Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Tim Tebow Will Request Trade/Release (UPDATE: Jags?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
x0x wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening

I would love nothing more than to see him twice a year in Cleveland; it'll give me more reason to enjoy watching him get destroyed.

I will cite this to no end if Tebow does indeed go to Cleveland and gets them a division title.

It will NEVER happen, so don't worry about it.
I'd be more concerned about the McDaniels part.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow sucks, but I don't blame him one bit for doing this.
Went to a joke of a team and was screwed over.

I hate the Jaguars
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.
I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.

I'm sorry.

Well said, I really don't understand why they won't give Tebow a chance. It's like they're afraid to find out he's better than Sanchez.
I think it's that they're more afraid he'll somehow win a couple close games that look like miracles and he'll look like the savior. Then the fans/media would almost pressure the Jets into having to keep him long term/for at least 1 more year as the starter. I'm pretty sure no HC wants Tebow starting for them going into the year.

So you guys are afraid that you'd actually win some games and that your front office wouldn't have the backbone to find an actual QB afterward?
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
Good for him. Hope he can rid himself of the horrible Jets organization.

I hope to see the Jets organization rid themselves of a horrible player.
I'm not trying to indict anyone specifically, but the extent to which Sanchez was defended and given pass after pass by some Jets fans all the while cursing Tebow as a player has been downright laughable. Sachez was clearly a sinking ship, and rather than try to use a lifeboat that may or may not have saved the team, the team and fanbase decided to go down with the ship. I really don't get it.

I've never been a fan of Tebow, but if we had landed him, I would have preferred him play over Henne when Gabbert went down. And the only reason I wouldn't have been calling for Tebow with Gabbert's struggles would have been solely because we needed to evaluate the situation for the future. Not so the case with the Jets, everyone should have known by midseason that Sanchez was done.

I'm sorry.

Well said, I really don't understand why they won't give Tebow a chance. It's like they're afraid to find out he's better than Sanchez.
I think it's that they're more afraid he'll somehow win a couple close games that look like miracles and he'll look like the savior. Then the fans/media would almost pressure the Jets into having to keep him long term/for at least 1 more year as the starter. I'm pretty sure no HC wants Tebow starting for them going into the year.

So you guys are afraid that you'd actually win some games and that your front office wouldn't have the backbone to find an actual QB afterward?

Afraid that we'll turn into the Broncos without Peyton Manning to save us. If they were forced to start Tebow this season, they would be a 6 win team at best. That's probably still enough to win their division. Laughing

To clarify, that's not why I don't want him to start or be on this team.
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Afraid that we'll turn into the Broncos without Peyton Manning to save us. If they were forced to start Tebow this season, they would be a 6 win team at best. That's probably still enough to win their division. Laughing

To clarify, that's not why I don't want him to start or be on this team.

Had Tebow stayed Denvers QB they would still dominate that division this year, 10-11 wins.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
McDaniels to Cleveland with Tebow following..... I can see it happening

I would love nothing more than to see him twice a year in Cleveland; it'll give me more reason to enjoy watching him get destroyed.

Do you not remember what happened last time Tebow played the Steelers?

Was it that painfull that your mind has erased it?

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Twizlers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest if I was anyone on the Jets right now, I'd request to be traded too. That organization is run so poorly that it is truly disgusting. Starts at the top, they need to clean house if they feel like doing anything in this decade.

Tebow wholeheartedly deserves to get a shot somewhere else. I thought Denver treated him bad... Elway looks like an angel compared to Rex.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's best for both player and team they go in separate directions.

Tebow clearly wasn't wanted by anyone making day-to-day football decisions, so there's no point really in him staying around.

I kind of feel bad for Tebow. He really didn't do anything to be this cultural phenom and have this cult following. He's really more trouble than he's worth due to all the crap that surrounds him. He's not going to be allowed to be the backup QB that he is. He's going to be thrust into the spotlight by moronic media personnel to no end. ESPN said they were going to tone down the Tebow coverage, but they still showed his one "pass" on the highlights from the game last night!

Tebow being brought in and Sanchez failing are two entirely different problems which (should) have no relation. No rational Jets fan would blame Tebow for how bad Sanchez has been. Sanchez was bad before Tebow came along. If Sanchez is truly weak enough to have been "ruined" by Tebow being brought in, then he should be gone anyway.

The Jets need to blow up the QB position. Maybe keep McElroy as a #2, but both Sanchez and Tebow should be gone before next season starts.
Keleth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
If Sanchez is truly weak enough to have been "ruined" by Tebow being brought in, then he should be gone anyway.

He maybe that weak but it appears to be that his front office thinks he is.
Is there any other excuse for the extension he was given other than the front office thought he was so weakened by the fact that the team had dared to look at Peyton ?
Also when Tebow was brought in Ryan etc were always pointing out that he was there for punt returns,wildcat or whatever,anything but being the QB or even being competition to Sanchez.
Why has Sanchez never had any sort of competition for starting ?
Is it because they were never able to find anyone to compete or did they think him having competition would ruin him mentally ?
Yes we know that his extension helped the team with a bit of cap room this year but that was an almost suicidal extension unless the team was 100% sure he was going to be their QB for the future.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfair how New York has treated him so poorly. He deserves to go to a team where he has a fair shot.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
It's unfair how New York has treated him so poorly. He deserves to go to a team where he has a fair shot.

He's not a good Quarterback. If was good he would be starting somewhere.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

He's not a good Quarterback. If was good he would be starting somewhere.

He had the choice of Jacksonville or the Jets. Not exactly the creme of the crop. Not to mention, he was deceived by the Jets into thinking he'd have a fair opportunity.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't he switch positions!? and contribute on a contender as a weapon/H-Back/TE/FB-HB/Slot?

I would line him up in the slot and do quick screens/bubble screens to that guy all game.. maybe a slant or out here and there.. some HB screens.. mix it up.. but anyway you look at hes 6'3 245ish strong as a bull and quick as hell with good vision. Just get the ball in his hands in the open field.

Why not?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Why can't he switch positions!? and contribute on a contender as a weapon/H-Back/TE/FB-HB/Slot?

I would line him up in the slot and do quick screens/bubble screens to that guy all game.. maybe a slant or out here and there.. some HB screens.. mix it up.. but anyway you look at hes 6'3 245ish strong as a bull and quick as hell with good vision. Just get the ball in his hands in the open field.

Why not?

I think that would be best for him but he's too stubborn to think of himself as anything but a QB.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Why not?

I think that would be best for him but he's too stubborn to think of himself as anything but a QB.

I have wonder if he thinks it hurts "his brand" or "message" if he is not a QB.. like its some kind of admittance of failure or something. Its hard to say what really drives him but i just can't imagine it hasn't been talked about.

His short area burst/size/strength is seriously to awesome. He can also leap like its no ones business-40 inch vert on that big frame like "come on throw the ball to that guy".

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: