Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Philip Wheeler
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Philip Wheeler Reply with quote

Overall, has he had a good year for you guys? He really struggled against us (particularly in coverage), but I've heard some Raiders fans praise his energy and think that he's been the defensive MVP (having seen Lamarr Houston this year a few times, I'd have to disagree on that).

Thanks in advance.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gets a lot of heat on this forum, and deservedly so, but imo, he has had a decent season overall. Nothing to rave about as he's had his moments (good and bad). He does bring a lot of energy and I'd like to see him come back, but if we let him go then oh well. Not a big deal.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, he gets a lot of crap around here from some posters. They have some legit points but imo are kind of nitpicky with the guy. He makes at least as many plays as he lets up and plays with nice intensity. He seems like a good character guy. He gets beat in coverage sometimes but usually makes up for it with a nice tackle or a good blitzing effort. I'd be a little disappointed if he isn't brought back, but it wouldn't break my heart. He's not he kind of player we should move on from with the way our roster imo.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd be a little disappointed if he isn't brought back, but it wouldn't break my heart. He's not he kind of player we should move on from with the way our roster imo.

Exactly my stance as well. Can't say anything else in this thread that hasn't been said.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy sucks but he runs around a lot and has a good motor so he's a bit of stud amongst our linebackers. He's really good at running really fast in straight line so if you can get him unblock on a blitz then he excels in that area.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd be a little disappointed if he isn't brought back, but it wouldn't break my heart. He's not he kind of player we should move on from with the way our roster imo.

Exactly my stance as well. Can't say anything else in this thread that hasn't been said.

yeah. solid contributor. we should bring him back for a reasonable deal.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
The guy sucks but he runs around a lot and has a good motor so he's a bit of stud amongst our linebackers. He's really good at running really fast in straight line so if you can get him unblock on a blitz then he excels in that area.

At least he runs instead of jogging. Cool
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

At least he runs instead of jogging. Cool

Yup.

At least Wheeler is >>>>> than Slowlando.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is the best of a very bad bunch. Had a few very good games to start his Raider career but has been poor since. Struggles in coverage. Would retain him though, as he is better than any other LBer we have.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an average linebacker, he does some things well, and does other things poorly. I would like to see him brought back even if its just for depth. He seems like a good locker room guy, and nobody will ever question his effort and passion for the game, and that's something this team really lacks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine floating in a lake of crap & human waste with no shoreline in sight. Wheeler is the dingy you desperately cling to. Not the long-term solution, barely acceptable but greatly appreciated and probably overvalued because of the situation.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its nice to have a LB leading the team in tackles.

I mainly have issue's with his coverage but we should be able to get him on a reasonably priced deal. No need to replace him at this time. Much bigger issues.

I think they can help him work on his issues as well. He gets pressure better than most LB's in the league. He only has 3 sacks but he has a ton of pressures and has impacted a lot of plays.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Imagine floating in a lake of crap & human waste with no shoreline in sight. Wheeler is the dingy you desperately cling to. Not the long-term solution, barely acceptable but greatly appreciated and probably overvalued because of the situation.

A very good and repulsively vivid analogy.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

A very good and repulsively vivid analogy.

Wheeler would save Rose and leave jack to drown/freeze. He's got his priorities straight Laughing
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeler is good enough, plus the nit pickers dont mention it was his first year in a new scheme and he has a chance to get even better, especially if we bring in other defensive players around him that will do there job. I think he is bright spot on defense with a chance to be better. The guy was a serious pass rusher in college, he showed glimpses this year with a year under his belt he could be even better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: