You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Greg Jennings, a Minnesota Viking?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
he's an ex-packer.

so?

do you truly evaluate players with regard to who they've played for before?

Of course. Ryan Longwell was terrible and Brett Favre was awful. Wink

Thx to Lil Uno!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
he's an ex-packer.

so?

agreed. i dont hate a player forever simply because they were a packer. its kind of a funny notion, really.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe no news is good news. lets face it, if jennings wasnt interested he wouldnt be there all day. obviously, they are working out the details, and perhaps working out a deal with Allen or Williams.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
In 2009, Sidney Rice was way above average. I'm sure you can understand that.

That doesn't make him an above-average WR. An above-average WR is more consistent. Sidney Rice hasn't come close to those numbers before or since.
Possibly you are unaware of what the word "average" means? Sidney rice is a #1 wr in seattle, and he was one in MN, too, and in 2009, he went to the probowl with a very nice year. It was stated Nate Burrelson was "above average" if you count 2005, because he broke 1000. I simply pointed out Sidney rice did considerably more than Nate Burrelson did in 2009. You guys decided one year mattered, did you not? Possibly I am confused. Did the piece I quoted not talk about Nate Burrelson breaking 1000 yards in 2005 and him calling that "above average"? Well, sidney rice broke 1300.

Where would you rate Nate Burrelson in your analysis?
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said Burleson was above-average. He wasn't. He is and was an average WR (and in fact, over the last few seasons, he's been tremendously below average). A guy who averages about 500-700 yds a season is average, in my book.

The last time they had an above-average WR was 2005...March 2, 2005 to be exact, the day Randy Moss was traded to the Raiders.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
he's an ex-packer.

so?

agreed. i dont hate a player forever simply because they were a packer. its kind of a funny notion, really.
no, not at all. I'm tired of ex-packers is all. I loved having Favre, but Jennings is no Favre. He seems used up, looking for that last big payday. Just wish it was somewhere else.
Saosin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I never said Burleson was above-average. He wasn't. The last time they had an above-average WR was 2005...March 2, 2005 to be exact, the day Randy Moss was traded to the Raiders.

My bad I thought you meant someone that was actually playing with the Vikings in 2005 not booted out of the door.

Burleson only had one 1k yard season and was was well below average after that. The only reason that Burleson had that 1k yard season was because moss was on the other side of him drawing double teams.
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saosin wrote:
disaacs wrote:
I never said Burleson was above-average. He wasn't. The last time they had an above-average WR was 2005...March 2, 2005 to be exact, the day Randy Moss was traded to the Raiders.

My bad I thought you meant someone that was actually playing with the Vikings in 2005 not booted out of the door.

Burleson only had one 1k yard season and was was well below average after that. The only reason that Burleson had that 1k yard season was because moss was on the other side of him drawing double teams.
Burleson's 1,000 yard season came when Moss was hurt most of the season, that was part of the logic behind trading Moss. That our offense would be okay without him because of Burleson.... oops. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
lol, that is not above average, that is HOF elite. Harvin is above average. So is Rice. Guess we will just have to disagree. Rice and Harvin looked elite when they had favre throwing to them, they looked like stiffs when they had TJ or Ponder throwing to them.

Bowe was the 40th ranked WR with 800 yards last year. Floyd was 80th at 562. There are 467 receiving results. What is "average" if you insist on continuing to attack me for the opinion 1300+ yards in 2009 is above average?

=======
Ah, ok, you added that 500 to 700 yards per year is average. I'd point out Rice and Harvin got paid just a touch above "average" because when they had a QB throwing to them, they looked pretty dang good. Rice is probably pretty close to the top end of your numbers, btw, if you exclude his rookie year, maybe his injuries. He had 750 last year, best on seattle, i believe.

Last edited by Purple Faithful on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saosin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
Saosin wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Burleson's 1,000 yard season came when Moss was hurt most of the season, that was part of the logic behind trading Moss. That our offense would be okay without him because of Burleson.... oops. Laughing

Love it! Dropping some knowledge on me. Great info there. I'm surprised Burleson ever get that type of yardage without Moss on the field most of the time.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An above average WR is a huge upgrade over what MN has, so i think signing Jennings would greatly help the offense in 2013. Probably more than any rookie they could draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
That our offense would be okay without him because of Burleson.... oops. Laughing

At the time, I would have made the same mistake. I thought that they'd be okay too...that Burleson would step up and improve...unfortunately, it never happened and he moved onto Seattle in '06.

Thx to Lil Uno!
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
An above average WR is a huge upgrade over what MN has, so i think signing Jennings would greatly help the offense in 2013. Probably more than any rookie they could draft.

Oh, I agree with that. But, I also wouldn't care one way or the other whether they bring him in or not. He'll certainly improve the roster at WR, but, to me, it's not a "WOW" move, just because he's already turning 30 years old in September. It's only "Wow" for me, because shortly before that, I turn 40! Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Oh, I agree with that. But, I also wouldn't care one way or the other whether they bring him in or not. He'll certainly improve the roster at WR, but, to me, it's not a "WOW" move, just because he's already turning 30 years old in September. It's only "Wow" for me, because shortly before that, I turn 40! Laughing
I do not think Jennings is even close to Harvin, do you guys? Harvin led the NFL in yards after the catch. Ponder works pretty close to the line. I just wouldn't break the bank for Jennings as he is probably not part of what takes the vikes over the top, based on age. (i'm old too, lol)

With Jennings steep decline of late, (maybe vikings improved secondary is to blame, lol) I'd rather go after a young guy or draft two more.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
disaacs wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I do not think Jennings is even close to Harvin, do you guys? Harvin led the NFL in yards after the catch. Ponder works pretty close to the line. I just wouldn't break the bank for Jennings as he is probably not part of what takes the vikes over the top, based on age. (i'm old too, lol)

With Jennings steep decline of late, (maybe vikings improved secondary is to blame, lol) I'd rather go after a young guy or draft two more.

Its comparing apples and oranges, and yes i do think that Jennings is better at being a WR than Harvin.

Jennings can play any receiver spot, runs incredible routes, and has fantastic hands. Harvin is one dimensional, mostly relegated to one receiver position and doesnt make plays vertically like Jennings is able to.

Jennings is easily the better WR, while Harvin is the more explosive player.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: