Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Maybe We've Quit-Maybe We Haven't: NYG @ BAL
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who ya got?
Ravens
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Giants
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Eli Manning looking at things
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Week Maybe We've Quit-Maybe We Haven't: NYG @ BAL Reply with quote

Win clinches the AFC North. A loss would be our 4th straight and inch us closer to an ugly implosion of an end to this season. Giants are reeling as well but are a tough out this late in the season, not to mention their defensive line is a nightmare matchup for the 5 players we trot out and call our 'offensive line' every Sunday.

A lot of what this comes down to is how prepared and motivated this team is. Have they checked out, given up and decided to pack it in till next year? Or are they going to show some pride and try to wipe the stink off of these past couple of weeks? There's no doubt that the Giants will come fired up and desperate with their playoff hopes hanging in the balance and the ugly Atlanta loss their most recent memory. Question is whether we can match that intensity and make a game of it. This team needs to generate some positive momentum before the playoffs start and this Sunday would be the time to do it. Ideally, if we were able to win this one, we could rest our starters against Cincinnati and get healthy for the playoffs. But another blowout loss on Sunday and I think you can kiss this season goodbye, even with that playoff berth secured.

As an aside, much respect to Victor Cruz.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the worst matchup for us of any team in the league. Those ends against our tackles. Those WRs against our corners. Then there is the fact the Giants need to win out to make the playoffs.

I'm hoping we use this game to let our guys on the injury report recover and put all of our eggs into the Week 17 basket.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I'm hoping we use this game to let our guys on the injury report recover and put all of our eggs into the Week 17 basket.
I can't see this team packing it in for a home game in order to put all the pressure on to a road game against a divisional opponent. They know a win this week gets them everything they basically still need from the regular season, whether the Cincy game presents a better matchup or not, I can't see them skipping a week when they could wrap up the division a week earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I can't see this team packing it in for a home game in order to put all the pressure on to a road game against a divisional opponent. They know a win this week gets them everything they basically still need from the regular season, whether the Cincy game presents a better matchup or not, I can't see them skipping a week when they could wrap up the division a week earlier.

Can you see us beating the Giants though? More than likely if we fire every bullet in the chamber on Sunday we are still going to be playing a Divisional Championship game next week only with a more banged up roster.

Even if we aren't at full health I don't think Cincy can beat us in a semi-playoff situation.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No result with this team really surprises me anymore. Giants are a tough matchup but I wouldn't be too optimistic going into Cincinnati on the heels of a 4 game losing streak either, especially with them playing really strong football and our secondary a ripe target for AJ Green. The self-doubt and negative energy takes a stronger and stronger hold every week we lose and I'm just not convinced at this point we can just 'flip the switch' as much as we have to forcibly move the rusted switch over back to where it needs to be. I think you rest your starters when you're happy about where you're at. We're not really happy about where we're at, so we haven't really earned the luxury to pack things in yet.

To me, it's a question worth pondering. But the more pertinent issue is that I just don't see a way in which Harbaugh and the organization are willing to rest everyone when they've got a home game that can clinch the division on their hands, when the alternative is leaving the door open till Week 17 for what could be an AFC North title game. Most important thing for this team is to drown out the noise, and the only way you do that is get what we need and then move on to the playoffs. Until we do that, the job's not done and I can't see them resting the laurels with how bad things are with the team's mojo right now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As easy as it is to be down on our team right now, look at it this way. We say they're scary because partially because they're coming off an embarrassing loss, yet us coming off a probably-not-quite-as-embarrassing loss are "falling apart." While we have legitimate reasons to be concerned, don't let your mind and emotions play tricks on you (i.e. our close wins are "lucky" but our close losses prove we're "frauds").

Ravens 31 - 27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the Ravens are pissed as hell over all the reports of their demise that have been flying around this week, and come out determined to prove everyone wrong on Sunday.

The Giants are in a slightly different position, because they've still got everyone saying, 'no worries, they'll be fine. Win their last two games and they're in the playoffs'.

Flacco needs to prove a point, in particular. He needs to have at least a solid game where he executes well and looks like he's comfortable in his own skin. I just hope Oher and Osemele can give him enough time to actually get the ball out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This.
Will.
Be.
Ugly.

We either win a close one or get blown out (again).

RIP Dennis Pitta's hip. You will be missed on 3rd downs Sad
StRawz11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38 - 21 Giants. Another awful match up for this team.

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38-14 Ravens

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Dark ops

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 24

Giants 13

Cool
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Hopefully the Ravens are pissed as hell over all the reports of their demise that have been flying around this week, and come out determined to prove everyone wrong on Sunday.

The Giants are in a slightly different position, because they've still got everyone saying, 'no worries, they'll be fine. Win their last two games and they're in the playoffs'.

Flacco needs to prove a point, in particular. He needs to have at least a solid game where he executes well and looks like he's comfortable in his own skin. I just hope Oher and Osemele can give him enough time to actually get the ball out.

Really? I live in New Jersey, surrounded by Giant fans, and they are talking do or die this week. We will know by the 1st quarter which Eli and Flacco actually show up. When it comes down to it:

Bad Eli probably beats Bad Joe
Good Eli probably beats Good Joe (in a close game)
Good Joe definitely beats Bad Eli
Good Eli wipes the floor with Bad Joe.

I've watched alot of Giant games this year and they suffer from same inconsistency as we do. I don't think we have a corner quick enough to cover Cruz and guys to block JPP, Tuck & Osi.

I really hope we win so I can troll everyone I know, but I just don't see it happening.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I have no feeling of how this game is going to go. First game of the year I've felt as such.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Really? I live in New Jersey, surrounded by Giant fans, and they are talking do or die this week. We will know by the 1st quarter which Eli and Flacco actually show up. When it comes down to it:

Bad Eli probably beats Bad Joe
Good Eli probably beats Good Joe (in a close game)
Good Joe definitely beats Bad Eli
Good Eli wipes the floor with Bad Joe.

I've watched alot of Giant games this year and they suffer from same inconsistency as we do. I don't think we have a corner quick enough to cover Cruz and guys to block JPP, Tuck & Osi.

I really hope we win so I can troll everyone I know, but I just don't see it happening.

Well, I'm talking about your national media, the NFL Network and ESPN, most of whom are almost taking it for granted that the Giants will stroll through their last two games and into the playoffs. I've not seen a single ounce of concern that they might lose one of them.

If that attitude gains any traction at all in the Giants' locker room, it can only be good for the Ravens. Of course the Ravens still have to come out and play, and find their own confidence and form.

The Giants definitely aren't unbeatable, or anything like it. Their run defense has been poor all season, and the stats say it's actually getting worse, and their front four aren't getting the sacks you'd expect them to get.

This Ravens offense can score plenty of points on these guys, if they manage to get into a rhythm. Whether the Ravens defense can keep Manning and Cruz out is another matter, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens - 23
Giants - 34

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: