Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Replacement Thread (CBS: Decision on Thursday)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: GM Replacement Thread (CBS: Decision on Thursday) Reply with quote

The following have been pursued by the Jets for an interview:

Tom Gamble (49ers Director of Player Personnel)
David Caldwell (Falcons Director of Player Personnel)
Marc Ross (Giants Director of College Scouting)
Tom Heckert (former Browns General Manager)
Scott Cohen (Jets Assistant General Manager)
Bill Polian (former Colts General Manager) - DECLINED

Last edited by green24 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 12 times in total
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the top ones are Gamble, Hickey, Fitterer, and Ribary.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beg Parcells to come in as an advisor like he did in Miami.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Good luck with that Cool

Jamison.'s Gallery
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

He didn't do a very good job there.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want some one who can actually evaluate talent. Keep Bradway to work contracts and crap. But i want a guy who can actually build a team from the inside and sign a missing piece or 2. not trade for 3 and miss on the picks he didn't trade.

Mack on the Sig
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This franchise is not going to be an attractive landing spot for any quality GM candidate. There's the issue of the guaranteed contracts to players such as Sanchez and Holmes. There's the issue of the meddling owner. There's the white hot spot light of the NY media to deal with.

The Tannenbaum/Ryan combo is clearly not the braintrust the team can bank on to properly manage the player personell, but given the circumstances, I'm not so sure the team is going to be able to recruit anybody that will want to work with the combination of Rex Ryan and no QB to speak of, unless it's a member of the Raven's organization who already has a preexisting relationship with him. I think the addition of a consultant or VP of football operations is most likely.

Pretty pictures, although you might want to consider going for a jog or something for few minutes tommorrow. Just sayin.. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
This franchise is not going to be an attractive landing spot for any quality GM candidate. There's the issue of the guaranteed contracts to players such as Sanchez and Holmes. There's the issue of the meddling owner. There's the white hot spot light of the NY media to deal with.

The Tannenbaum/Ryan combo is clearly not the braintrust the team can bank on to properly manage the player personell, but given the circumstances, I'm not so sure the team is going to be able to recruit anybody that will want to work with the combination of Rex Ryan and no QB to speak of, unless it's a member of the Raven's organization who already has a preexisting relationship with him. I think the addition of a consultant or VP of football operations is most likely.

Pretty pictures, although you might want to consider going for a jog or something for few minutes tommorrow. Just sayin.. Laughing

Holmes is cuttable.

The pictures are from their teams' official website. Laughing
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever we end up with it better be someone with with a track record of great player evaluating. Honestly I trust Rex to be right 80% of the time on a defensive player so we need someone who knows how to evaluate offense. QB is a Huge need now that Sanchez hasnt even left us able to keep him in the conversation next year regardless of what transpires at QB the next 2 games. Unless we are landing the no 1 QB in the draft class which isnt going to happen with teams like Kansas City in the mix ahead of us.

Please someone who knows how to evaluate offensive players.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamble or anyone from the Packers. Seriously that organization just drafts piffery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Gamble or anyone from the Packers. Seriously that organization just drafts piffery

So has Seattle over the past few years. Tampa Bay and Houston haven't been bad either.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:

Holmes is cuttable.

The pictures are from their teams' official website. Laughing

Id rather keep Holmes if we cant trade him. Hes actually very good when hes on the field. The other players we want to cut just plain suck. Holmes' problem is his attitude. For all we know, be reunited with Dougie and having someone other than Sanchez at QB and we might see 2010 Holmes again. At least if he has a good 2013 season we can move him for a mediocre pick.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Ross is the easy answer. Keep an eye out for a mock offseason I have coming out soon, it goes into great detail at every position in the organization. I have us hiring Ross as our new GM.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:

Other than the tough NY market I could see this being a nice landing spot for an aspiring GM. Yes the Sanchez/Holmes contracts aren't good but they're only one more year. The owner while butting his nose in a bit too much is a pretty good owner who will spend a ton of money.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them have at least one pass rusher on their current teams. So I won't be mad at any of these options.

Gamble, Newsome, Fitterer, Dorsey, Khan, Gutekunst are probably my favorites on this list.

Gamble - Helped putting together the league's best defense. they built that team around Willis perfectly. Then surrounded Alex Smith with talent.

Newsome - Seem like the guy that would know what would work for rex and not make dumb decisions because of what Woody & Rex want. I would love this.

Fitterer - The players drafted and starting on that defense.
He is able to find talent any where in the draft.

Khan - Broke down a terrible salary cap situation in Pitts. I remember hearing rumors of them possibly cutting Harrison to free up space a couple of seasons ago.

Gutekunst - Impressed by the talent they select. I'm not sure who gets the props for this, but look at how they built the team through the draft. On offense, Rodgers was drafted, then surrounded with talent like Nelson,Cobb, Jennings, and Jones. On defense, they drafted Matthews and is currently building around him.

Dorsey - He smiles like the Joker. Let's get him. Someone who could help change the negative image of this team as well as build it the right way.

I just want someone who can build through the draft.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 1 of 43

Jump to: