Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we phasing out Vernon Davis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ersfan2152 wrote:
Hes one of the best TES in the league an needs to be used more. He is a good blocker an that is a big plus. I think Harb does wish he had a TE who can fit him better. If trade him if u arnt gonna use him more but only for a high pick or good player in return.

How often are non-QBs traded for good return? Even for QBs, it's rare, and takes a poorly managed team like the raiders to pull the trigger. We'd never get a first round pick for VD, or a player in return, let's get real. His biggest value is on the field, not on the trading block.
thats because when teams part with a good player it's because of either character issues or am injury. That's not the case with VD at all. So I'm sure we can get a first round pick from a team that needs a TE. And I'm not saying we should trade him or that I want him traded. Just saying I think Harbaugh doesn't think he's a fit for his offense and he might deal him if he can get the TE he wants.

He sure was a great fit for the offense in the playoffs. And he was a great fit against the Bears. I think VD is being the ultimate team player, this year. He knows he's helping get open and we're winning. Is that enough for him to be happy? I don't know. But if he leaves, in my opinion, it will be his decision, not Harbaugh's. VD really turned a corner a couple of years ago. He came into the NFL a diva, now he really seems to be a man. For now, he may just be content with winning and having a shot at a Superbowl. If he were to leave, nothing guarantees he'd have as good a chance at winning as he has here. Either he overlooks winning in favor of stats, or overlooks stats in favor of winning. 2007 VD would have undoubtedly chosen the former, whereas 2012 VD might just be able to accept the latter. I don't think anyone, nor himself, is mistaking him for a future hall of famer, at this point. We had reasons to believe that when he was drafted, but his production has never matched his incredible assets. If I were him, I wouldn't trade what we have here in San Fran just for a few years of statistical glory. We have a great thing going on, he still has a big impact on what goes on on the field and he's still being paid handsomely.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Miami49er

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying we can't make him work in this offense and I'm NOT saying I want him off the team. I'm just saying he may not be the ideal type of TE Harbaugh wants. Harbaugh has proven to do unprecedented things. If trading away VD for a king's ransom and getting a Witten type of TE in return in the draft plus relieving some cap room sounds unprecedented would you be surprised at Harbaugh doing something like that?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
I'm not saying we can't make him work in this offense and I'm NOT saying I want him off the team. I'm just saying he may not be the ideal type of TE Harbaugh wants. Harbaugh has proven to do unprecedented things. If trading away VD for a king's ransom and getting a Witten type of TE in return in the draft plus relieving some cap room sounds unprecedented would you be surprised at Harbaugh doing something like that?

I honestly wouldn't put it passed Baalke and Harbaugh to try and trade for Fleener. sounds a little ridiculous but you never know. but maybe I'm just dumb thinking that Harbs would want one of his guys, because we should have also had Sherman, so I digress. just seems like these Stanford guys turn out to be anywhere from above average (Doug Baldwin) to absolute beasts (R. Sherman). ironic that both of those guys I just mentioned are 'Hawks... Think

I see you, Pete...

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

I honestly wouldn't put it passed Baalke and Harbaugh to try and trade for Fleener. sounds a little ridiculous but you never know. but maybe I'm just dumb thinking that Harbs would want one of his guys, because we should have also had Sherman, so I digress. just seems like these Stanford guys turn out to be anywhere from above average (Doug Baldwin) to absolute beasts (R. Sherman). ironic that both of those guys I just mentioned are 'Hawks... Think

I see you, Pete...

Oh man...of all the TEs in the league, you pick him??? Laughing

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

I see you, Pete...

Oh man...of all the TEs in the league, you pick him??? Laughing

yes, I wanted him or Alshon instead of Jenkins. I like Jenkins tho. who else could we get to step in or for us to develop in place of Vernon? I'd rather just keep Vernon

janky wrote:
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
yes, I wanted him or Alshon instead of Jenkins. I like Jenkins tho. who else could we get to step in or for us to develop in place of Vernon? I'd rather just keep Vernon

It's not the player I'm concerned about. A few here still haven't completely gotten over our selection of Jenkins over him, and I feel like you're reopening old wounds for them.

FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

It's not the player I'm concerned about. A few here still haven't completely gotten over our selection of Jenkins over him, and I feel like you're reopening old wounds for them.

sorry, not doing it intentionally, just saying, if we traded Vernon, that's pretty much the only TE I would want. once Jenkins gets PT and beasts out there, everyone will forget about it and be happy that our first rounder is a stud.

In Baalke I Trust.

janky wrote:
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

sorry, not doing it intentionally, just saying, if we traded Vernon, that's pretty much the only TE I would want. once Jenkins gets PT and beasts out there, everyone will forget about it and be happy that our first rounder is a stud.

In Baalke I Trust.

No worries, it was a joke to begin with, and now it's just dead Laughing

rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

In Baalke I Trust.

Trading VD for Fleener would make our running game much much weaker. I'd draft one of the current stanford TEs instead.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
blast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

In Baalke I Trust.

The ONLY TE you would want? Fleener over the likes of Gronk or Graham?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: