Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Minnesota Vikings (8-6) @ Houston Texans (12-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this weekend?
JJ Watt
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Adrian Peterson
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Anybody else.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I didn't realize robison was out, that probably swings the dl into our favour.

Schaub is just going to have to keep his head on a bigger swivel. Griffen is twice the pass rusher that Robison was. He's just not as good against the run as Robison.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-MI3srSqw

Get used to it on Sunday Wink

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:

Anyone know what's the biggest difference between 09 and now? Besides having one of the worst D's of all time in 09.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Yfz01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Schaub is just going to have to keep his head on a bigger swivel. Griffen is twice the pass rusher that Robison was. He's just not as good against the run as Robison.

Haha this is not true.

Robison > Griffen. Robison and Griffen >>> just Griffen. That being said, it appears that Robison will attempt to play even with the injury. Not sure how effective he will be.

Lil Uno with the sig.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:

Anyone know what's the biggest difference between 09 and now? Besides having one of the worst D's of all time in 09.

Yeah. And?

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Texans are going to dominate this game. Don't get me wrong, I like the Vikings and think they have the foundation of a GREAT team (and I might be the only person on the planet who still thinks Christian Ponder is going to be a good QB), but the Texans have everything on the line in this game.

I won't be surprised if Peterson is held under 100 yards in this game. Our ILBs can't cover, but they can stop the run.

I think this could be a huge momentum-builder for the Texans - something in the order of 45-10.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Haha this is not true.

Robison > Griffen. Robison and Griffen >>> just Griffen. That being said, it appears that Robison will attempt to play even with the injury. Not sure how effective he will be.

Robison is not the pass rusher Griffen is. I don't know what games you're watching. Griffen is only 2.5 sacks away from what Robison has despite playing far less than than Robison has.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I think the Texans are going to dominate this game. Don't get me wrong, I like the Vikings and think they have the foundation of a GREAT team (and I might be the only person on the planet who still thinks Christian Ponder is going to be a good QB), but the Texans have everything on the line in this game.

I won't be surprised if Peterson is held under 100 yards in this game. Our ILBs can't cover, but they can stop the run.

I think this could be a huge momentum-builder for the Texans - something in the order of 45-10.

I am in that camp also. I was a huge fan of Ponder when he came out of FSU. I think this game is going to be closer than you think though. Both teams are playing for something and it's going to come to down to who wants it more. If we can stop AD we will win.

It won't be 45-10, but I can see something like 24-20.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Haha this is not true.

Robison is not the pass rusher Griffen is. I don't know what games you're watching. Griffen is only 2.5 sacks away from what Robison has despite playing far less than than Robison has.

Robison gets a ridiculous amount of pressures, and 2.5 is not a small number when it comes to sacks. Griffen had almost a whole game to show what he could do in the starting role, against a mediocre tackle (that Robison got a sack against on the first series) and he did nothing. He hit the QB once during a screen, and he got that beatiful interception, but he wasn't getting any pressure. He's an asset to this defensive line for sure, and a great backup, but he's a backup for a reason.

Lil Uno with the sig.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys with work being so busy and the holiday season i haven't had chance to finish this.

Will make it prettier tomorrow!

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:

Yeah. And?

The DPOY, Mr. JJ Watt who has 84 plays resulting in a zero or negative yard loss.

Also Alan Ball has been officially ruled out, and Brooks Reed will start at OLB.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of trash talking going on with Minnesota

Quote:
It's the NFL's fourth-best rushing offense vs. the No. 5-ranked run defense, one that has allowed the league's fewest touchdowns on the ground (three). The Vikings are ready, said right guard Brandon Fusco.

"We've seen every look -- eight-, nine-man fronts. Whatever they throw at us, we're going to be able to block it," said Fusco, who, along with backup Geoff Schwartz, will match up against Watt. "He's special. Probably the best we're going to see. But we're ready to get after him. It's a fun challenge for us. Go out there, be physical with him and do what we like to do best: run the football right down his throat, basically."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22234559/vikings-plan-j-j-watt-run-football-right

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
a lot of trash talking going on with Minnesota

Quote:
It's the NFL's fourth-best rushing offense vs. the No. 5-ranked run defense, one that has allowed the league's fewest touchdowns on the ground (three). The Vikings are ready, said right guard Brandon Fusco.

"We've seen every look -- eight-, nine-man fronts. Whatever they throw at us, we're going to be able to block it," said Fusco, who, along with backup Geoff Schwartz, will match up against Watt. "He's special. Probably the best we're going to see. But we're ready to get after him. It's a fun challenge for us. Go out there, be physical with him and do what we like to do best: run the football right down his throat, basically."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22234559/vikings-plan-j-j-watt-run-football-right

Fran Tarkenton was apparently deriding us quite a bit on the radio the other day.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Tarkenton is a bit of a nut, i wouldnt take what he has to say with much seriousness.
texandominance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:

I am in that camp also. I was a huge fan of Ponder when he came out of FSU. I think this game is going to be closer than you think though. Both teams are playing for something and it's going to come to down to who wants it more. If we can stop AD we will win.

It won't be 45-10, but I can see something like 24-20.

Watching every Vikings game for the last few years, I still like Ponder. His decision making has to improve for him to be a good QB, but if he had a few weapons on offense outside of AP, he'd be much better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: