Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL W 16 - Controlling Destiny. thx Ravens!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Around the NFL W 16 - Controlling Destiny. thx Ravens! Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1326/chiefs-defense

Quote:
Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli have both been informed they will be fired at season's end.

Imagine my surprise. Oh, and Atlanta plays Detroit today.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Around the NFL W 16 - Off With His Head! [Chiefs] Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:
Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli have both been informed they will be fired at season's end.

Hasn't happened yet...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113994/article/scott-pioli-romeo-crennel-not-informed-of-chiefs-firing

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Around the NFL W 16 - Off With His Head! [Chiefs] Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Oh, and Atlanta plays Detroit today.

Nope, not until Saturday.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Around the NFL W 16 - Off With His Head! [Chiefs] Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Oh, and Atlanta plays Detroit today.

Nope, not until Saturday.

Whoops! You're right. I was thinking of College Football.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I got Adrian Peterson as my MVP. In a passing league, and being his teams only threat, what he has been able to do is unreal.

Aaron Rodgers as my OPOY. Highest QBR. More TDs and less INTs than Manning. Should be 11-3.

J.J. Watt as my DPOY. No debate here. Same number of sacks as Aldon Smith but from a 3-4 DE position? All I can say is wow.

OROY is RGIII. Not even close.

DROY is Luke Kuechly. Has led the league in tackles most of the year. Always around the ball. 5 PDs 1 INT 3 FUM REC. Phenomenal rookie.

MVP - Peterson
OPOY - Rodgers
DPOY - Watt
OROY - Griffin III
DROY - Keuchly

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
So, I got Adrian Peterson as my MVP. In a passing league, and being his teams only threat, what he has been able to do is unreal.

Aaron Rodgers as my OPOY. Highest QBR. More TDs and less INTs than Manning. Should be 11-3.

J.J. Watt as my DPOY. No debate here. Same number of sacks as Aldon Smith but from a 3-4 DE position? All I can say is wow.

OROY is RGIII. Not even close.

DROY is Luke Kuechly. Has led the league in tackles most of the year. Always around the ball. 5 PDs 1 INT 3 FUM REC. Phenomenal rookie.

MVP - Peterson
OPOY - Rodgers
DPOY - Watt
OROY - Griffin III
DROY - Keuchly

Agree with all of those. The hardest decision for me is MVP. What Manning has done regaining his form back from multiple neck surgeries is amazing. But, coming back from an ACL tear in 9 months (which is about the average) and performing at an ALL-TIME high level in the National Football League at the position that takes the most pounding of any position in the sport is astounding. He gets the nod from me.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give the offensive rookie of the year to Luck. Both he & RG3 are amazing, but Luck has been asked to do more with less. The Colts were terrible last year & will make the playoffs this year.
matt79511

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree with ARod as OPOY. How could it not be Megatron or AP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russel Wilson for offensive rookie of the year. The guy was going to be a back up and beat out a high priced free agent and a veteran QB to bring the sea chickens into a Wild Card slot.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:

Well, I gave AP the MVP, which is more prestigious, and I was trying not to duplicate names. Calvin Johnson was 3rd for me for OPOY, so if it's not Rodgers then it's Manning. Johnson has put up solid yardage, but he only has 5 TDs. Don't get me wrong, he is doing great, just not as great as Manning or Rodgers IMO.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrassyKnoll wrote:
I have to give the offensive rookie of the year to Luck. Both he & RG3 are amazing, but Luck has been asked to do more with less. The Colts were terrible last year & will make the playoffs this year.

I think it's RGIII and it's not even close. My reasoning:

The Redskins weren't good last year either. They finished 6-10, and would have been 4-12 had the Giants not gone full Eli twice against them before winning the super bowl. That said the Colts were worse. I think RGIII has been asked to do a lot for the Redskins. Seeing that he is a runner and a thrower. He also doesn't have an upper teir WR like Luck does. The position has been a revolving door for RGIII most of the season. The real kicker is RGIIIs 4 INTs compared to Lucks 18. Luck has thrown the ball quite a bit more, and has more passing yards to show for it, but only 2 more TDs. RGIII also has 748 yards on the ground, and 6 TDs. Compared to Lucks 233 yards and 5 TDs. Passing and rushing attempts combined Luck has 153 more than RGIII, but only 561 more total yards. RGIII missed a game on top of that. RGIII could get 561 total yards in a game and a half on like 65 attempts, much less 153. Combine that with the TD/INT ratio and it's easily RGIII.

To me Russell Wilson is 4th, behind the 2 QBs above and Alfred Morris. Regardless of where he was drafted and who was on the depth chart above him, that he beat out. He was put on a team with an amazing defense. Which can be a QBs best friend. He also had Marshawn Lynch behind him. I know Alfred Morris has been great, but he isn't on the same level yet. Wilson has been asked to do the least out of all three QBs. He is just not supposed to lose the game. Luck and RGIII have to win it for their teams.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

Well, I gave AP the MVP, which is more prestigious, and I was trying not to duplicate names. Calvin Johnson was 3rd for me for OPOY, so if it's not Rodgers then it's Manning. Johnson has put up solid yardage, but he only has 5 TDs. Don't get me wrong, he is doing great, just not as great as Manning or Rodgers IMO.

OPOY and MVP have gone to the same player in the past, I'm pretty sure. What Peterson has done this year is nothing short of insane, and I have a much easier time seeing him as OPOY than MVP (since the former has far less to do with team performance than the latter). But, again, he could totally win both.

As for Megatron, I mean, he's on the verge of breaking Rice's single-season receiving yards record. While that one was bound to go down in the pass-happy league, it's still one of the most prestigious records held by maybe the league's finest player, which counts for a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Around the NFL W 16 - Off With His Head! [Chiefs] Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:

Wow, if that happens, it'll be a hell of a season for those guys. Their team sucks, they witnessed a player commit suicide and then they get fired. That's rough.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.

Last edited by htfryar on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

OPOY and MVP have gone to the same player in the past, I'm pretty sure. What Peterson has done this year is nothing short of insane, and I have a much easier time seeing him as OPOY than MVP (since the former has far less to do with team performance than the latter). But, again, he could totally win both.

As for Megatron, I mean, he's on the verge of breaking Rice's single-season receiving yards record. While that one was bound to go down in the pass-happy league, it's still one of the most prestigious records held by maybe the league's finest player, which counts for a lot.

Yeah, the award can go to the same player. That's just something I was doing. I gave the MVP to the guy I thought was the most valuable player. Not to whos team was doing better.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Johnson is a monster.

It's a shame he's the only reliable player on the Lions

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: