Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
That's not at all how you create a big board. You create a big board based off of how you view players. If you view Ogletree as a 1st round pick then you put him down as a 1st round pick. If you have him as a 2nd you put him as a 2nd. You don't create a big board based off of your assumptions of how other teams view a player.

I disagree…IMO you have to have every eventuality covered…you have to have a general big board of where you feel guys rank…personally I feel there will be plenty of teams who do view him as a 1st round pick at this point…then you have to have a big board based on your beliefs of who the best players are then one consisting of positional need vs. BPA…I always feel the more info you can compile the better a decision you can make…for example I remember watching a video about the Giants draft last season because Marc Ross was in the frame to be our new GM and I wanted to see how the guy worked and the Giants had 4 white boards going on how players were being viewed.

This would be correct.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
That's not at all how you create a big board. You create a big board based off of how you view players. If you view Ogletree as a 1st round pick then you put him down as a 1st round pick. If you have him as a 2nd you put him as a 2nd. You don't create a big board based off of your assumptions of how other teams view a player.

I disagree…IMO you have to have every eventuality covered…you have to have a general big board of where you feel guys rank…personally I feel there will be plenty of teams who do view him as a 1st round pick at this point…then you have to have a big board based on your beliefs of who the best players are then one consisting of positional need vs. BPA…I always feel the more info you can compile the better a decision you can make…for example I remember watching a video about the Giants draft last season because Marc Ross was in the frame to be our new GM and I wanted to see how the guy worked and the Giants had 4 white boards going on how players were being viewed.
I understand what you'r saying. But that's not a "big board". Teams don't list all players. Of course all teams have an understanding of other teams needs and top players at positions and scheme fit that they don't want. I think we may just be splitting hairs though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: