Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Replacement Thread (CBS: Decision on Thursday)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4236
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gamble is my choice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I'm sold on David Caldwell from Atlanta

Woody needs to back the hell up and let him work

If not give me Omar Khan from Pitt and Bill Cowher at HC
Bill Cowher is not coaching this team


If he gets the control he seeks he would
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4236
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I'm sold on David Caldwell from Atlanta

Woody needs to back the hell up and let him work

If not give me Omar Khan from Pitt and Bill Cowher at HC
Bill Cowher is not coaching this team


If he gets the control he seeks he would
No, he wouldn't. Do you know his life story? His wife died a little bit back and he's enjoying his time off from coaching and being a commentator. If he's going to come back to coaching, he's not coming to a mess of a situation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I'm sold on David Caldwell from Atlanta

Woody needs to back the hell up and let him work

If not give me Omar Khan from Pitt and Bill Cowher at HC
Bill Cowher is not coaching this team


If he gets the control he seeks he would
No, he wouldn't. Do you know his life story? His wife died a little bit back and he's enjoying his time off from coaching and being a commentator. If he's going to come back to coaching, he's not coming to a mess of a situation.


I think he'd like the challenge of turning this ship around to be honest

We don't know what goes through the minds of these guys and if Woody ever decides to just own and never open his mouth again then we'd already be on the right path
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Tom Gamble is my choice


Not happening
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4236
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Tom Gamble is my choice


Not happening
Why's that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4236
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I'm sold on David Caldwell from Atlanta

Woody needs to back the hell up and let him work

If not give me Omar Khan from Pitt and Bill Cowher at HC
Bill Cowher is not coaching this team


If he gets the control he seeks he would
No, he wouldn't. Do you know his life story? His wife died a little bit back and he's enjoying his time off from coaching and being a commentator. If he's going to come back to coaching, he's not coming to a mess of a situation.


I think he'd like the challenge of turning this ship around to be honest

We don't know what goes through the minds of these guys and if Woody ever decides to just own and never open his mouth again then we'd already be on the right path
Pipe dream man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Tom Gamble is my choice


Not happening
Why's that?


Guys from organizations like that tend to stay home and continue what they've built, especially knowing how chaotic our team is

Gamble may end up somewhere but not here

Our best choice is a young up and coming guy like David Caldwell from Atlanta someone who will want the job but also will end up dealing with Woody unless Woody falls back and gives a vet final say over personnel moves then that's what we're going to be stuck with
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I'm sold on David Caldwell from Atlanta

Woody needs to back the hell up and let him work

If not give me Omar Khan from Pitt and Bill Cowher at HC
Bill Cowher is not coaching this team


If he gets the control he seeks he would
No, he wouldn't. Do you know his life story? His wife died a little bit back and he's enjoying his time off from coaching and being a commentator. If he's going to come back to coaching, he's not coming to a mess of a situation.


I think he'd like the challenge of turning this ship around to be honest

We don't know what goes through the minds of these guys and if Woody ever decides to just own and never open his mouth again then we'd already be on the right path
Pipe dream man


I kno but I think that would be best for our team

Cowher knows the ropes and would right the ship and cease the circus
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Maccagnan would be a pretty good one. I like the type of talent the Texans drafted recently. He's not at the top of my list, but I wouldn't be mad if we hired him.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewYorkJetsFan


Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 690
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted yet: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/252417/report-jets-looking-to-replace-gm-tannenbaum
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
richie jets


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 809
Location: yonkers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's gonna be Eric Mangini . No good candidates will deal with woody , keep Rex , and share responsibilities with tannenbaum. That's our gm Mangini will rejoin the circus .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming back to this forum & twitter hoping to see breaking news about who we hired as the new GM. Almost feel like a kid the night before Christmas wondering what he is going to get. This next GM can either capitalize on some of the talent we already have or revamp and risk becoming a top 10 pick every year type of team.

I want to be excited about up coming Jets games again. I want to see us be able to beat a good team when they are at their best in a night game. We were on track of becoming a great team, then blew it in two seasons. In 2010, we made it to the AFC champ game. Teams like the Seahawks & 49ers were losing, now we are wishing our team was more like theirs. I'm praying our next GM is the right guy.


I don't even bet on the Jets any more. The last bet I made I lost to Daniel Baldwin from the last Giants game.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I keep coming back to this forum & twitter hoping to see breaking news about who we hired as the new GM. Almost feel like a kid the night before Christmas wondering what he is going to get. This next GM can either capitalize on some of the talent we already have or revamp and risk becoming a top 10 pick every year type of team.

I want to be excited about up coming Jets games again. I want to see us be able to beat a good team when they are at their best in a night game. We were on track of becoming a great team, then blew it in two seasons. In 2010, we made it to the AFC champ game. Teams like the Seahawks & 49ers were losing, now we are wishing our team was more like theirs. I'm praying our next GM is the right guy.


I don't even bet on the Jets any more. The last bet I made I lost to Daniel Baldwin from the last Giants game.

Not Alec Baldwin? Weak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7283
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I keep coming back to this forum & twitter hoping to see breaking news about who we hired as the new GM. Almost feel like a kid the night before Christmas wondering what he is going to get. This next GM can either capitalize on some of the talent we already have or revamp and risk becoming a top 10 pick every year type of team.

I want to be excited about up coming Jets games again. I want to see us be able to beat a good team when they are at their best in a night game. We were on track of becoming a great team, then blew it in two seasons. In 2010, we made it to the AFC champ game. Teams like the Seahawks & 49ers were losing, now we are wishing our team was more like theirs. I'm praying our next GM is the right guy.


I don't even bet on the Jets any more. The last bet I made I lost to Daniel Baldwin from the last Giants game.

Not Alec Baldwin? Weak.


lol I really did just laugh at this. I only know Daniel because I plan to work with him in a film
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 3 of 43

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group