Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VeniceBearsFan


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 2332
Location: Venice, Florida
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Latest Mock Draft Reply with quote

1st Round: Center Barret Jones, Alabama

We need to go back to the drawing board on the oline completely. Offensively we have all the needs at the skill positions filled (save for a tight end). Now we need to protect our investments. Jones is a durable, do-it all lineman that is a true center and can come in day one and start for years to come.

2nd Round: Linebacker Alexander Ogletree, Georgia

If you want good players draft guys from the SEC. Ogletree has the right build for a 4-3 scheme and can read offenses very well. He was originated recruited as a safety (like another MLB I know) and I think can be a replacement to Urlacher

4th Round: Guard Omoregie Uzzi, Goergia Tech

Not going to find too many good tackles this late, but there are plenty of goo guards and we can't build a big house on a strong foundation; have to solidy the interior of the line. Uzzi can compliment Louis and is a tough, physical run blocker that was highly sought after in high school. With him diggin in next to jones we can establish a strong running game and take pressure off of cutler.

5th Round:BPA
6th Round: BPA
7th Round: BPA

I totally anticipate the bears going after a TE in free agency, whether it's keller or crick (that TE from the titans I think that's his name. He had a nice diving catch against us when we played them but it was ruled out of bounds.)

I think just adding Jones and Uzzi greatly impacts our team and could be that extra "push" (see what I did there?) we need to get to a superbowl
_________________
ADOPT A BEAR= SHEA McCLELLIN

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5420
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mock hates me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#22dabears


Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 360
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this approach. I don't know how good that center of yours is, since I don't watch much college football, but I would be happy to see us target the interior of the O-line in the draft. To me, addressing the interior of the OL is the priority here (even if we're not in the best of shape at T), because we just can't get any push down the middle and we just can't draw up every run to be behind Louis... too predictable.

C in the first round, then LB, followed by G, would make plenty of sense to me if we were to target a TE in free agency. I like it. Here's hoping Emery has something similar in mind.
_________________

sig by chisoxguy7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22525
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sold on Jones in the 1st round at all…think he has reached his ceiling…Ogletree that late I would be willing to take a chance but there are some LBs I like more…Uzzi is a guy I think would be great if we went to ZB.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VeniceBearsFan


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 2332
Location: Venice, Florida
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.
_________________
ADOPT A BEAR= SHEA McCLELLIN

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22525
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#22dabears


Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 360
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.
_________________

sig by chisoxguy7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5420
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.
So Jones is a pro bowl RT and potential LT...... I kid I kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22525
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#22dabears wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.


The guys I would consider in the 1st round amongst the interior Olinemen & LBs are…

OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia

If it were a big board of these guys I would go…

MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5420
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
#22dabears wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.


The guys I would consider in the 1st round amongst the interior Olinemen & LBs are…

OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia

If it were a big board of these guys I would go…

MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia
you would take a chance on Ogletree in the late 2nd but you would spend a 1st on him as well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22525
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
#22dabears wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.


The guys I would consider in the 1st round amongst the interior Olinemen & LBs are…

OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia

If it were a big board of these guys I would go…

MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia
you would take a chance on Ogletree in the late 2nd but you would spend a 1st on him as well?


I wouldn't no...like I said before I would take a chance on him in the 2nd...but if you are making up a big board then he is a viable option because of his triangle numbers to be a 1st round pick by someone.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5420
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
#22dabears wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.


The guys I would consider in the 1st round amongst the interior Olinemen & LBs are…

OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia

If it were a big board of these guys I would go…

MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia
you would take a chance on Ogletree in the late 2nd but you would spend a 1st on him as well?


I wouldn't no...like I said before I would take a chance on him in the 2nd...but if you are making up a big board then he is a viable option because of his triangle numbers to be a 1st round pick by someone.
what you're saying doesn't make sense. You said you would consider him in round 1 and that there are other LBs you like more when he's a 2nd round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22525
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
#22dabears wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.


The guys I would consider in the 1st round amongst the interior Olinemen & LBs are…

OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia

If it were a big board of these guys I would go…

MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia
you would take a chance on Ogletree in the late 2nd but you would spend a 1st on him as well?


I wouldn't no...like I said before I would take a chance on him in the 2nd...but if you are making up a big board then he is a viable option because of his triangle numbers to be a 1st round pick by someone.
what you're saying doesn't make sense. You said you would consider him in round 1 and that there are other LBs you like more when he's a 2nd round pick.


No I'm saying I suspect some teams in the NFL will see him as a 1st round pick...not including him would be like not having any QBs on your big board because you are set at the position...if you think that teams will value him as a 1st round pick then you have to include him on your big board or it will be thrown out of whack.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5420
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
#22dabears wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm pretty high on jones I think he is a day one starter and has potential to get even better. He's already fundamentally sound so all he needs to do is add some strength and master reading defenses and he can be a good center for us for a long time.


The problem with Jones is I think many of us said the same about Carimi...Jones would be a good centre but I'm not sure he could ever be an elite one and picking interior Olinemen in the 20s that is what we should be looking for.


Pardon my ignorance on the subject but who are the top LB and interior OL and where would you grade them ? I'd like us to hit both positions in the first few rounds.


The guys I would consider in the 1st round amongst the interior Olinemen & LBs are…

OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia

If it were a big board of these guys I would go…

MLB…Manti Te’o…Notre Dame
OG…Chance Warmack…Alabama
OG…Jonathan Cooper…North Carolina
MLB…Kevin Minter…LSU
MLB…C.J Mosley…Alabama
MLB…Alec Ogletree…Georgia
you would take a chance on Ogletree in the late 2nd but you would spend a 1st on him as well?


I wouldn't no...like I said before I would take a chance on him in the 2nd...but if you are making up a big board then he is a viable option because of his triangle numbers to be a 1st round pick by someone.
what you're saying doesn't make sense. You said you would consider him in round 1 and that there are other LBs you like more when he's a 2nd round pick.


No I'm saying I suspect some teams in the NFL will see him as a 1st round pick...not including him would be like not having any QBs on your big board because you are set at the position...if you think that teams will value him as a 1st round pick then you have to include him on your big board or it will be thrown out of whack.
That's not at all how you create a big board. You create a big board based off of how you view players. If you view Ogletree as a 1st round pick then you put him down as a 1st round pick. If you have him as a 2nd you put him as a 2nd. You don't create a big board based off of your assumptions of how other teams view a player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22525
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
That's not at all how you create a big board. You create a big board based off of how you view players. If you view Ogletree as a 1st round pick then you put him down as a 1st round pick. If you have him as a 2nd you put him as a 2nd. You don't create a big board based off of your assumptions of how other teams view a player.


I disagree…IMO you have to have every eventuality covered…you have to have a general big board of where you feel guys rank…personally I feel there will be plenty of teams who do view him as a 1st round pick at this point…then you have to have a big board based on your beliefs of who the best players are then one consisting of positional need vs. BPA…I always feel the more info you can compile the better a decision you can make…for example I remember watching a video about the Giants draft last season because Marc Ross was in the frame to be our new GM and I wanted to see how the guy worked and the Giants had 4 white boards going on how players were being viewed.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group