Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Jennings possibility?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Greg Jennings possibility? Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113506/article/greg-jennings-doesnt-see-a-packers-return-in-2013

I'm sure I'm get a bevy of "no's" on this topic, but it has to at least be considered? Right?
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we can dream right? Smitty-Jennings-Olsen-LaFell-Whoever is at RB next year. Ace Boogie won't have time to run with all those weapons.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'd need to break the bank for him. If it's not cost prohibitive, I wouldn't have a problem bringing him in.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
panattack86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he will cost to much money. The only way this happens is if dwill restructures and is traded. stewarts, smitty, gross, and gambles contracts next year arent team friendly at all
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless he comes cheap, which he wont, i say no. he's solid but he's gettin older and IMO would be an expensive, injury prone stop gap. His injuries this year might drop his price tag but not much. I'd rather draft someone or throw some money at bowe (if he's around the same price)

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he provides any value for the Panthers. If we want to find Smitty's replacement, we need to look at someone younger.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a possibility but I think he'll cost too much. His playoff experience would be amazing though. Bowe is my choice, but he can't offer that leadership like Jennings. Not sure how much I like his health, though. I might be misinformed but I feel like Jennings being injured is common.

Bowe is the prototype receiver for this offense. The redzone offense would get a lot better with him.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings might be the right kind of signing for us. He's a damn good receiver. Young enough to contribute for a while but not too young to inhibit the development of LaFell and Gettis.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both Bowe and Jennings hit FA, and Bowe should be our number 1 priority if we have the cap space.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Hurney regime, it was easy to brush off the free agency prospects. The philosophy was to build during the draft and only sign a depth guy or two. Until the next GM is officially announced, I'm not ready to dismiss the idea of going after Jennings, Bowe or any other projected target. The cap situation is the big factor, with the contracts given out after the lockout was lifted. I am on the side of upgrading the defense before adding more weapons to the offense. However, if you put up 7 points on every possession, you can make up for some holes in the defense. I, for one, am truly excited and anxious to see the directions this front office takes this offseason.
CaptainCharisma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind bringing Jennings in opposite of Steve. Have alot of 4 WR sets with Smith, Jennings, LaFell and either Murphy/Gettis. I wouldnt break the bank for him but 5 year 40 millish wouldnt be too bad.

Something is going to happen with the RBs whether someone is cut, traded or restructured. We will have money to spend and fill other holes in the draft. Give Cam the best option to succeed, hes going to carry this team.

Thanks to Kiltman
hudson3010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan

Age, money and position considered

Championship teams are buit IMO on great qbs and defense, having a great receiving group does not improve the team much more than having a good one

I'm in favor to break the bank only fors qb or defensive cornerstones, and we are already set at qb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with the comment above Bowe over Jennings. bigger threat in redzone, will put smith in single coverage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want a packer though, id rather have finely. id love to have two TE. two TE is huge in NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
if you want a packer though, id rather have finely. id love to have two TE. two TE is huge in NFL.

Totally agree with the twin TE idea but I don't want Finely. He isn't great as a blocker and drops passes. Olsen is already the pass catching TE, I think we need a guy who is a good blocker and shallow threat like Shockey was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: