Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Quarterback Options
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: 2013 Quarterback Options Reply with quote

Let's make the assumption that the 2013 QB is not on the roster. The organization decides a change is necessary and looks for external options to fill the void.

Prior to considering another option, Mark Sanchez must be Released. He simply does not have trade value at the money he is guaranteed can be separated out over 2 years.

The next necessity is Hiring a Capable Offensive Coordinator.

Current Roster:
Greg McElroy 25- Ethan Lock (Lock, Metz, & Malinvoic)
Mark Sanchez 26- David Dunn (Athletes First)
Tim Tebow 26- Jimmy Sexton (Creative Artists Agency)

Veterans Cut:
Derek Anderson 30 Carolina Panthers- David Dunn (Athletes First)

Matt Cassel 31 Kansas City Chiefs- David Dunn (Athletes First)

Shaun Hill 33 Detroit Lions

Kevin Kolb 29 Arizona Cardinals

Alex Smith 29 San Francisco 49ers- Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency)

Michael Vick 33 Philadelphia Eagles- Joel Segal (Lagardere Unlimited Football)

Charlie Whitehurst 31 San Diego Chargers- Pat Dye Jr (SportsTrust Advisors)

UFA:
Jason Campbell 31 Chicago Bears- Joel Segal (Lagardere Unlimited Football)

Tarvaris Jackson 30 Buffalo Bills- Joel Segal (Lagardere Unlimited Football)

Matt Moore 29 Miami Dolphins- Lynn Lashbrook (SMWW Sports Agency)

Brady Quinn 28 Kansas City Chiefs- Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency)

Drew Stanton 29 Indianapolis Colts- Drew Rosenhaus (Rosenhaus Sports)

Trade Targets:
Kirk Cousins 25 Washington Redskins- Mark Bartelstein- (Priority Sports & Entertainment)

Matt Flynn 28 Seattle Seahawks- Pat Dye Jr (SportsTrust Advisors)

Matt Hasselbeck 37 Tennessee Titans- David Dunn (Athletes First)

Philip Rivera 31 San Diego Chargers- Jimmy Sexton (Creative Artists Agency)

Draft:
Zac Dysert 23 Miami of Ohio

Mike Glennon 24 N.C. State Wolfpack

Tyler Wilson 24 Arkansas Razorbacks- Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency)

Analysis:

Mark Sanchez is represented by David Dunn of Athletes First. Agents rarely replace clients with other clients- It's bad business. That made signing Chad Henne not feasible despite his connection to Tony Sparano. That virtually rules out Derek Anderson, Matt Cassel, & Matt Hasselbeck. The only scenario such a deal would materialize is a Backup Job to Sanchez.

Tim Tebow is represented by CAA. He has already expressed a desire to be traded or released following the season. That makes Alex Smith a logical option to replace Sanchez. The 49ers will release Smith outright- so it will not require draft picks.

I feel the best option is the Draft- Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon provide two Day 1 starters. Wilson is the antithesis of Sanchez- as he returned to Arkansas for his Senior Year and got more experience. He battled adversity amidst a Coaching Change, which would be beneficial given the New York Media.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great analysis. I like smith and Wilson for next year
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn we are screwed.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Imarobot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to hop on the Matt Moore bandwagon I guess. (Or am I starting it?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

Worst case scenario we absolutely suck next year, get a high draft pick and have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater, who is already one of the top prospects I've ever covered. So that would be one positive out of another 4-12 season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

Worst case scenario we absolutely suck next year, get a high draft pick and have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater, who is already one of the top prospects I've ever covered. So that would be one positive out of another 4-12 season.

It's either that or go with Mike Glennon for me. Vick making high demands after getting his [inappropriate/removed] kicked all season. I've never heard of anything like that. Took 7 years, new coaching staff, and a elite defense for Alex smith to become good. Rivers has just as many turnovers the last two years as Sanchez.

Get Glennon this year, or focus on building everything else for the next QB that comes in.

Quote:
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

It's either that or go with Mike Glennon for me. Vick making high demands after getting his [inappropriate/removed] kicked all season. I've never heard of anything like that. Took 7 years, new coaching staff, and a elite defense for Alex smith to become good. Rivers has just as many turnovers the last two years as Sanchez.

Get Glennon this year, or focus on building everything else for the next QB that comes in.

This, although I love Bray and wouldn't be upset with Tyler Wilson either. But I really am high on Glennon and Bray. Toss up for me. I just like that Glennon is bigger (more weight to take hits). Bray has to gain weight. 6'6 218 is way too skinny. Bulk up son.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

This, although I love Bray and wouldn't be upset with Tyler Wilson either. But I really am high on Glennon and Bray. Toss up for me. I just like that Glennon is bigger (more weight to take hits). Bray has to gain weight. 6'6 218 is way too skinny. Bulk up son.

I'm still trying to watch more footage on Bray. I didn't like what I seen from him when he played UGA. He threw the ball like he was about to get hit even though no one was back there.

I know a lot of people won't agree with me now, but I like Glennon more that I like Geno. But I think Glennon can be a great QB with the right surrounding. Strong arm, doesn't lock down on one target every play, speaks with confidence, and great size. Less tipped passes at the line.lol

Quote:
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

I finally gave in to the hype and pulled up tape of Glennon, wow. I've been studying the draft since 2006 and I can only name a few QBs that have made my jaw drop, welcome to the club Mike Glennon. The combination of his size, accuracy, arm strength, toughness, and field vision is one that comes around very rarely. Frankly I'm completely lost as to how he's only starting to gain attention now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

I finally gave in to the hype and pulled up tape of Glennon, wow. I've been studying the draft since 2006 and I can only name a few QBs that have made my jaw drop, welcome to the club Mike Glennon. The combination of his size, accuracy, arm strength, toughness, and field vision is one that comes around very rarely. Frankly I'm completely lost as to how he's only starting to gain attention now.

Hes going to shoot up the board like Joe Flacco. Im hoping he falls to round 2 though. He'll be better than Flacco. Flacco was NOT ready to start in the NFL and honestly is what he is. Glennon is going to be a nice QB in the NFL.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

Hes going to shoot up the board like Joe Flacco. Im hoping he falls to round 2 though. He'll be better than Flacco. Flacco was NOT ready to start in the NFL and honestly is what he is. Glennon is going to be a nice QB in the NFL.

I agree. If we get him. I just hope our new GM build around him correctly.

Quote:
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to draft and develop a QB of the future.

Alex Smith may be the most overrated free agent QB ever since Jim Harbaugh made him look like a competent QB and if he can't produce on a team with an elite offensive line and elite defense with an above average to elite cast at the skill positions, where can he produce at a high level as a starter?
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that thinks Alex Smith is going to come here and play for Sparano half as good as he did under Harbaugh is sorely, sorely, mistaken.
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

I'd take him in the first round. We'll end up being in the middle of the first round and I think that's where he'll end up being projected come April. You can say we need an OLB or an O-Lineman, but if you can get yourself a franchise QB you have to do it. All of your problems seem to solve themselves if you draft the right guy as your signal caller. It's a gamble I'm completely willing to take after watching his film. Dude can flat out play ball.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Damn we are screwed.

I'd take him in the first round. We'll end up being in the middle of the first round and I think that's where he'll end up being projected come April. You can say we need an OLB or an O-Lineman, but if you can get yourself a franchise QB you have to do it. All of your problems seem to solve themselves if you draft the right guy as your signal caller. It's a gamble I'm completely willing to take after watching his film. Dude can flat out play ball.

If we lose out, we should trade down and make that pick. We still need to compile as many picks as possible. I still wish we could take him and round 2 but it might not be possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: