Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chung vs Gregory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Chung vs Gregory Reply with quote

Who you starts the playoffs? i think Chung fits better next to Mccourty. He's not great at coverage, but he's probably one of the best tackler's on the team and can become a very good tone setter (the hit he put on Nicks in the super bowl). While Gregory really not great at coverage he bite's on the play fake every time is a little better than a healthy chung is but probably the worst tackler in the secondary.
Jmacz008

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Chung vs Gregory Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
Who you starts the playoffs? i think Chung fits better next to Mccourty. He's not great at coverage, but he's probably one of the best tackler's on the team and can become a very good tone setter (the hit he put on Nicks in the super bowl). While Gregory really not great at coverage he bite's on the play fake every time is a little better than a healthy chung is but probably the worst tackler in the secondary.

I've been thinking the same thing the last few weeks, at least split them 50/50 at this point. Gregory's good, but I don't think he's much better, if better then Chung at all. I think Gregory may be getting the nod more because our LBers can't really cover, so putting Chung in is kinda pointless.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Chung vs Gregory Reply with quote

Jmacz008 wrote:
Gregory's good

Why do people keep perpetuating this myth?

Gregory is pretty damn bad.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you combined their best traits, you'd still have a pretty mediocre safety.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
If you combined their best traits, you'd still have a pretty mediocre safety.

I don't even know what Chung and Gregory's best traits would be at this point. Chung can hit hard sometimes. Gregory isn't always confused as to where to be. That's the best I can come up with....
_Oypus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory's got an obvious weakness he hasn't fixed. Chung's got a different weakness he hasn't fixed.

Gregory's made some good plays this year, Chung's made some good plays in past years.

I really cannot believe how far back Chung's gone, really. Seemed like he actually was going to be a good player two years ago. At this point...Tavon Wilson? I dunno. Seems like a tough choice that will in some way be bad and can be criticized either way, which maybe makes it a choice Belichick and co. won't have to worry about, really.
Jmacz008

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Chung vs Gregory Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Jmacz008 wrote:
Gregory's good

Why do people keep perpetuating this myth?

Gregory is pretty damn bad.

I honestly did not mean to call him good, he's adequate at best. And the same goes for Chung.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory isn't really good. He's better in coverage than Chung, but that's about it. I like Chung more back there because he's more physical, sure tackler, and he can play the box to help stop the run.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the 'Vs.' I immediately thought of a wrestling match where both would constantly miss each other when going to grapple or take down and the result would be a tie.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80: All the time
jofos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung by TKO in round 3. If it goes longer they both get hurt.
Canton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A completely healthy or 95% Chung as long as he can stay on the field, can be just as good as anybody in my opinion. Don't let him fool you, he can cover very well and not just hit. I remember in the Monday Night game against Miami back in 2010, he had like 2 kick blocks, a punt block and like a pair of INTs. He can be that type of player, just could never stay on the field long enough. But I can feel that is about to change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: