Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Tim Tebow Will Request Trade/Release (UPDATE: Jags?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
If his only "chance" was the Broncos last season.

He deserves another.

Full off-season.
Full year of starting, or at least Week 1 to playoff elimination.

I'm certain the guy wouldn't start 0-8.

There's something only a few NFL teams are looking for...
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
x0x wrote:

How old are you? As some have already mentioned, you're just sitting on your hands at this point.

Because if you're not accepting the reality of what I'm saying at this point, you're no better than a brainwashed cult member.
Quote:

All your arguments stem from " Broncos defense got better, carried Tebow, Tebow sucks ".

This is FACT. Broncos scored fewer points per game under Tebow than under Orton and the defense gave up almost a full touchdown fewer. You can't argue with math.
Quote:

I mean, grow up man.

NO U!
Quote:

At least when I'm arguing failed points I put up a fight, I bring up circumstances and examples.

So have I, but you didn't listen. So why should I bother continue to state my case only to once again run into the brick wall of denial?
Quote:

You just say " Orton offense better, Broncos defense better after Orton. Tebow carried by defense lalalalalalalalalalalalala "
And you're still not listening.

Quote:

One counter argument I'll make to that is the following:

Tebow security of the ball and rushing resulted in better field position for his defense and at times prolonged drives allowing more rest to the defense.

Which is garbage, since Tebow fumbled FOURTEEN TIMES IN 11 GAMES. Tebow's supposed ball security prowess is a complete fabrication.

In the two worst losses the Broncos suffered in the regular season under Tebow [against Detroit and Buffalo], four Tebow turnovers were returned for touchdowns. And these were not powerhouse defenses that steamrolled him.
Quote:

Tebow's motivational spark is also not a myth.

No? How'd that work for the Jets this year?
Quote:

For anyone who has coached on any level will agree that confidence breeds mental strength.

Confidence without competence is meaningless. Tebow is not competent, therefore he would only inspire confidence in a child or someone with the mind of a child.
Quote:

The offense and the team wasn't getting squat from Orton. Tebow's " let's win it guys, common " attitude is better than Orton's say nothing and be disappointed in back breaking picks attitude.

Then why'd they become less productive under Tebow?
Quote:

There's also something to be said about a guy like Tebow who will boulder through a defender and get up quick after every hit as oppose to Orton who may lie there on the ground like a wuss after a Sack.

Yeah, "man, that fullback sure can take a beating. But why's he playing quarterback when he can't throw worth a damn?"

That rebuttal was glorious.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I can't believe there are still people who think Tebow is a NFL quality quarterback.

mind numbing.

His ceiling is a top 5 personal protector on the punt team due to his ability to probably be a top 5 passer among players at that position on fake punt situations.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you dont need a quick release or intermediate accuracy or good mechanics or anything to win a title at QB or anything... I think Tebow could win on a loaded team like the 49'ers or Broncos but its going to be ugly and a lot harder and require a lot more physical football and then it becomes a battle of staying healthy including Tim cause hes so rare whos going to replace him running his stuff(Jake Locker is the only one remotely close to a Tebow type athlete).. but you really are going to a gray area if you want to maybe go from ugly but winning record 1 playoff win maybe to a solid season championship caliber football team.

Move him to a full time offensive weapon slotWR-TE-HB/FB-Hback.. Get a QB feeding him the ball in open space with room to run and let him beat up defenses getting YAC.. I strongly feel he could be Aaron Hernandez type player or schemed to say like that.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Yeah you dont need a quick release or intermediate accuracy or good mechanics or anything to win a title at QB or anything... I think Tebow could win on a loaded team like the 49'ers or Broncos but its going to be ugly and a lot harder and require a lot more physical football and then it becomes a battle of staying healthy including Tim cause hes so rare whos going to replace him running his stuff(Jake Locker is the only one remotely close to a Tebow type athlete).. but you really are going to a gray area if you want to maybe go from ugly but winning record 1 playoff win maybe to a solid season championship caliber football team.

Yes, Tim can win in a team like that, he already has....Denver's D completely carried him and he scraped out some wins against mainly poor teams.
As for the whole Jake Locker thing, what? Saying Jake Locker is athletic is fine, and saying that Tebow is a rare athlete is fine, but how is Locker the closest to Tebow? Cam, RG3, Wilson, Vick are all more athletic than Locker IMO.....

I hate the Jaguars
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Yes, Tim can win in a team like that, he already has....Denver's D completely carried him and he scraped out some wins against mainly poor teams.
As for the whole Jake Locker thing, what? Saying Jake Locker is athletic is fine, and saying that Tebow is a rare athlete is fine, but how is Locker the closest to Tebow? Cam, RG3, Wilson, Vick are all more athletic than Locker IMO.....

I am not meaning anothying about them throwing the ball i just mean athletically/build wise.

Both 6'3ish 245 lbsish physical when running will truck you like a full back and have that short area burst/explosiveness.

I really dont think even Cam could constantly just run over guys .. Hes much taller and tho a buff bad dude just isnt built for the pounding like a Tebow or Locker.. They both look like big linebackers... There is a reason you dont see tall running backs much .. you will get jacked up eventually running if your to tall.. pad level and contact is everything.. Cam is powerful but his came is more based on agility and lose hippedness as well as the ability to turn the corner then ability to change direction in open space ..

Vick RGIII and pretty much every one else doesnt even bring anywhere near the power Tebow brings. Nobody wants to tackle Tebow. I just remember watching defender get ran over by him and you could see how unreal and discouraged they were.. Tebow maybe be one of the baddest dudes at the POA with the football in his hands. Hes like a big horse in armor.. Locker is the only thing that bring that much trucking power to quickness/momentum like a Tebow.

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being "6'3ish 245 lbsish physical when running will truck you like a full back" is actually one of the reasons Timmy can't throw.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Being "6'3ish 245 lbsish physical when running will truck you like a full back" is actually one of the reasons Timmy can't throw.

I agree 1000 billion percent and think its beyond obvious.. his traps pecs and deltoids are bigger then his head Shocked Laughing ...its why he has that awkward pitchers like motion in his throw. He just cant bring his arm over that top and get that "snap" or "sauce" on the ball.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

I agree 1000 billion percent and think its beyond obvious.. his traps pecs and deltoids are bigger then his head Shocked Laughing ...its why he has that awkward pitchers like motion in his throw. He just cant bring his arm over that top and get that "snap" or "sauce" on the ball.

And the Jets ha the brilliant idea to make him get BIGGER. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

And the Jets ha the brilliant idea to make him get BIGGER. Laughing

It's a good move if all you're gonna use him for is blocking on the punt team. Very Happy

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Good for him. I've never been a fan, but he deserves better than he was done in New York.

Sadly, if he gets released, it seems inevitable that he comes to Jacksonville. Le sigh.
He should have just went to Jacksonville last year when they wanted to trade for him from the Broncos. Tebow is in this position because of what he did.

Had he gone to Jacksonville he would already be the starter. Now he's gonna get all mad at NY for not playing him when they basically said as much when acquiring him?

All of this is Tebow's fault.

Wrong. Try again.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone blame him for being ticked? Sanchez gets benched, they pass him over for G-Mc...which is kind of understandable but then G-Mc gets hurt and they pass him over for benched Sanchez? That's idiotic. Rex, you're a fool.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I'd love to see Tebow go to NE or NO. Bill and Payton could think of some very creative things to do with him.

Bill might use him as a TE or something, but the day he puts in Tebow in over Brady at QB, even if just for a single play, is the day I'll say he lost his mind.

I couldn't fathom ever taking Brady out from under center for any type of package.

Bill and Payton defy reason. They are like wizards who live in worlds of football fantasy. They would find a way to make Tebow work in the NFL. No question.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Does anyone blame him for being ticked? Sanchez gets benched, they pass him over for G-Mc...which is kind of understandable but then G-Mc gets hurt and they pass him over for benched Sanchez? That's idiotic. Rex, you're a fool.

You expected to start Tebow this week after he basically quit on the team last week? They would sooner start Kerley at QB and I am 100% serious when I say that.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

You expected to start Tebow this week after he basically quit on the team last week? They would sooner start Kerley at QB and I am 100% serious when I say that.

Tebow said he didn't. I'm more inclined to believe him than some random report from ESPN.

But truth of the matter is, Tebow had every right to be ticked. It's pretty clear that the Jets and Ryan weren't honest with him when the trade was made and the fact they're pulling this stunt now is ridiculous. Only proves he's right here.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: