Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Greg Jennings, a Minnesota Viking?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
While I'm still not really in favor of a move, it looks like Jennings would certainly consider coming to Minnesota, if only for 1 reason:

Quote:
The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field is supposed to provide one of the best home-field advantages in sports, especially in January. Unless you're Michael Vick. Or Eli Manning. Or Daunte Culpepper.

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings let out a secret, though. He'd rather play inside.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121498/article/greg-jennings-prefers-indoors-over-lambeau-field

Perhaps you've just got to believe in his smellf?
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Greg Jennings would be the perfect free agent receiver for this team. He's an outstanding route runner, has great hands, is elite after the catch, and he's a true professional. He would be a great veteran to have with our young receivers.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
I still think Greg Jennings would be the perfect free agent receiver for this team. He's an outstanding route runner, has great hands, is elite after the catch, and he's a true professional. He would be a great veteran to have with our young receivers.

I concur! I'd like to see him brought in at the very least, especially if Harvin forces his way out of town.
TxViking28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel hes all but gone from GB after this season

He was very open about wanting to see AD break the record knowing full well it would be against HIS team if it would of happened.

Fox caught a great shot of him talking to AD after the game (Hope he had a little recruitment talk) Laughing

His sister recently just trashed A-Rod over twitter
->> http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/30/nfl-packers-jennings-rodgers/1799451/

What's his situation as far as contract expectations & would we have enough cap room to offer him what he would want?

An offense with Jennings, Percy, Jenkins, Rudolph, AD would be pretty vaunted IMO
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxViking28 wrote:
I feel hes all but gone from GB after this season

He was very open about wanting to see AD break the record knowing full well it would be against HIS team if it would of happened.

Fox caught a great shot of him talking to AD after the game (Hope he had a little recruitment talk) Laughing

His sister recently just trashed A-Rod over twitter
->> http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/30/nfl-packers-jennings-rodgers/1799451/

What's his situation as far as contract expectations & would we have enough cap room to offer him what he would want?

An offense with Jennings, Percy, Jenkins, Rudolph, AD would be pretty vaunted IMO

I agree that Jennings is gone, but that twitter story is media being media. Not a big deal at all. My money is on the dolphins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 22 million to spend on our free agents, outside free agents and draft picks. I would expect Jennings to command a three to four year deal with an AAV of around 7-8M
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he's going to get out of Miami or really how much the guy is going to command, but Brian Hartline would be the WR I'd like to see signed. Ideal bigger body possession guy who can get deep as well.

Jennings is a decent option in my opinion, but I'd be weary of just how well he performs away from elite level talent like Rodgers/Favre.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
We have 22 million to spend on our free agents, outside free agents and draft picks. I would expect Jennings to command a three to four year deal with an AAV of around 7-8M

I think it comes down to JA's contract. If we can get him to restructure, a big if, down to a more manageable 9 Million or so. Then there is the money needed right there.

It helps that Allen has recently said he's enjoyed this year and at this point in his career it should be more about winning than money, but it's rightly his money and he's not in any danger of being cut so it'll be interesting to see how the situation plays out.

If he restructures his deal I'd have to think Jennings would be a realistic target. He's a guy that could really help put this Offense into the next tier, plus it'd allow us to use our first rounder on a CB, LB or DT.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said today he would rather play inside.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party PCP
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Seriously, a dedicated thread to one player who is currently under contract to another team, with no sourced rumours...

looks like it's been a popular one, almost 2500 views of it so far!

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm OK with Jennings but his sister gives me concern. I wouldn't want the distraction.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Seriously, a dedicated thread to one player who is currently under contract to another team, with no sourced rumours...

looks like it's been a popular one, almost 2500 views of it so far!

Very Happy

Not necessarily what I was getting at.
It was moreso, having a thread about 1 WR who is a free agent, with no direct link to MIN. Can't the argument be made about making 5-6 threads about other WRs? Not saying that would be good though.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ oh i know, just yanking your chain.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDog74 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I think it comes down to JA's contract. If we can get him to restructure, a big if, down to a more manageable 9 Million or so. Then there is the money needed right there.

It helps that Allen has recently said he's enjoyed this year and at this point in his career it should be more about winning than money, but it's rightly his money and he's not in any danger of being cut so it'll be interesting to see how the situation plays out.

If he restructures his deal I'd have to think Jennings would be a realistic target. He's a guy that could really help put this Offense into the next tier, plus it'd allow us to use our first rounder on a CB, LB or DT.

We would free up a lot of space if Allen and Peterson where to restructure their contracts.

But at the same time, they aren't wrong if they choose not to. That is there money after all.

Looking at the numbers, do we realistically have enough cap to make 1 or 2 big splashes in Free Agency?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 5 of 42

Jump to: