Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Tim Tebow Will Request Trade/Release (UPDATE: Jags?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Speedyg


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 426
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
x0x wrote:
If his only "chance" was the Broncos last season.

He deserves another.
WHY? What has he done to warrant giving him another shot where any other QB who completed 46.5% of his passes and 6.4 YPA as a starter would never receive one? What is it about Tebow that makes him immune to the typical criticisms NFL QBs receive?


I'v never seen this in my entire life.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is almost as much of a dumpster fire as Mark Sanchez except he doesn't win as much as Sanchez, why aren't there people clamoring for Thigpen to get his second shota chance because he "deserves" one?

Why don't Stanzi and Hill and Orlovsky and Whitehurst "deserve" another chance. All of them are behind bad QB's or QB's who struggle with consistency.



Neither of them got a 1-4 team into playoffs and a very good playoff performance against a top ranked defense to win a playoff game at home.


That's why Tebow deserves another chance.

Again, still hasn't had a full-offseason to work with a team's 1st.


Don't you need to earn the right to work with a team's 1st unit, even in practice?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/796083-tim-tebow-the-latest-on-kyle-orton-tebow-and-the-broncos-qb-battle/entry/113726-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-backup-struggling-to-find-form-in-training-camp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49533
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

How old are you? As some have already mentioned, you're just sitting on your hands at this point.

Because if you're not accepting the reality of what I'm saying at this point, you're no better than a brainwashed cult member.
Quote:

All your arguments stem from " Broncos defense got better, carried Tebow, Tebow sucks ".

This is FACT. Broncos scored fewer points per game under Tebow than under Orton and the defense gave up almost a full touchdown fewer. You can't argue with math.
Quote:

I mean, grow up man.

NO U!
Quote:

At least when I'm arguing failed points I put up a fight, I bring up circumstances and examples.

So have I, but you didn't listen. So why should I bother continue to state my case only to once again run into the brick wall of denial?
Quote:

You just say " Orton offense better, Broncos defense better after Orton. Tebow carried by defense lalalalalalalalalalalalala "
And you're still not listening.

Quote:

One counter argument I'll make to that is the following:


Tebow security of the ball and rushing resulted in better field position for his defense and at times prolonged drives allowing more rest to the defense.

Which is garbage, since Tebow fumbled FOURTEEN TIMES IN 11 GAMES. Tebow's supposed ball security prowess is a complete fabrication.

In the two worst losses the Broncos suffered in the regular season under Tebow [against Detroit and Buffalo], four Tebow turnovers were returned for touchdowns. And these were not powerhouse defenses that steamrolled him.
Quote:

Tebow's motivational spark is also not a myth.

No? How'd that work for the Jets this year?
Quote:

For anyone who has coached on any level will agree that confidence breeds mental strength.

Confidence without competence is meaningless. Tebow is not competent, therefore he would only inspire confidence in a child or someone with the mind of a child.
Quote:

The offense and the team wasn't getting squat from Orton. Tebow's " let's win it guys, common " attitude is better than Orton's say nothing and be disappointed in back breaking picks attitude.

Then why'd they become less productive under Tebow?
Quote:

There's also something to be said about a guy like Tebow who will boulder through a defender and get up quick after every hit as oppose to Orton who may lie there on the ground like a wuss after a Sack.

Yeah, "man, that fullback sure can take a beating. But why's he playing quarterback when he can't throw worth a damn?"
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
panther dude


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 6634
Location: East Lansing, MI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
panther dude wrote:
Tzimisce wins best sig on the internet.
Don't get too attached. I just lost a sig bet with sp6488. Sad


Sad Sad I already starting loving it so much though Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stunnaboy


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 4409
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
panther dude wrote:
Tzimisce wins best sig on the internet.
Don't get too attached. I just lost a sig bet with sp6488. Sad


Please tell me it's going to be a Tebow based one!

18 pages on this thread? Man people do love their Tebow.

I just hope he get's one more chance so we settle this Tebow thing one way or the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49533
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunnaboy wrote:

I just hope he get's one more chance so we settle this Tebow thing one way or the other.
Why would you wish that on Jags fans? Haven't they suffered enough?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Stunnaboy


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 4409
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Stunnaboy wrote:

I just hope he get's one more chance so we settle this Tebow thing one way or the other.
Why would you wish that on Jags fans? Haven't they suffered enough?


One of my closest friends is a Jags fan. He has no idea how much delight I gain from this happening to his team.

Besides, Jagsonville is an awesome city! They could care less about the NFL team because of the awesome weather in Florida.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 30192
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunnaboy wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Stunnaboy wrote:

I just hope he get's one more chance so we settle this Tebow thing one way or the other.
Why would you wish that on Jags fans? Haven't they suffered enough?


One of my closest friends is a Jags fan. He has no idea how much delight I gain from this happening to his team.

Besides, Jagsonville is an awesome city! They could care less about the NFL team because of the awesome weather in Florida.
Some of my best friends know Jaguar fans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunnaboy wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Stunnaboy wrote:

I just hope he get's one more chance so we settle this Tebow thing one way or the other.
Why would you wish that on Jags fans? Haven't they suffered enough?


One of my closest friends is a Jags fan. He has no idea how much delight I gain from this happening to his team.

Besides, Jagsonville is an awesome city! They could care less about the NFL team because of the awesome weather in Florida.


Its Naval Port town and not a cool one like San Diego ... might want to rethink that... its actually a awkward place for a NFL team as it has no tourist y attraction outside of just being hot... I lived in Florida and no one wants to go Jacksonville.. there is a reason even people in Jacksonville dont go to there own beaches and travel to other Florida cities to party and hang out.. At least in Tampa Bay with the Bucs .. after the Bucs game you can go to Ybor City or Clearwater and have the sickest time ever.. Jacksonville there a Publix Grocery store and some Military bars (dudes in crew cuts drinking bad beer sharing information about arm locks and how to site rifles bettter not the funnest play ever)...

Its really awkward place for a sports franchise... I am amazed they even have held on as long as they have.. If it wasnt for Coughlins for couple years and the success he instantly brought there.. i bet there wouldnt even be a team there by now.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Stunnaboy


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 4409
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Its Naval Port town and not a cool one like San Diego ... might want to rethink that... its actually a awkward place for a NFL team as it has no tourist y attraction outside of just being hot... I lived in Florida and no one wants to go Jacksonville.. there is a reason even people in Jacksonville dont go to there own beaches and travel to other Florida cities to party and hang out.. At least in Tampa Bay with the Bucs .. after the Bucs game you can go to Ybor City or Clearwater and have the sickest time ever.. Jacksonville there a Publix Grocery store and some Military bars (dudes in crew cuts drinking bad beer sharing information about arm locks and how to site rifles bettter not the funnest play ever)...

Its really awkward place for a sports franchise... I am amazed they even have held on as long as they have.. If it wasnt for Coughlins for couple years and the success he instantly brought there.. i bet there wouldnt even be a team there by now.


As someone who is from Canada, and spends vacation time in Orlando, I jsut assumed everywhere in Florida was awesome. I guess I thought wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22944
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunnaboy wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Its Naval Port town and not a cool one like San Diego ... might want to rethink that... its actually a awkward place for a NFL team as it has no tourist y attraction outside of just being hot... I lived in Florida and no one wants to go Jacksonville.. there is a reason even people in Jacksonville dont go to there own beaches and travel to other Florida cities to party and hang out.. At least in Tampa Bay with the Bucs .. after the Bucs game you can go to Ybor City or Clearwater and have the sickest time ever.. Jacksonville there a Publix Grocery store and some Military bars (dudes in crew cuts drinking bad beer sharing information about arm locks and how to site rifles bettter not the funnest play ever)...

Its really awkward place for a sports franchise... I am amazed they even have held on as long as they have.. If it wasnt for Coughlins for couple years and the success he instantly brought there.. i bet there wouldnt even be a team there by now.


As someone who is from Canada, and spends vacation time in Orlando, I jsut assumed everywhere in Florida was awesome. I guess I thought wrong.

Jacksonville is awesome.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15537
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
x0x wrote:

How old are you? As some have already mentioned, you're just sitting on your hands at this point.

Because if you're not accepting the reality of what I'm saying at this point, you're no better than a brainwashed cult member.


How can I not use the same argument on you?

First off, you call something reality and intend this to be taken as factual when at the end of the day it's still subjective and your opinion.

So translated, you just said:

" Because if you're not accepting the opinion that I have claimed as fact, and what I'm saying at this point, you're no better than a person who I think has an outrageous opinion that I do not condone. "

I never called people brainwashed, you can call me ignorant or uninformed if you wish, but the way you wrote what you did, it comes out to what I added.


Quote:
Quote:

All your arguments stem from " Broncos defense got better, carried Tebow, Tebow sucks ".

This is FACT. Broncos scored fewer points per game under Tebow than under Orton and the defense gave up almost a full touchdown fewer. You can't argue with math.


In all of this, did you not consider garbage time statistics at all?

I was unable to get a split that showed Orton's statistics when his team was down by multiple scores but I did find that in his 5 losses he passed for nearly 50 more yards per game and threw 7 TDs, with 9 INTs.

Source


Quote:
One counter argument I'll make to that is the following:

Tebow security of the ball and rushing resulted in better field position for his defense and at times prolonged drives allowing more rest to the defense.

Which is garbage, since Tebow fumbled FOURTEEN TIMES IN 11 GAMES. Tebow's supposed ball security prowess is a complete fabrication.[/quote]

I can't find his fumbles per game, but after checking several games, those 14 fumbles must be concentrated as I know 6 were in 3 games and I think he fumbled 3 times in another game. Would be nice to get the numbers on this.

At any rate, Warren Moon fumbled 11+ times on eight occasions and he threw a lot more picks.

Half of Tebow's interceptions came against Buffalo. Now might I add he was in his 2nd year so fumbling is one of the more excusable flaws of a young player. Peterson for example was huge in his fumbling the first few years.

Quote:
Quote:

Tebow's motivational spark is also not a myth.

No? How'd that work for the Jets this year?


Cute. We'll never know because Sanchez was certainly not helping with morale.

Quote:
Confidence without competence is meaningless. Tebow is not competent, therefore he would only inspire confidence in a child or someone with the mind of a child.


What am I suppose to do with this? Am I suppose to respond? Does constitute an argument? Appears to be a statement implying Tebow can only motivate people of lower intellect........okay.....carry on?

Quote:
Quote:

The offense and the team wasn't getting squat from Orton. Tebow's " let's win it guys, common " attitude is better than Orton's say nothing and be disappointed in back breaking picks attitude.

Then why'd they become less productive under Tebow?


The rushing increased substantially. The passing game decreased.

Scoring decreased.

Total yards? I believe this increased but was a wash.

So what you're left with is team support and I do believe better field position as Orton killed his team at times, when the game mattered.

Quote:
Yeah, "man, that fullback sure can take a beating. But why's he playing quarterback when he can't throw worth a damn?"


Again...am I suppose to respond to this?



You clearly have an inherent bias against Tebow.

Do I have favorable bias towards Tebow? Yes, but you are biased against him as well.

You're not being objective at all on this front.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49533
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stahp
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22944
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
At any rate, Warren Moon fumbled 11+ times on eight occasions and he threw a lot more picks.

Great point, Tebow>>>>Warren Moon.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15270
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
x0x wrote:
If his only "chance" was the Broncos last season.

He deserves another.
WHY? What has he done to warrant giving him another shot where any other QB who completed 46.5% of his passes and 6.4 YPA as a starter would never receive one? What is it about Tebow that makes him immune to the typical criticisms NFL QBs receive?


Criticism is fine. At the same time, how about also giving a little credit where credit is due?
What credit does he deserve? And don't say "he's won a bunch of games" because we all know that's a load of crap.

Just because you would really, really like it to be a "load of crap", doesn't mean it is. If Tebow didn't make the plays at the end of those games, who did? His defense was good, but Tebow still brought them back from behind several times and nobody can take that away from him. As I said, complain about his passing motion and accuracy all you want, but at the same time you have to give him credit when he deserves it too. Anyone who doesn't is a fraud, plain and simple.
_________________

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49533
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lordah...

I'm done with this thread.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group