Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Maybe We've Quit-Maybe We Haven't: NYG @ BAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who ya got?
Ravens
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Giants
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Eli Manning looking at things
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

drd23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Shame Bernard couldn't punch that in. I love that we have a beast named Bernard on this team.
A?
It's really fun to yell "BERNARD!" in a bar full of giants fans.
a bar full of patriots fans too Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Integrity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at that inside push with Gradkowski in there! That looks promising.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... what do we do next week? Sit everyone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally I'd disagree with that logic but the Ravens have enough dinged up starters that it might be the better path to take.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat it like a glorified preseason game. Play our starters (the healthy ones, of course) for the first couple drives and then bring in the back-ups.

Does Cincy have anything to play for, either? Can they still clinch the 5th seed? Not that it will really matter all that much.

EDIT: Just saw on ESPN, the Colts and Bengals are locked up with the 5th and 6th seeds, respectively. The Ravens, however, can still clinch the 3rd seed.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BRollinDeyHatin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved watching this game, I just hope they come out like this for the rest of the season. Just an FYI I am talking so much trash to my friend who is a Steelers fan and never shuts up about the Steelers. Injuries begone in two weeks I pray!
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's performances like this that are the reason I'll always want to believe in Joe Flacco. He's so bloody inconsistent, but when he's on his game, he's a genuinely top drawer QB.

Some of those throws he made tonight were amazing, he read the Giants' defense well, even moved around intelligently in the pocket and got the ball out instead of taking sacks. And it's incredibly frustrating, because I half believe already that he'll stink the place out in Cincinnati next week.

Loved Caldwell's playcalling. He mixed things up better than Cam ever did, used sections of the playbook that I can only assume Cam only ever used to mop up his spilled coffee. Slant? Cam couldn't even spell it.

Receivers looked more open, more able to make plays, the O-line blocked much better on both the pass and the run (except for Oher's spate of penalties). Just a great team performance.

More guys involved, great production from everyone. Especially the running backs, who looked like the best tandem in the NFL today.

So the offense played well, but the defense played even better. Some of those guys are playing out of their skins at the moment (and did last week, until they tired). Guys that we never expected to get this sort of playing time, and they're shutting down a Giants offense that has plenty of weapons.

It's a real group effort, and I love that ethos of them banding together to be greater than the sum of their parts. It's something that has been missing at times this season.

Loved the way the secondary was breaking up everything Eli threw, and you could see how much it was getting to him. His head was dropping more with each failed drive. Chykie Brown had a stormer, and I didn't even notice Cary Williams was on the field (which means he didn't give up any big plays or make any boneheaded decisions).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the way the team functioned today was that for the whole game, I never really questioned the "role" or "position" that players were placed in and asked to make plays.

Boldin was used in the slot on crossing routes and short middle routes, like he should be. Torrey and Jacoby were used on the outside with their sped, like they should be. Pitta was used on 3rd downs, where he's at his best, and lastly Ray Rice was constantly given touches throughout the game but also given lots of rest, which I think played a huge role tonight for both him and Bernard Pierce.

I applaud Jim Caldwell for putting players in GREAT positions to succeed and I applaud the entire offense (especially the offensive line!) for executing to perfection today.

On the defensive side of the ball, Dean Pees looked like a genius today, and I think that this game just secured his job for next year, and rightfully so. The blitzes he dialed up, the rushing fronts, the confusion, Eli never stood a chance. Then you have guys like Chykie Brown and James Ihedigbo who are playing on a borderline starting level and you have to give the coaches some credit, especially for benching Jimmy Smith, a move that had to be made.

Great all-around win today and a great way to wrap up the division for a 2nd straight year!

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
The thing about the way the team functioned today was that for the whole game, I never really questioned the "role" or "position" that players were placed in and asked to make plays.

Boldin was used in the slot on crossing routes and short middle routes, like he should be. Torrey and Jacoby were used on the outside with their sped, like they should be. Pitta was used on 3rd downs, where he's at his best, and lastly Ray Rice was constantly given touches throughout the game but also given lots of rest, which I think played a huge role tonight for both him and Bernard Pierce.

I applaud Jim Caldwell for putting players in GREAT positions to succeed and I applaud the entire offense (especially the offensive line!) for executing to perfection today.

On the defensive side of the ball, Dean Pees looked like a genius today, and I think that this game just secured his job for next year, and rightfully so. The blitzes he dialed up, the rushing fronts, the confusion, Eli never stood a chance. Then you have guys like Chykie Brown and James Ihedigbo who are playing on a borderline starting level and you have to give the coaches some credit, especially for benching Jimmy Smith, a move that had to be made.

Great all-around win today and a great way to wrap up the division for a 2nd straight year!

Does this mean you love my personal football savior Joe Flacco now?

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
MilleniumD2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game all around. First complete game we have played all season. Call me crazy but I honestly see the Ravens winning it all. Ed Reed is from New Orleans where the Super Bowl is this year it's destiny. This is how I see it shaking out. We beat the colts in the wildcard round, head to Houston and repay the beat down they gave us earlier this year with a one and done.

Then we head up to New England for the ultimate revenge game with Justin Tucker kicking the game winner to send us to New Orleans for the harbowl. Up 23-17 with the Niners driving for the game winning touchdown, Colin Keapernick throws a game sealing pick to Ed Reed in one of the most emotional Super Bowl moments in history. Ed is named Super Bowl MVP and announces his retirement in his home city in dramatic fashion during his MVP speech. This has to happen, we need to send our legends out on top.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting offensive starters right now would be a little meh for me. One more week to get in rythm and what not with the new play calling couldn't hurt, right?

Defensively we are way more dinged up, so I wouldn't mind seeing some players (reed ray pollard suggs etc...) sit.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we sit. We should have no problem with a home game against the Colts. We have bye opportunity. We should take it.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think we sit. We should have no problem with a home game against the Colts. We have bye opportunity. We should take it.

I'd normally agree with this, but we pissed away our chances at a real bye. As punishment, you play this out on your way to a Superbowl. I kinda think we're going now since I've never seen this Ravens movie before.

- Entire Defensive hurt

- A months worth of losses

- Cam Cameron finally gets a public stoning

- Flacco on pace to reach 4,000 yards in a season

I SEE AN ALTERNATE ENDING FOLKS! THE GOOD ONE!

Wait a minute! Did I jinx it? (<_<) (>_>) (0_0)

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Does this mean you love my personal football savior Joe Flacco now?

This week - yes. We'll see what happens next week Wink

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Sitting offensive starters right now would be a little meh for me. One more week to get in rythm and what not with the new play calling couldn't hurt, right?

Defensively we are way more dinged up, so I wouldn't mind seeing some players (reed ray pollard suggs etc...) sit.

Maybe they sti gun for the 3 seed. Well see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: