You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Greg Jennings, a Minnesota Viking?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought Jennings' statements about AP could have been posturing. I would love to see him on this team. He will be 30 at the beginning of next season, but he's the type of receiver, like Marvin Harrison, that relies on superb route running to create separation.

I've mocked him to us in several of my off-seasons and would love him in purple.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Seriously, a dedicated thread to one player who is currently under contract to another team, with no sourced rumours...

And your point? It has been discussed here in various threads. It's not that big a deal.

As far as the discussion about Jennings, I have never had any interest in him, and that doesn't change. He'll be turning 30 early next season, and if lucky, you'll get 2 decent years out of a guy who recently has suffered numerous injuries. That's not a wise investment to me.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
I'm still a bit puzzled by this. I don't see why the Packers wouldn't extend one of their own if they are indeed going to get rid of Finley.

Unless they keep Finley that is...

Maybe they trade Finley, and re-sign Jennings. He's still better than Jordy Nelson and James Jones. The latter is a system product if there ever was one, and both guys have benefited heavily from the Packers' tendency to pass-pass-pass in the redzone.

James Jones has very much improved this year. Yes he is benefiting from a pass heavy offense but he has only three drops in 76 targets. His ability to always be open and good route running is also something that people seem to underestimate.

The talent has always been there, he simply needed to work on his drops

Jones might be efficient this year, but his overall production isn't that impressive. He's only on pace for 710 yards recieving, at only 12.2 yards/reception. At this point the only thing that's more productive about Jones is his TD total, which appears to be more a measure of Rodgers' succes than anything else.

As a Packers fan, surely you have to agree that Jennings is superior in every facet of the game to James Jones. To top it off, he's only a year older. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Jones, I was hoping the Vikings would go after him in 2011, but he's isn't in the same league as Jennings.

What it boils down to is this: why let your best reciever walk? Jennings has been consistently ranked as one of the better recievers in the NFL the past few years. If cap was an issue, I'd trade Finley, together with Jennings' 2012 salary that's around ~$8m cap space right there.

If the Packers do, by some miracle, let Jennings walk, I'd welcome him with open arms.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is two good years out of Jennings not worth it while AP and Allen are around? This would be a good addition, depending on the price.
this providence

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any receiver that hits the market with a pulse should be a realistic option at this point. I wouldn't limit that to just Jennings.

However, given his age and his time spent off the field as of late, Jennings wouldn't be in the top tier of options for me personally. Not sure he'd be a realistic option for Spielman either given his previous comments of looking to go with a younger make-up.

Tiers:

Victor Cruz (RFA - unrealistic)
Mike Wallace (RFA - somewhat unrealistic)

Brian Hartline
Danny Ammendola

Dwayne Bowe
Wes Welker
Danario Alexander
Brandon Gibson

Donnie Avery
Greg Jennings
Emmanuel Sanders (RFA)

Brandon Tate
Domenik Hixon

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
How is two good years out of Jennings not worth it while AP and Allen are around? This would be a good addition, depending on the price.

that's what i thought.

two solid years, and perhaps some mentoring if he's up to it, for all the young bucks around.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
I think any receiver that hits the market with a pulse should be a realistic option at this point. I wouldn't limit that to just Jennings.

However, given his age and his time spent off the field as of late, Jennings wouldn't be in the top tier of options for me personally. Not sure he'd be a realistic option for Spielman either given his previous comments of looking to go with a younger make-up.

Tiers:

Brian Hartline
Danny Ammendola

Dwayne Bowe
Wes Welker
Danario Alexander
Brandon Gibson

Donnie Avery
Greg Jennings
Emmanuel Sanders (RFA)

Brandon Tate
Domenik Hixon

I get what you're saying. However, I think he's exactly the type of receiver we would sign. He's a high character guy, and may be the type of guy we need to mentor Percy and our other young WRs.

Honestly though, I could see him going to Detroit. He's a Michigan guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And... we may get more Viking national commercials...

Cool

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am generally against signing free agents near 30 to big contract, but I would make an exception for Jennings. MN must improve the WR corps to see what Ponder can do under center. I dont think they can afford to wait around for a WR to step up. Jennings can come in and be the #1 from day and should be a good contributor for 3-4 years.

If the money was good and Jennings wanted to come here, it would be a good fit.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign him, you give him a short deal (2-3 years) with a decent contract.

Assuming money is his biggest issue, you have to be confident he'll stay healthy enough to help the team out, and that he doesn't show signs of decline. Who wants to put all their eggs in one basket?

I'd absolutely bring in Jennings if we can do those things. He's instantly the best WR on the team, and a guy I think Christian Ponder can have some confidence throwing to.

In all likelihood, we'll need 2-3 WRs this offseason, so Jennings would be a tremendous help.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to pass and continue to let the front office build this team through the draft. As good as Jennings was he's not good enough to make this team a Super Bowl contender. If you're going to spend the money I'd rather get someone like Mike Wallce. You can give him a 5 year contract and see it through.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently only have around $25M to work with this offseason before resigning guys like Loadholt, K. Williams, and Felton.

We could gain more money by extending Jared Allen to drop his substantial $17M cap hit.

Guys like Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe aren't realistic options for this team, IMO.

vikes635

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one do not want this to happen!! While i do think we need WR help i dont think jennings is the answer

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
vikings209

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:

Tiers:

Brian Hartline
Danny Ammendola

Dwayne Bowe
Wes Welker
Danario Alexander
Brandon Gibson

Donnie Avery
Greg Jennings
Emmanuel Sanders (RFA)

Brandon Tate
Domenik Hixon

Wasn't Wallace a RFA last year? I'm pretty sure he's an UFA this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

that's what i thought.

two solid years, and perhaps some mentoring if he's up to it, for all the young bucks around.

I personally just don't think spending big money on a receiver like him for only 2 years is a wise investment.

Thx to Lil Uno!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 2 of 42

Jump to: