Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OC Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
No OC would be good with Tebow, Sanchez, no WRs and no RBs. FACT.
No doubt. We need an identity sooooo bad. I'm so tired of hearing this ground and pound [inappropriate/removed].

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
No OC would be good with Tebow, Sanchez, no WRs and no RBs. FACT.

True but hes still got to go. I dont want a new QB under Tony Sparanos tutelage.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Mattmanz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if ken wisenhunt was fired by Arizona and was willing to come to New York as OC. Thoughts?
Jamison.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattmanz wrote:
What if ken wisenhunt was fired by Arizona and was willing to come to New York as OC. Thoughts?
Good call, didn't even think about him. He's definitely someone I'd love to go after. If we did end up getting him, I'd probably be in favor of draft a 1st Round QB. Most likely Tyler Wilson. Although I'd love Tyler Bray in the 2nd.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
To be honest I didnt mind sporano I think he was handed a bad QB, a Bad set of WRs, meh RBs, and a terrible OL. The OL has looked leaps and bounds better and everything else is still anemic. I don't know if Tebow was his move and if it was he should be gone based on that but if Woody wanted Tebow then I have no problem with giving him another year.

If we do change I want Norv not Hue.
The problem with Sparano isn't that he's a bad coach or even a poor play caller. We need someone who can draft and develop some talent and while I believe he can do that for the OL, I'm not sure he can do that for any other area on offense.

Nah he is a bad coach. He think a power running scheme is the only way to go and makes no adjustments.

That's the problem if anyone thinks a great running game is gonna win you games there is an issue. Just look at AP he is the best of the best and they don't stand a chance even if they make the playoffs. We need a competent passing game that can play by itself if the running game is faltering. It doesn't have to be a great passing team but enough to establish a lead or fight back from a deficit.

49ers, Seahawks, Texans, Redskins (although they are a bit different from the rest) are all run heavy teams. The difference is they have variety in their running games. 49ers have Frank Gore a power back and Hunter a change of pace back. Washington has Morris who runs between the tackles and RG3 who can run it to the outside. Texans have Foster who has run real balance, can run it up the gut or kick it outside, it spreads out the box.

We just run it up the middle between the tackles, no counters or deceptive runs just smash mouth power running.
Where is the personnel to run anything besides between the tackle runs? Shonn Greene is one dimensional and Powell certainly isn't a speed back. Joe McKnight? You trust that guy to not fumble the ball out of the backfield? I don't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattmanz wrote:

I like that idea. Someone who has called offensive plays before. He could bring the "ground & pound" scheme to life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
I'm so torn about Rex right now. I just can't wait to find out if he's staying or going.

I like Rex. I think he can be a good coach, but that should not be with this team. He will probably have a lot of success with another team, but the Jets need to start fresh now.
I think Woody sticks with him for another year if he promises to focus on offense more than D this year.

We all know Rex can coach, this is true. What has killed me is that he has coached some great games, but then we have had quite a handful of games where our team just gets blown out of the water. That's what worries me, is that the players have already stopped listening to him.

I think he deserves one more shot, if only because I hate changing coaches every 4 years with the same results every time. But Tanny and our FO needs an overhaul. Unacceptable that all the moves have resulted in this abysmal season.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Jets' firing of OC Sparano 'imminent' http://dlvr.it/2hTJ8X

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Jets' firing of OC Sparano 'imminent' http://dlvr.it/2hTJ8X

Very Happy
Now we need teh Chargers to fire Norv Turner and we'll be in business.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I feel bad for Ryan is because I feel like so much of this stuff is forced upon him, but he still shows support or takes unnecessary blame because he's learning that he has to be "the guy" accountable as head coach.

As much as I feel Sparano's scheme can work with the right players, we all knew he had little experience as a play caller/passing game coordinator.

I'm really not sure who makes the calls, but to me it seems like Rex is in a power-struggle with Tannenbaum and Johnson. Based on reports, Tannenbaum had his hands all over hiring Sparano and Rex 'bought in' because of similar philosophies. Tannenbaum is a Bill Parcells "disciple" so it makes sense. Then fast forward to the Tebow move. According to reports the Jets never actively dove into the idea of it until Tannenbaum brought up the possibility to Woody, and his eyes turned green.

Though Rex is ousted by the media as a "defensive-only" coach, most NFL head coaches are the same way... there aren't many coaches that are able to micromanage both. Knowing that Rex specializes in defense, the front office needs to go out and find guys that can fix the problem, not hire/maintain buddies. Look at Cincinnati. Sure Mike Brown has made plenty of mistakes as owner/president, but they held onto Marvin Lewis (a defensive guy) and brought in a young up-and-coming coach in Jay Gruden to re-build their offense and they've improved ever since. When it was evident that Kubiak couldn't control a defensive unit, Houston brought in Wade Phillips and the team has soared.

I'm not going to blame the FO completely because part of it is Rex. He's not an offensive guru thus he should not be demanding how he wants his offense to be structured. He wants the Jets offense to protect the ball and avoid turnovers... let the OC handle the rest.

The bottom line is the Front Office needs to be able to offer Rex personel (players and coaches) from a football prospective, but we don't have a football guy for a GM and our owner [used to] back Tannenbaum's decisions because he trusts him as a business man, creating this serious power-struggle between the coach and management. From what we know Rex had his hands all over the signing of new defensive line coach Karl Dunbar and the drafting of Muhammad Wilkerson/Quinton Coples. Good for him because all seem to be heading in the right direction. The problem is, and always has been, offense. Rex needs to have someone above him whom can make football decisions to help Rex build his team. As we've said Rex doesn't know the X's and O's of the offensive game too well, which is where a seasoned football-mind as a GM can help by finding the right offensive talent to put on the field while Rex focuses on coaching the defense and managing the team.
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

Just curious did you see the Norv Turner led offense yesterday? Was it the 223 total yards or the 2-12 3rd down that was so impressive? If you didn't have a walking sack QB yesterday those numbers would probably be worse.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Just curious did you see the Norv Turner led offense yesterday? Was it the 223 total yards or the 2-12 3rd down that was so impressive? If you didn't have a walking sack QB yesterday those numbers would probably be worse.
Last time I checked, the offensive coordinator calls the plays, not the head coach. He was the OC on two championships cowboys team in the early 90's and on top of that, a lot of people said he was key in Aikman's development.
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Last time I checked, the offensive coordinator calls the plays, not the head coach. He was the OC on two championships cowboys team in the early 90's and on top of that, a lot of people said he was key in Aikman's development.

I don't know what's worse. Not knowing that Norv Turner calls the plays or thinking a guy who's biggest feat is having a top offense for an offense full of hall of famers 20 years ago will save your offense. Either way doubt he'd come here, which IMO you should be happy about. He's terribly overrated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Yea Norv's luster certainly has fallen off a bit. I think we're so starved for some kind of offensive performance we'll take just about anything.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't wanna hear this ground and pound mess

I want to establish a new identity and I want Woody to step back and mind his business

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: