Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Quarterback Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has become the Mike Glennon love thread?
Applause
Dude's gonna be amazing.

I hate the Jaguars
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon has a lot of talent. He needs to work a lot on his decision making.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres only 3 guys in this draft that have potential and they are, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray. They are the only guys that can be stars in the nfl. Quit it with the Nassib and Dysert talk they are not going to be good. I do not like Geno at all either.

Wilson, Glennon, Bray should be the guys we are eyeing. So start getting use to them. One of them will be a jet.
bzane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

Worst case scenario we absolutely suck next year, get a high draft pick and have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater, who is already one of the top prospects I've ever covered. So that would be one positive out of another 4-12 season.

Bilgewater would be a great fit in New York.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

Quote:
@AlfieBCC
Jets are trading Tebow for Alex Smith.

I don't believe that , but this dude's tweet blew up and now everyone is talking about it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Theres only 3 guys in this draft that have potential and they are, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray. They are the only guys that can be stars in the nfl. Quit it with the Nassib and Dysert talk they are not going to be good. I do not like Geno at all either.

Wilson, Glennon, Bray should be the guys we are eyeing. So start getting use to them. One of them will be a jet.
Geno will be a pretty good NFL QB in my opinion, not elite. He's drawing Aaron Brooks comparisons which I can actually see. Brooks had a few good years. One of those QB's that falls in that 8-15 top NFL QB ranges. Not worthy of our first in my opinion.
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

Quote:
@AlfieBCC

I don't believe that , but this dude's tweet blew up and now everyone is talking about it.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

[]_[] Family
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

Quote:
@AlfieBCC

Yeah there's not a snowball's chance that's true. The 49ers aren't nearly dumb enough to do that.

Nonetheless I wouldn't mind bringing in Alex Smith for the right price, 5th/ 6th rounder or so.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd defecate rectangular concrete if the Jets traded Tebow for Smith.

0% chance. Hell, -15%.
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like there will be 3 QBs from this class that go onto be good/successful starting QBs in this league.

In the first round, I think Geno Smith & Mike Glennon will be phenomenal players.

The other guy I think will have a great impact and become an outstanding QB, the steal of the draft, EJ Manuel. He has the arm to make every throw. He has the legs to smoothen out his transition into the NFL. Also, he's a winner. I want EJ Manuel badly, if we cannot get Smith/Glennon in the 1st.

[]_[] Family
Jetcane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
I feel like there will be 3 QBs from this class that go onto be good/successful starting QBs in this league.

In the first round, I think Geno Smith & Mike Glennon will be phenomenal players.

The other guy I think will have a great impact and become an outstanding QB, the steal of the draft, EJ Manuel. He has the arm to make every throw. He has the legs to smoothen out his transition into the NFL. Also, he's a winner. I wanIt EJ Manuel badly, if we cannot get Smith/Glennon in the 1st.

I cant figure out this thing some have with EJ Manuel. Look I have watched most of the games he has played and his career at FSU was underwhelming if not disappointing. Especially when you consider the depth of talent in all positons at FSU. Honestly want no part of this guy. His accuracy is really bad. Makes Sanchez look like Montana.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcane wrote:

I cant figure out this thing some have with EJ Manuel. Look I have watched most of the games he has played and his career at FSU was underwhelming if not disappointing. Especially when you consider the depth of talent in all positons at FSU. Honestly want no part of this guy. His accuracy is really bad. Makes Sanchez look like Montana.

All positions except the offensive line. In 2011 they were downright awful and while better this year, they were still below average; especially on the road.

I'd definitely take a chance on Manuel.

- Cliff Burton
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
Jetcane wrote:

All positions except the offensive line. In 2011 they were downright awful and while better this year, they were still below average; especially on the road.

I'd definitely take a chance on Manuel.

My Late Round QB's who i'd love to grab (5th round or later):
- Matt Scott
- Sean Renfree
- Jordan Rodgers

Other late round guys i'm starting to look at:
- Ryan Griffin: 60% completion at Tulane, very lil tape on him
- Colby Camerson
-Brad Sorenson
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is extremely innaccurate at times, he also fails to make plays under pressure, and fails to find the 2nd reciever after his first read is gone. He also isnt a cold weather guy.... honestly I feel theres not a chance we are interested in him.

Also the only offense he will be successful in, is a spread.

So taking all that into account i think Glennon and Wilson both have accuracy issues at times as well but none of them played with the type of players that Geno did at West Virginia. But then again they all have issues. I just dont see a quarterback on film that arcs over any of the others.

The more and more watch film I see a lot in Landry Jones. I think he would be absolutely perfect in a west coast offense. I think a part of him mentally may be troubling because hes had a history of depression. So that scares me alittle but im very intrigued by him. The best part is, I think we can get him in round 3. I think as a team we bring in a veteran QB and aim at Landry Jones and Sean Renfree late in the draft. We just have to many holes and I feel like Nassib, Glennon, Wilson, and Smith will all be drafted top 45.

I want teams to reach on quarterbacks so that in round 1 we can steal a good player at 9 and steal somebody falling in the 2nd.

Jordan/Moore/Werner at 1

Then if Tavon Austin falls we gotta take him, instant playmaker.

Or take an Ertz or Escobar.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Jordan Rodgers is terrible. I watched some film on him, hes flat out not a good quarterback...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: