Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Greg Jennings, a Minnesota Viking?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: WR Greg Jennings, a Minnesota Viking? Reply with quote

possible? not possible?

what's he looking for? respect, a top flight QB, a championship level team? or just money?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guaranteed money.

That's what it's always about.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings, during an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday, talked a little bit about Peterson’s quest to break Eric Dickerson‘s 28-year-old record of 2,105 rushing yards, even admitting he was pulling for the Vikings’ running back.

Jennings: “I want him to do it. It’s impressive to see a player dominate like that. It’s almost devastating if he gets that close and doesn’t get it.”

Jennings’ comments are a clear show of sportsmanship toward Peterson and just go to prove the sort of respect the talented tailback commands.

http://nesn.com/2012/12/adrian-peterson-receives-cheers-from-greg-jennings-as-he-chases-nfl-rushing-record/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Jennings' contract with the Green Bay Packers expires after the season, and he has missed eight games because of injury. He has three regular-season games left to show his stuff to the Packers and 31 other NFL teams that might be interested in the wide receiver's services.

Jennings said he doesn't know of any contract talks between the Packers and his agent.

Jennings: "I don't know, I've seen guys who have been hurt all year come off injuries and get paid. I'm not concerned about it. It's the nature of the game. Has it dipped into my pocket some? Probably. But my resume speaks for itself. What I'm able to do is not going to change."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000111216/article/greg-jennings-needs-to-make-impression-and-fast

if GB lets Jennings walk and he gets a very large contract with someone, then GB would get a reasonably high 2014 comp pick, right?

Webmaster wrote:
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, a dedicated thread to one player who is currently under contract to another team, with no sourced rumours...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Seriously, a dedicated thread to one player who is currently under contract to another team, with no sourced rumours...

??

Jennings is a free agent after the season, putting his Packers future in serious doubt. Jennings was asked if he believed he'd be back in Green Bay.

Jennings: "An educated guess? I'm gonna lean to the 'no' side of it. That's my educated guess, my personal educated guess. ...if I had a choice, me, if it was just my decision, my decision only, absolutely I would be [in GB] in a heartbeat. Wouldn't want to leave at all, but obviously it's two sides, so the Packers are gonna do what's best for them and hopefully I'm what's best. But, if not, then I have 31 other teams that hopefully I can show them my résumé and then walk into the door and start back over."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113506/article/greg-jennings-doesnt-see-a-packers-return-in-2013

i'm just asking for a discussion of whether we'd want him, and whether we stand a good enough chance for him to consider the Vikings. doesn't seem out of sorts to examine the question. we have a thread on just Chris Cook, just Kevin Williams, just Manti Te'o, just Vontaze Burfict, etc...

Webmaster wrote:
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done watching Peterson on ESPN and they played the clip of Jennings. It got me very excited for the Prospect of Jennings in a Vikings uniform with Peterson. Bring Him in!
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Vikings. When healthy he is very good, and he would also provide some positive veteran leadership in the lockerroom. We could certainly do worse.

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With cutting Longwell last offseason, we need to get another former Packer back on this team. Do we even have one now?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a bit puzzled by this. I don't see why the Packers wouldn't extend one of their own if they are indeed going to get rid of Finley.

Unless they keep Finley that is...

Maybe they trade Finley, and re-sign Jennings. He's still better than Jordy Nelson and James Jones. The latter is a system product if there ever was one, and both guys have benefited heavily from the Packers' tendency to pass-pass-pass in the redzone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
I'm still a bit puzzled by this. I don't see why the Packers wouldn't extend one of their own if they are indeed going to get rid of Finley.

Maybe they trade Finley, and re-sign Jennings. He's still better than Jordy Nelson and James Jones. The latter is a system product if there ever was one, and both guys have benefited heavily from the Packers' tendency to pass-pass-pass in the redzone.

From what I've read the Packers have a lot of contracts coming up in the next couple years and are going to be really strapped for cash so that may be part of it.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

Those 2 along with Cobb are more than capable of allowing Rodgers to do what he needs to do passing the ball. They don't need Jennings to run that offense.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to me that Green Bay is developing a plan for their WR's, and a sensible one at that, to "recycle" them about every 3-4 years.

even though they have a reliable stable of receivers, they'll use a high draft pick for another one (a 2nd for Nelson, a 2nd for Cobb, a 3rd for James) and let them integrate in to the offense. that took a couple of years for Nelson and James, Cobb was much faster.

then when one those receivers is about 2/3 of the way done with his expected career and becoming expensive to keep, they draft another.

Jennings has reached the end of that cycle, perhaps. and as i mentioned before, if he fetches a high salary on the FA market, well then there's a 3rd round pick or so for GB to use.

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
it seems to me that Green Bay is developing a plan for their WR's, and a sensible one at that, to "recycle" them about every 3-4 years.

even though they have a reliable stable of receivers, they'll use a high draft pick for another one (a 2nd for Nelson, a 2nd for Cobb, a 3rd for James) and let them integrate in to the offense. that took a couple of years for Nelson and James, Cobb was much faster.

then when one those receivers is about 2/3 of the way done with his expected career and becoming expensive to keep, they draft another.

Jennings has reached the end of that cycle, perhaps. and as i mentioned before, if he fetches a high salary on the FA market, well then there's a 3rd round pick or so for GB to use.

They've been doing that since the early 90's when Favre was the QB.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

James Jones has very much improved this year. Yes he is benefiting from a pass heavy offense but he has only three drops in 76 targets. His ability to always be open and good route running is also something that people seem to underestimate.

The talent has always been there, he simply needed to work on his drops.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42

Jump to: