no rookie policy is "keeping" him off the field.

Not a Knicks fan
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Diehl remains a huge liability on offense, and Justin Pugh isn't in the mix at Right Tackle. Unseated by Sean Locklear last year, we've reinserted him hoping he has 1 strong year left after restructuring his contract.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
David Diehl remains a huge liability on offense, and Justin Pugh isn't in the mix at Right Tackle. Unseated by Sean Locklear last year, we've reinserted him hoping he has 1 strong year left after restructuring his contract.

Too bad Brewer has been injured all camp and never got a shot. Pugh might start out as an utility OL and move his way in at RT. Another guy hurt by lack of TC reps. Really wished we got that cheap vet OT I suggested. Any possible cut canidates? Even if it goes against my offensive line needing to jell rule.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: