Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OC Targets
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: OC Targets Reply with quote

Assuming Rex is brought back.. do you think we pursue a new OC? Tony Sparano was god awful this year. Absolutely terrible hire. He showed no creativity, we saw no players develop in any sort of manner underneath him, and the results on the field speak for themselves. Rex is committing HC suicide if he keeps this guy on the staff. Rex needs to learn from his mistakes and just COME TO TERMS with the fact it was a bad hire. Don't be loyal and give Tony another year, it will only get you fired.

That being said, who do you guys like to bring in as OC? Jay Gruden is my ideal target but I see no reason why he would make a lateral move, he will pursue a HC gig. I really want Norv Turner, it'd be an injustice to the Chargers if he weren't fired. But Rex had to run his mouth last year, so that bridge may be burned. Realistically, Id bring in Hue Jackson.

Do you guys think we'll get a new OC if Rex stays? And if so, who do you want?
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue Jackson is the best, most realistic option.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft a QB, I don't want Hue Jackson. His specialty is with RBs and WRs. He doesn't have much experience training QBs.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Jet Life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
If we draft a QB, I don't want Hue Jackson. His specialty is with RBs and WRs. He doesn't have much experience training QBs.

Disagree.

Carson Palmer had his best years when Hue was in Cincy. Heck, he even made Jason Campbell look more than competent before he got hurt.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I wanted Hue or Norv Turner, this year I want Hue or Norv Turner. I'm also going to add Kyle Shanahan to the list but I doubt he is going to come to the Jets as a Coordinator position.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Last year I wanted Hue or Norv Turner, this year I want Hue or Norv Turner. I'm also going to add Kyle Shanahan to the list but I doubt he is going to come to the Jets as a Coordinator position.

Yeah same here, but I dont want Shanahan as a HC. Hes 32, hes not ready.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this I literally just lol'd. If any of us last season said Schotty would be a better option at OC than whoever the new guy is, we would of been laughed at. Only the Jets. Just goes to show you how clueless Rex Ryan really is about offense.

I cannot believe we did worse than Schottenheimer.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Thinking about this I literally just lol'd. If any of us last season said Schotty would be a better option at OC than whoever the new guy is, we would of been laughed at. Only the Jets. Just goes to show you how clueless Rex Ryan really is about offense.

I cannot believe we did worse than Schottenheimer.

I was just thinking this today lol. Sparano is much worse. At least Schotty stepped it up come playoff time and drew up some good gameplans. Sparano looks as if hes never been an OC ever before...oh wait, thats because he hasn't, only the jets.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Sparano is even that bad, I just think he's completely mishandled the Tebow situation....and the development of the offenses has stagnated. How do you have so many garbage WRs on one team? Are we just not paying attention to the PS or are we not putting them in situations to succeed? Is the problem of separation all route running or is it poor play design? Idk....

None of this is to say I want Sparano back...this team needs a better offensive mind. Hue Jackson is the best candidate if he's interested.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

You stay away from him! He's coming to Baltimore dammit!

But this would be a hell of a hire if the Jets got Hue.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I don't think Sparano is even that bad, I just think he's completely mishandled the Tebow situation....and the development of the offenses has stagnated. How do you have so many garbage WRs on one team? Are we just not paying attention to the PS or are we not putting them in situations to succeed? Is the problem of separation all route running or is it poor play design? Idk....

None of this is to say I want Sparano back...this team needs a better offensive mind. Hue Jackson is the best candidate if he's interested.

I agree, I don't think Sparano is really that bad. But our personnel at WR and QB has just been bare this year. And our OL has played better, but even there we need upgrades.

We need a true offensive overhaul. Not just a change in OC will do. We need to just reboot the offensive side of the ball. Rex and the D will be ok, but we have neglected the O for far too long.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:

Disagree.

Carson Palmer had his best years when Hue was in Cincy. Heck, he even made Jason Campbell look more than competent before he got hurt.

Except Hue was the WRs coach when Palmer had his best season. He didn't coach up Palmer.

And Jason Campbell looked competent because McFadden and the Raiders had a fantastic run game, which is where Hue Jackson specializes. Even Mark Sanchez looked competent with a good running game.

I want a coach who specializes in coaching QBs so we can finally have a good QB in the ever more so passing league.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
skrILL wrote:

You stay away from him! He's coming to Baltimore dammit!

But this would be a hell of a hire if the Jets got Hue.

To bad, we are taking him. Twisted Evil

He would be a good hire. Wouldn't mind Hue coming at all.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv Turner is a realistic option. I think this one has a chance of being true.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Norv Turner is a realistic option. I think this one has a chance of being true.
I was reading something by Cimini where it said Norv and Rex are actually friends and that little spat they had means nothing. I'd love to see Norv here.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: